Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 03:52:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188540 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!  (Read 13601 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2017, 05:10:10 am »

Hello fellow Newerthians and Savages.

It has come to my attention that Savage XR, despite its age and external competition, is still alive.
Seriously, why? Grin
Even Savage Resurrection, from S2Games themselves, turned out to be nothing more than a fad.
A considerable amount of players, old and new, are still greatly invested in the infamous Battle for Newerth.
What better way to celebrate said undying spirit than with a long-overdue big patch?

It has certainly been quite a while since the stagnant gears of XR development were oiled into action, so what now?
While the Newerth Devs and Council have their own share of wishes and ideas upcoming for the patch behind closed doors, this time around I'd also like to take this patch's planning phase straight to the dedicated community itself.
Daemon has been paying attention over these last months, creating a long list of any requests he came across, but he can't always be around and the forum archives are too vast for me to shift through endlessly in my free time (you know, instead of actually make the patch).

So if you have a suggestion, wish, or even just an idea, please speak up and let your voice be heard.
Be it a fix, improvement, adjustment, addition, rebalance, removal, reconsideration, or anything else one might think of, feel free to share it with me.
You don't have a request of your own? No problem; dig up someone else's forgotten ideas or tell a friend to drop by instead.

Have no fear, just because someone requests something doesn't immediately mean every troll or bad idea is going to make it into the final revision before patch day (e.g. Kenway and Natsu, to name a few). I still very much reserve the right to reject requests I deem unsuitable (e.g. changing the melee system or gamebreaking rebalancing), but I hope to add as many wishes as feasible.
Trolls and troublemakers will be ignored; continued intentional disturbances will even be banned.
I will not permit said disturbances to distract from serious posts, requests, and discussions.

And for anyone concerned about my return, rest assured as it's just a temporary period to create and oversee XR 1.3. Smiley

PS: Daemon is in the market for another wave of adding Custom Clan Items as well, so if you wish to have them uploaded in this patch, please start working on them and submit them as soon as possible.

There is no set nor known deadline, so you have as long as until 1.3 is done. Huh
Alright, that is all! Back to the dark, damp, lonely coding dungeon I go.
SOMA

If you can't convince them, confuse them!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:40:09 pm »

awesome, this is one of best news in 2017  Smitten 
i don't know if this can give you some ideas or not  Undecided
- if i can say, is it possible to make some changes in units human/beast? like some new color/style instead of existing one ?
- what about another style for level upgrade? ex: if units get level 10 maybe they can get special weapon or some other style O-o.
- can you make something for workers ? i think they're ignored enough Cheesy
- what about making Items Store?

All the Best

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 04:13:37 pm »

- if i can say, is it possible to make some changes in units human/beast? like some new color/style instead of existing one ?
Yes, it's possible, but are you asking us to replace the current team colors for different ones?

- what about another style for level upgrade? ex: if units get level 10 maybe they can get special weapon or some other style O-o.
Yes, also possible. We can certainly fancify or diversify the level ups some more. But how would you players like it?

- can you make something for workers ? i think they're ignored enough Cheesy
I might need a little more than "do something with workers, please".... Grin

Can you elaborate?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:22:02 pm »

Can you elaborate?

NO. You would need items, and except for weapons and shields, the rest range between hard and impossible to attach. And if it's all just cosmetic and free of charge, there's nobody available to make dozens of them worth a few thousand euros of time. And if it's for money, it will hurt our chances to get XR on steam.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:28:02 pm by Daemon » Logged

SOMA

If you can't convince them, confuse them!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »

Can you elaborate?

NO. You would need items, and except for weapons and shields, the rest range between hard and impossible to attach. And if it's all just cosmetic and free of charge, there's nobody available to make dozens of them worth a few thousand euros of time. And if it's for money, it will hurt our chances to get XR on steam.

if you make items store which is allow players to go and select a unique weapon or shield/helmet for human, and some other cool design for human/beasts ofc it will NOT be free of charge, u can make many design with different cost, you can allow ppl to communicate with a designers to request a special item with totally different cost if they want special design for them. maybe i want special behe tree weapon!! or maybe cool helmet for shaman "only for my account"..etc.
if it possible to have something like wallet that i can save all my items and switch whatever i like under my account.
by the time and if this succeeded, we can expect new offers from u with less quantity/period/price

if it passed we can expect a some cool option form you, (axe/sword) (Axe/Shield) (sword/shield) (Sword/Helmet/shield) etc... 
this can be provide as an option to whoever want to create a new clan.. and i can expect more cost for clan items as it will be applied for many players inside the clan as well as if they want special design
i hope you can agree with this  Cry

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 06:11:29 pm »

Soma, what if you forget your account's password and you bought items attached to that account. There is no automatic password retrieval system via email. And as we have seen, there is noone in the staff willing to go through the trouble retrieving passwords.

Also a valid point:
And if it's for money, it will hurt our chances to get XR on steam.

I think it's already cool if custom item clans such as XR1.0 are accessible to all players. http://www.newerth.com/?id=stats&action=view_clan&uid=84658&pp=search_clan&pk=xr

Maybe Daemon will make XR 1.3 custom item clan?  Rolleyes
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:16:25 pm by Nanaa » Logged
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 06:14:03 pm »

Does all suggestions need to be dropped in here? It would be a mess in no-time... why not use the suggestion forum (The one daemon created quite some time back)?

In case youre gonna use that part of the section- a friendly advice is to link to it in the initial post hakugei

Aside from that, i look forward to spam you guys with my suggestions, and ignorant arguefor why whatever suggestion it is, is awesome and correct regardless of what other people think  Tongue

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »

Does all suggestions need to be dropped in here? It would be a mess in no-time... why not use the suggestion forum (The one daemon created quite some time back)?
I'll regularily be checking this thread and collecting the suggestions; it won't get too big of a mess.
I'll also accept PMs, Skype messages, and forwards from other Devs you prefer talking to instead of me.
It doesn't have to be here, but this keeps it all nicely together.
Do you mean the Re-balancing Suggestions section?
That's strictly for balance related suggestions. Smiley Bugfixes, improvements, and anything not strictly balance wouldn't fit there.
For balance suggestions feel free to post over there, too, though.
KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 08:40:25 pm »

Small and objectively good change:

Make t3 and t4 colors more extreme, so one could tell enemy from ally at a glance

Big and Controversial change:

Make Sacrifice research require Lair level 2. The most op tactic gets nerfed, games last longer, better game to warmup ratio, Savage survives for one more year.

e:

none game related change. Delete the vast majority of sub forums here. Having too many forums both makes the forum more dead and makes it look more dead than it is.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:25:07 pm by KingKong_ » Logged
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 09:30:15 pm »

Make t3 and t4 colors more extreme, so one could tell enemy from ally at a glance

I believe there was a patch from some S2 developer giving the second human team a different skin color (black). I liked it.

Edit:
http://www.newerth.com/?id=downloads&op=displayDownload&category=10&file=savage5.s2z
There it is. It would solve the problem for humans.

Bug:
After relocating you get stuck in between weapons. You cant block/swing until you switched forth and back to another weapon/item.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:53:57 pm by Ale » Logged
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 10:23:03 pm »

I believe there was a patch from some S2 developer giving the second human team a different skin color (black). I liked it.

Edit:
http://www.newerth.com/?id=downloads&op=displayDownload&category=10&file=savage5.s2z
There it is. It would solve the problem for humans.

Bug:
After relocating you get stuck in between weapons. You cant block/swing until you switched forth and back to another weapon/item.

You should be easily able to make this XR-compatible and add it.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 10:25:12 pm »

Needs normalmaps and glossmaps AT LEAST. Plus it needs beasts' skins too. It's a valid request tho. At the very least i can make T3/T4 skins brighter or using saturated green or some shit.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 10:45:27 pm »

- Anti camping solution
- Fix clan icon ingame on stats - it was FOX earlier now it's VtX icon.
- Fix the auth problem some guys are having
- Implement GUI element which shows resources carrying (gold and redstone - like in sav rez)
- Fix levelup tooltips to be more accurate
- Fix bugged shuffle vote crashing servers (or whatever vote it exactly was)
- Make connect to chat in the serverlist optional (or add an options whether you want to auto join or not)
- Implement 'Report a player' function - makes it easier for referees and server administrators
- Find an effective way for the mute / kick votes and referee commands.
- Disallow mutiple client
- Fix human_fluxgun (still drains stamina or doesn't let stamina recover) <- just too op for a level 2 weapon.

just few things.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 10:50:21 pm »

- Anti camping solution
- Implement GUI element which shows resources carrying (gold and redstone - like in sav rez)
- Make connect to chat in the serverlist optional (or add an options whether you want to auto join or not)
- Implement 'Report a player' function - makes it easier for referees and server administrators
- Fix human_fluxgun (still drains stamina or doesn't let stamina recover) <- just too op for a level 2 weapon.

just few things.

Some could be done, some can't, some are too vague, while gameplay changes should be discussed in Rebalancing Section. Game-changing ones aren't gonna fly with the admins' group ultimately voting for the changes, tho.

They're all too vague, actually Smiley.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 02:06:29 am »

Sounds feasible and worthwhile, Daemon will get right on that.

Make Sacrifice research require Lair level 2. The most op tactic gets nerfed, games last longer, better game to warmup ratio, Savage survives for one more year.
Such a big balance change is a tad bit out of my paygrade.
This would have to be posted in the rebalancing section and be discussed thoroughly.
(Implementing the change itself is quick and simple, though.)

Always or under certain cases?
Consistently or seemingly random?

- Anti camping solution
Like what?

Could you elaborate please?

Makes sense, I'll check it out.

I might need more information than "or whatever it was". Huh

Are you talking about the shoutbox-esque chat?

As I've stated many times before, fluxgun doesn't have a stamina drain.
In fact, no weapon has stamina drain.
And all weapons have stamina regen disable, not just flux. Sad
This may need a lot more backing to push through, as it's not just a minor thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: