Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2018, 04:45:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189321 Posts in 10970 Topics by 18118 Members
Latest Member: farikadol
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  Tech buildings speed up buff pool regen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tech buildings speed up buff pool regen  (Read 893 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2017, 06:47:28 pm »

Suggestion: make fire/elec/mag/etc regen that depends on the quantity of the buildings. For example: 2nd fire increases regeneration by X%.
In this case a team/com that controls a lot of territory (and mines) will have an advantage to win.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:38:21 pm »

First of all, I find this suggestion way too vague in general to discuss properly - its too many if's and but's with it. It need numbers, properties and values, and a proper pro vs con reason from the man behind the idea (why dont you use the form layout drk?) . However, I will give my general opinion on this, from a general perspective.

General thoughts:
- Map controll is on medium and bigger sized maps, often dominated by beasts due to their natural speed advantage. This means the suggestion is in favor of beasts in those circumstances.
- Its my impression, that beasts do overall, tend to need more redstone and such, for maintaining map-controll over longer time (no shielding on forward subs = more expensive pushes etc.), and they are likely to manage to maintain map-controll longer in games, simply by building more buff pools.
- Newbie-friendlyness. The fact that the pushing teams gets more powerful, because of map-controll (and more resources/buff pool) means it is harder to break out of a defensive situation for the team with lesser resources  (think turtling humans vs map-controlling beasts). Not to mention, the fact that veterans are more likely to benefit from more buffs, and that it removes skill-based gameplay to a large degree. All this makes the game less newbie-friendly in my eyes - because it is no longer skill-rewarding (using a buff is not a skill), and due to savages's community, the officers are likely to be the one which receives the buffs.
- Increased gap between skilled vs less skilled players (skilled players tend to be more buffed == less funn for regular players).

General questions regarding the idea:
- A max limit on how fast buff pools can rechage would be needed. What would be a fitting amount? It will have to be independent on player population on the server, if not, low-pop games late and early will just be buffing all the time.How is that to be adressed?
- Are the buff pools to increase in size aswell (like they do now?) Or should that change - such that there is a certain max-amount of buffpool you can reach for each tech-three?
- How will this affect community on the long term? I think more buffs will create more griefing and less teamwork overall. A part of the incentive for teamwork in this game, is because you are not strong enough to get trough the enemies alone. More buffs means less teamwork, because you can suddenly do big things alone.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:32:54 am »

I think that anything that increases the frequency of buffs is a no-no. Enlarging the buff pool is one thing, but speeding up the actual rate which you get new buffs is another.

Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »

The only thing we should be trying to do is reduce buffs.. it's bad enough I have to play one team due to the overpowered buffs that everyone seems to be fine with. It's like we're purposely trying to ruin a good game with shit suggestions Smiley

drk
Community Serveradmin
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:36:23 pm »

Useless idea then. Delete it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: