Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2018, 11:04:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189117 Posts in 10953 Topics by 18015 Members
Latest Member: C.I.A.
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Patch Notes
| | |-+  XR 1.3 Followup Patches (3-4-2017 to 7-4-2017)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR 1.3 Followup Patches (3-4-2017 to 7-4-2017)  (Read 7028 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 03:51:14 am »

There have been some more updates (first post editted accordingly).
Bug Fixes:
  • Outpost/Burrow not allowing some siege units to spawn
  • Exploit allowing players to circumvent shop spawning restrictions
  • Melee items, while melee is equipped in a shop, being falsely flagged as "Your inventory is full"
  • Players sometimes receiving extra gold when team gold is full
  • markEnemies and cloaking will correctly reset upon death and revival
    • I actually liked cloaked corpses, though
      • Fixed splash damage denial from potion states
      • Reduced potion states levels of energyArmor to 1.05, 1.1, 1.15

Improvements/Changes:
  • Commander Worker Order Queue hotkey moved from ALT to SHIFT, and Commander Mass Order hotkey moved from SHIFT to CTRL instead
  • /dropgold has received an upgrade
    • During WARMUP: Minimum 10, even while dead
    • During MATCH: Minimum 100, not while dead
    • Chat echo for success
  • /donate has received a chat echo for success
  • Conflux, Heavy Transport (Bus), Guardian (Tree), Transport (Balloon) have had their maxPopulation reduced from 3 to 1 for now
  • Conflux and Heavy Transport (Bus) have had their costs increased from 100 & 15k to 250 stone & 25k gold for now
  • Added lockspec & nocomm votes to lobby vote panel
  • Outpost (Magpost) and Enchanted Burrow (Heal Burrow) upgrade cost reduced to 500/1000
  • Conflux and Bus are now buildable from Garrisons/Subs and Magposts/Heal Burrows
  • Altars and Caches cost reduced to 50 energy
  • Separated Resource Dropping into sv_goodieDropPlayerResources (default off) and sv_goodieDropNonPlayerResources (default on)
    • Firstly, this means that workers and carts dropping their carried resources can now happen without the need for players to do the same
    • In fact, players no longer drop their carried resources, while workers still do
  • If sv_goodieDropPlayerResources is on, reloc-ing drops the resources
    • Since sv_goodieDropPlayerResources is turned off now, this only takes effect on special gamemodes and maps, not standard
  • More /xrinfo
    • I would like to add more, what would players/admins like to see there?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:09:25 pm by Daemon » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 07:23:05 am »

XRINFO: Revision number (last/current), at least; bins footprint (date is too vague).
Order queue: why not just move it CTRL, and keep the old use of SHIFT just the way comms are used to?

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 08:29:19 am »

While you are a corpse

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 11:24:47 am »

There is a weird bug with heavy transport some times - i shot it 3-4 times in a row with a summoner, and no hits was registered (hitbox behaving weird?). When i shot it, it was standing tilted on a hill. Daemon can confirm that one.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 11:49:24 am »

^transport as in heavy transport (not light) btw.

another bug: dead, human siege units get the "healer nearby message" when healer is nearby, but dead human siege units cannot be revived

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 12:53:31 pm »

XRINFO: Revision number (last/current), at least; bins footprint (date is too vague).
Revision is in it, which is more important than exact date anyway.

Order queue: why not just move it CTRL, and keep the old use of SHIFT just the way comms are used to?
Because all RTS use SHIFT, and it's known as SHIFT-Queue. Grin
But I'd like active commanders to state their experiences and wishes anyway, since they'll need to use it more than the players.

dead, human siege units get the "healer nearby message" when healer is nearby, but dead human siege units cannot be revived
Alright, I can change that.

Is it possible to rebind the toggle console key? There is no tilde-key on my non-english keyboard. I either have to switch to English mode (and back out, and back in and back out) to use a console command, or use the almost as inconvenient intended way to access the character on this keyboard.
Check out /consolekeys

A related bug: if you unbind wheel up and wheel down (by default used for next and previous item), those get rebinded every time you relaunch the game. One can get around this by placing the unbind command in what ever that file was that gets executed every time you launch the game.
I don't know if I'd call the game making sure you have proper keys set up a bug. Grin
KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 01:22:06 pm »

I don't know if I'd call the game making sure you have proper keys set up a bug. Grin

They get rebinded even if you have something else set to next and previous item. Quite inconvenient if you have a sensitive mousewheel. But since there's an easy way to get around this, it's not a very meaningful issue. I replied about the consolekeys in the topic in Support Section.
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »

Community improvement feature suggestion:

In vote-panel, for kick/mutes etc., add a list of reasons than can be chosen. Such a list can look like this (example):

- insults/racism
- trolling/trollvotes
- spamming
- siege camping defensively
- teamswitching
- Bailing (as comm)
- etc (more reasons possible).

When calling the vote, the reason gets sent to chat immediatly (this function is allready in place I think), but the new idea is that 1) a reason must be chosen for the vote to start (validation), and that maybe server admins can customize this list (?). I believe its relatively dooable in python.

The downside of this is that /callvote mute Madmod cannot be called in chat, because the reason cannot be stated there, nor chosen there (if its possible to do validation there too, that would be great!)

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 04:34:21 pm »

bug: turning off colour levelarmour (in options) gives you weird effect when looking (mouseover) on players which are above lvl 10. Besides, you see allies hp (regardless of what unit you are).

In addition, you also see enemies lvl .I dont know if this is intended or not

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 02:38:16 am »

Next update:
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed splash damage denial from potion states
  • Reduced potion states levels of energyArmor to 1.05, 1.1, 1.15
  • Server error message involving human_heal & beast_heal (did not impact gameplay)

Improvements/Changes:
  • _auto_attack adjustment
  • Removed some performance wastage involving lagcompensation code
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 07:59:02 am »

Next update:
Improvements/Changes:
  • Removed some performance wastage involving lagcompensation code
This is actually saying: Remove the lagcompensation placebo from the code base. It actually does nothing, except waste performance.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 09:15:19 am »

_auto_attack adjustment

What's this? Increase auto attack speed to match the speed of spamming attack button?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 10:03:34 am »

There's a problem with auto attack that plenty profficient players have raised on multiple occasions. If we dont manage to alleviate the imbalance problems it causes, we might end up removibg it for fairplay reasons. After all, no human can be as fast as a program spamming keys, no reation time, no eye-hand co-ordination, no waiting for server since it's automatic. And while humans clicking mouse buttons to mine can't be hacked, programs can, and are hackable and hijackable and exploitable.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:08:59 am by Daemon » Logged

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 10:45:18 am »

If we dont manage to alleviate the imbalance problems it causes, we might end up removibg it for fairplay reasons.

Not going to lie, I would automate the spamming if pmining required manual clicking. That would make the game unplayable. A possible solution would be to completely separate mining/building from attacking, allow auto attack with one and disallow for other.

Though I don't quite understand what the problem is, since auto_attack is slower than manual spamming, even when manual spamming is done poorly. And I don't see how removing auto_attack would do anything towards stopping rapid fire hotkeys.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 11:07:32 am »

Faster hits use auto attack ranging from default to hacked. That's what makes it possible. Restricting its use around mines is also hackable, just like its default 60ms cooldown made 0. We're considering our options.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: