Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 01:50:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189431 Posts in 10977 Topics by 18158 Members
Latest Member: rerakefo
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  XR 1.3
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR 1.3  (Read 11268 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 06:01:21 pm »

Behe sprint was a request and we enabled it on a temporary, 'let's see what happens' status.

Coincidentally or not,  every point in your list is already being worked on, afaik. Maybe it was your duperb lobbying but i've seen Clemens discuss it with council guys while i was away, on vacation.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 08:33:16 pm »

When you place a gate allowing it to be destroyed then place the 2nd gate it will randomly spawn you somewhere on the map. Pretty game breaking glitch that I like to abuse, never works out for me though.  Evil Cheesy
Yes, it's already been reported and fixed in code. Thank you. Next patch should be soon™.
This is an exploit that has been around for a long time, apparently, but since the people that have been abusing it for years didn't want it fixed, they never reported it.

Workers will stop working when one of them is deleted by commander. Often happens when mining, haven't checked to see if this happens whilst they're building.
I tried it myself just now, but this does not happen for me. Is there another condition that has to be met?

Shuffle votes are completely broken. It will move half of t1, t1's commander and people from spectate into team 2. At this point it is better to be removed completely then having it's current state in the game.
I've made improvements and changes to shuffle and even, they'll be on the next patch.
I suggest using EVENTEAMS over SHUFFLE even after it's fixed, though.

Whose idea was it to give behe sprint?
I was against it, but the Behephiles wanted Behemoth to have sprint, so it was added as a "see what happens" as Daemon said.
I've already raised other potential alternatives instead, but I haven't posted an official Rebalance request (yes, I have to follow this guideline, too) yet as I have other things to do.
If someone wants to spark the rebalance change sooner, feel free to post it instead of me.
Potential alternatives:
- Lock speed when attacking (speed is reduced to 0 while attack animation - can't chase or lead targets)
- Lock angles when attacking (can't rotate while attack animation - easier to dodge them, especially around buildings)
- Buff immobs against siege, e.g. speed 0 or duration higher (giving you a proper counter to speedy behes)
- Give behe other abilities (that have to be researched - details pending)
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 02:44:01 am »

Awesome to know that bugs are getting fixed this quickly. Thanks for the work as always.

Still a bit puzzled on this behe sprint thing. So were behes considered under-powered these past 12 years?
I'm not sure if the patch is the cause of this or me just looking for something to complain about, however short path maps have been
 even more dominated by beast. Maps such as kinixxx, puchi6 and izi which have short paths just seem to be behe dominated. I just don't see the reasoning behind this change... the problems that were first mentioned were siege spawning for defensive purposes and beast winning more games than human and this buff just seems to ignore both of those issues.
Would love to know the Human to Beast W/L since the patch.

I am just a bit confused by it all.  I am probably just being a whiny bitch for no reason, after all that's what you turn into when you play savage daily.  Smitten  Angel  Smitten  Angel

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 12:32:28 pm »

So were behes considered under-powered these past 12 years?

They're supposed to be an offensively powerful unit.
Behe was nerfed multiple times in the past - I'm sure Shagroth will gladly take out his Savage Balance History book and tell us all about it. Grin
However, due to Behe's basic design and the offensive nerfs, its main purpose has become defensive camping which goes against good and fun gameplay.
While "blocking siege shots" and "being a mobile boulder for summoners to hide" are merely its additional secondary staples.

So finding a way to increase a behe's attacking usage without also increasing its defending capabilities is a tricky task.
I don't think behe sprint was the solution, though.
United

hi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 10:15:08 am »

Can someone tell me why I'm banned from the server pulse ? thank you....
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 10:25:29 am »

Can someone tell me why I'm banned from the server pulse ? thank you....

Ask here:
http://server.groentjuh.eu/index.php?f=93&sid=10848e5021d2e295f306e6b6d161ec17

United

hi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 07:15:06 am »

Now im banned in GK so i can't play savage now Sad
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 09:30:13 am »

Try posting here:

http://server.groentjuh.eu/index.php?f=7&sid=789389b0fdb5f82cb7b9683bf68ee392

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 10:04:53 am »

Related to an XR bug. Please try not getting yourself kicked! You *should* be unbanned.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
United

hi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 10:19:18 am »

Not me kcked myself Last night is Hugo kicked me and the other is itinial or close nick
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 11:28:02 am »

It's fixed on GK now.
Patch 1.3.7.1
But Pulse has to wait until Jmz gets around to it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: