Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2018, 10:57:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189117 Posts in 10953 Topics by 18015 Members
Latest Member: C.I.A.
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  2nd generation changes
| | | |-+  Discuss: 6th Sense
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss: 6th Sense  (Read 699 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2017, 04:23:19 pm »

Changing sixth sense.

Right now sixth sense is unused. Currently it does show enemies (like sensor does) and if the enemy is low on hp.

Compared to sensor (which does not has to be carried to be working) which does show enemies on the minimap, their location, invisible units and buildings (including gateways) it's even more terrible.

Right now, humans are almost never hiding because they do not have to at all. Beasts on the other hand gain advantages if they're succesfully hiding.

TL;DR right now sixth sense is never making sense.

My proposals:

1)
Make it detect sensors. Right now sensors can be well hidden without getting seen by players.

2)
Make it show enemies through wall (in case this is technically possible) - like a wallhack.

3)
Make it show enemies on the minimap just like sensor does

4)
Make it show enemies health bar just like siege.

Any other proposals are welcome and so are any other ideas or opinions on this.

2. IS a wallhack.

3. That could be done.

4. Just like 2, these things are not to be made available to clients or risk JmZ kind of hacks.

and 1. I don't know,  a special sense for wounded humans doesn't seem right to me to be applied to machinery.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:16:48 pm by Daemon » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 04:42:45 pm »

I completely forgot about JmZ. Beasts have an extraordinary sense compared to humans. Why not make it detect sensors? They detect mechs too after all!  Smiley

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 04:22:24 pm »

Minimap vision would probably show sensors too? I'd give 6th sense the same minimap vision beast commander has, since currently beast is very frustrating to play if the com doesn't mark. Humans can solve this problem with sensors, but the only way for beast to know there's a lego at lair killing tech is if the com announces it. This urges people to stack against beast commanders without perfect marking.
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:37:37 pm »

I use sixth sense quite frequenctly, but thats maybe because I find it hard to get kills again other vets sometimes  Tongue

I know this thread isnt suited for discussion, but since some of you allready have mentioned your opinion on the sixth sense suggestion by Trigardong, I would like to mention my opinion on it.

First of all, I agree beasts need some sort of vision-thing, which makes enemies appear on minimap. Secondly, making it detect sensors sounds reasonable - there is simply no way for a beast player to kill the sensors atm if the beast comm dont mark them. Alternatively, or additionally, it could be made to spot landsmines/ aswell, within a radius.

Considering this is a fine suggestion overall (except the wallhack thing and the show-hp-of-siege-part), I wouldnt mind to see it implemented.

But, I would rather change the 6th sense in another way - simply making it show how much gold an enemy will drop if killed (if you mouseover an enemy). Simple as that. The reason? Beasts units dont have any items which help their economy at all, in contradiction to the humans reloc (which save humans ALOT of gold, if used properly). I believe this can make 6th sense mandatory and among the most common used items if implemented in such a way.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 06:08:05 pm »

But, I would rather change the 6th sense in another way - simply making it show how much gold an enemy will drop if killed (if you mouseover an enemy).
But the amount is always the same, with a 1 in 5 chance per goodie to spawn as ammo (the game determines this at drop, not before).
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:37:12 pm »

But, I would rather change the 6th sense in another way - simply making it show how much gold an enemy will drop if killed (if you mouseover an enemy).
But the amount is always the same, with a 1 in 5 chance per goodie to spawn as ammo (the game determines this at drop, not before).

Well, i suggested in another post, somewhere deep in these forums, to add realistic gold-drops for units, based on item-slots used + unit.  I supposed I should have mentioned that in the first reply  Smiley

Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:18:10 pm »

I am very happy to see a discussion on 6h Sense as its IMO one of the most underused items ingame. In fact, it was just very recently that I spoke with Trig about it - before I was certain that it does nothing besides HP regeneration.

Adding enemies to the minimap (3) would give a slight tactical boost to beasts - great idea, also with regard to KingKong's remarks of inexperienced commanders! Also a health bar (4) could add an interesting spin, as it promotes not only "farming" but also more sophisticated team play.

However, I am not a fan of the other suggestions, mainly due to balancing reasons. Showing sensors (2) would weaken humans instead of adding something to beasts. Further, as vet, that wall-sight (1) is something I really wouldn't like to see; but if, then also for humans (does that JmZ thing means that its already ingame? You fucking vaginas great chief masters!!!). Lastly, with regard to the gold drop, its okay as long as we can disable it in the options menu. After all, most of us don't kill by far enough enemies to give this any significant FTW advantage over killing NPCs.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:06:38 pm by Marbello » Logged

More meaning!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: