Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 05:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189426 Posts in 10975 Topics by 18155 Members
Latest Member: fazijotrj
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  2nd generation changes
| | | |-+  Discuss: Ammo packs - refill ammounts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss: Ammo packs - refill ammounts  (Read 1280 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:15:10 pm »

Hello!

Obviously, Beasts do refill their mana with the same amount, when they pick up a mana drop, regardless of what weapon they're using. Not the case with Humans, though. Each weapon has a manually set ammo amount that they get when picking up an ammo pack (dropped by enemies and NPC). It varies quite a lot. Who knows what this was supposed to balance, the weapon's chances to restock on the field making some more attractive than others, probably, but everyone just uses flux, anyway Smiley.

Among the settings defining each weapon (and any other object, actually), there are a lot of remnant attributes, completely removed from code, or just breaking consistency. For instance, the settings regulating ammo:

objSet ammoMax 110
objSet ammoStart 110
objSet ammoGroup 10
objSet ammoCost 15

What's the reason of having an ammoMax that is the same as ammoStart? It's not even accurate since the ammo pack item doubles that.

Quote from: Clemens
Well, ammoMax and ammoStart do two different things.
It's just that someone decided they want the OPTION to change the starting amount, but turns out starting with max is good as is. :p
You could call ammo_pack an addition after the fact where they had to messily hack the system to accomodate...

ammoCost was also removed - it was the money you'd have to pay to restock/refill your weapon, per each ammoGroup you would buy. So you would pay 15 gold for 10 bullets on a repeater. The cost was removed, but the ammo amount per tick (ammoGroup) stayed, and it happens to be tied to the ammo drop refill value. So now, picking up an ammo drop, you get 10 repeater bullets, and that makes it 11 pick-ups for normal weapons, and 22 pick-ups for when you got ammo pack item in inventory.

These are the values right now: (Weapon - ammo picked for half refill - ammo picked for full refill when using ammo pack item)

Hunter Bow (4x - 8x)
objSet ammoStart 20
objSet ammoGroup 5
Scattergun (3x - 5x)
objSet ammoStart 12
objSet ammoGroup 5
Discharger (4x - 8x)
objSet ammoStart 20
objSet ammoGroup 5
Incinerator (9x - 18x)
objSet ammoStart 180
objSet ammoGroup 20
Xbow: (10x - 20x)
objSet ammoStart 20
objSet ammoGroup 2
Repeater (11x - 22x)
objSet ammoStart 110
objSet ammoGroup 10
Flux (10x - 20x)
objSet ammoStart 250
objSet ammoGroup 25
Mortar (5x - 10x)
objSet ammoStart 10
objSet ammoGroup 2
MMBow (5x - 10x)
objSet ammoStart 5
objSet ammoGroup 1
Coil (7x - 13x)
objSet ammoStart 13
objSet ammoGroup 2
Pulse (4x - 8x)
objSet ammoStart 25
objSet ammoGroup 5
Launcher (11x - 22x)
objSet ammoStart 11
objSet ammoGroup 1

I'm a little bit annoyed about this - it's unnecessary details, nobody knows how much they get from a drop, especially since there's no digits on the ammo drop boxes to tell you, or any other info letting you know how much you got. Unlike beasts who get 1/10 mana back. But since changing them is a gameplay issue, i've layed it out for whoever wants to pitch in.

My suggestions are:
1. By far the cleanest one: make all weapons get the same ammo percentage from an ammo drop that you pick. Right now i would say making it 20% across the board.
2. If we even want to make it variable, at least we should make it so that the underused weapons, like incinerator, requiring 22 drops to refill, need less than the rest. They'll still use flux but still Smiley.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:13:47 pm by Daemon » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »

The way it is right now boosts some weapons more than others. While being extraordinary useless on flux it's being superb useful on discharger and coil. I'd for go option #1 probably, percentage makes sense to me.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:54:51 pm »

% based sounds good
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:41:52 pm »

I give my support to option 1, for the reasons Trig mentioned.

Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:24:38 am »

I give my support to option 1, for the reasons Trig mentioned.

Which is easier to understand for newcomers!

More meaning!
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 03:00:31 pm »

edit: post removed.  sorry, posted in wrong thread 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: