Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 10:45:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188623 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17943 Members
Latest Member: Yustus123321
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Instagib server
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instagib server  (Read 3927 times)
drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2017, 02:03:29 pm »

Instagib server (mode) description *

General information:
  • This mod has no commanders. To start the game you must be ready (F3 is by default). Game starts when 50% are ready, minimum 2 players.
  • Mod supports maps with 2 teams: Red(t1) and Blue(t2). Both races are 'human'.
  • Round has a time limit (10 min) and a dynamic frag limit (current is 30). Every one active player makes +5 to the current frag limit.
  • Stronghold has another (custom) model.
  • Winner is a team that first reaches a frag limit of the round
  • Winner is a team that has more frags by the end of the round time limit
  • Draw is possible if both teams have the same amount of the frags by the end of the time limit
  • Chat command '!help' is available

Physics/Mechanics:
  • Increased player speed
  • Leap is on.
  • You gain stamina from every kill / npc kill. Also with a coil.
  • Sprint speed is off (p_sprintSpeed 1). Speed is constant.
  • Increased coil damage. New damage is enough for a 'one-shot-kill' (500)
  • Every instagib map has flags(invisible) that's are used as the coordinates where a player will be revived and teleported after his death in one second (every time server picks random flag). Players have no need to return into the loadout screen after the death. If a player makes himself get back into the loadout screen he will have 20 sec. respawn time.

Items:
  • Player gets an item for every next N frags
  • Everybody has beast_tracking_sense by default (goes into the 3rd slot)
  • 3 frags for a sensor (goes into the 4th slot)
  • 1 frag for a reloc. (goes into the 5th slot)
  • If a player has enough frags for a new item but item's slot is not empty (unused item) - no new item will be given.
  • Items disappear on death. Was made to fix gui bug with invisible items.

Statistics:
  • Server saves/updates stats every round
  • Stats are bound to player's UID and are being saved only for players that have UID. Unauthorized clients are ignored.
  • Available stats commands (through the chat):
    - !info (General information about your current UID)
    - !info <part-of-the-nick> (General info about the first found player that matches your request. Example: !info xr_pla - finds XR_Player)
    - !last (Information about your stats from the last round)
    - !last <part-of-the-nick> (Last info about the first found player that matches your request. Example !last utt - finds Uttar)
    - !top (Shows Top5 players for each award: Aimbots, Sadists, MVPs, Survivors, Trigs, Phoes)
  • End-game statitics awards:
    - Aimbot (Highest accuracy)
    - MVP (Most Valuable Player: most kills - deaths)
    - Sadist (Most kills)
    - Survivor (Most kills in a row)
    - Phoe (Most NPC kills)
    - 2-Fast (Whose frag was first)
    - Last Hope (Whose frag was last and made his team win)
    - Trigardon's best buddy (Most deaths)
    - Camper (No deaths)
    - Minute Man (Highest frags per minute)
    - Bunny (Most jumps)

Server information:
    - This hardware needs testing with a load. At this moment system+db+stats+xr_server + 1-2players consume around ~5% cpu and ~400mb ram. I hope it should be enough. I worry that current VPS has 1 core when my code has threads/requests/timeouts.

* Notes:
This is not a standalone mod. It depends too much from the server files.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:49:24 am by drk » Logged

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:48:50 pm »

Edited:

Current map cycle:

ig_omo_tehe_dero2
ig_circlewar
ig_instagib2
ig_mini2

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:01:20 pm by drk » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:12:22 pm »

Usually maps were using prefixes (ts_, xr_, samurai_). You maverick!

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 02:29:39 pm »

I would recommend prefixing them, so you technically could be a mod within a server.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 02:30:36 pm »

ts_, xr_, samurai_
That prefix (xr_) means that xr maps can run own xr stuff. That's why I left it.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 02:35:11 pm »

That's not true. You can name your map however you want, XR stuff will or will not be used anyway!

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 02:35:59 pm »

That's not true. You can name your map however you want, XR stuff will or will not be used anyway!
Then I'll rename them if it's right  Buck

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:42 am »

While it's not available (clients still did not receive the files) I've reworked a server a bit: added 'dynamic frag limit'.
It means that by default the server has fragLimit = 30. For every next active client this value is being increased by the 'fragLimitRaise' value. It's 5 now. It means that for example 1 vs 1 game will have 30 + 5 + 5 = 40 frag limit.
If a client becomes inactive fragLimit does not decrease.
Also there is an option now (for me) to disable this and use 'constantFragLimit'.
We'll see how it goes. Anyway I hope that it should be better than a constant frag limit.

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 07:25:47 am »

Clients got an update  Afro
It would still be better to test it one more time before it's open.
Need 3-5 people to help me to test it this evening.

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 06:48:07 pm »

There are small bugs in the gui near the hp bar, its will be fixed in the next update.
Removed password from the server. It's open now.

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »

Leap is on now. Stamina drain is also on after a kill/npc. Imo it's much better, faster and more fun now. Will review some of the maps soon too.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 01:08:02 pm »

Suddenly you like it! Pff! Sad

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 01:52:25 pm »

Removed big maps and maps with hills (leap was bad there).
Added new (small maps) and modified them a bit.

Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 03:51:06 pm »

I love it Smiley Great to play when there's only a few people online. Just a few suggestion I have to offer:

1) I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am not a big fan of mist being in the mod. I just prefer it being a movement/accuracy based mod rather than searching for a player using mist.

2) Would be great if you could get an instagib category in the mapping section (Normal Savage/Duels/Samurai/Instagib) Not sure who works on this site, however this would tidy up the mapping section and provide a more sufficient way of viewing the maps that the mod has.

3) You need to determine which maps you're going to use and then change the overhead for them. You've created new paths and closed some parts of the map off (which is understandable, and provides better gameplay) but have not changed the overhead.

As I said, really funny mod and I see it being played more than any other  Angel gj
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:53:23 pm by Necrophiliac » Logged

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 05:19:48 pm »

First of all I think that I need to change some of the items: for example reloc from 5 kills to 2. To make those values lower.
1) I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am not a big fan of mist being in the mod. I just prefer it being a movement/accuracy based mod rather than searching for a player using mist.
From the beginning I selected those items that would not effect the game a lot. As I could see the mist is a bit op in the current situation. We can try to remove it/make it more visible.
Also there was an idea to make items random. Like every X frags you get random from Y items.
And what' abouth the 5th sense? It also could be useful. But to make it dissapper on death.
2) Would be great if you could get an instagib category in the mapping section (Normal Savage/Duels/Samurai/Instagib) Not sure who works on this site, however this would tidy up the mapping section and provide a more sufficient way of viewing the maps that the mod has.
The situation with maps is that I made my own map storage that lets you download the maps from it (it's here: http://94.177.253.129:8586/world)
I don't use newerth's map db. And atm there are no ig_ maps there.
3) You need to determine which maps you're going to use and then change the overhead for them. You've created new paths and closed some parts of the map off (which is understandable, and provides better gameplay) but have not changed the overhead.
Since I'm noob in the editing image files I don't touch the overheads. I leave the defaults.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: