Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2018, 11:40:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189105 Posts in 10953 Topics by 18014 Members
Latest Member: Edson Maes
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Why??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why??  (Read 923 times)
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2016, 12:54:58 am »

Why cant i host game and test my map?? it loads Eden2, Eden2 and Eden2 only within host game (always tested this way before but cannot do it now)

Thanks in advance

Amy
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 04:29:59 am »

you have to load it using " /devworld mapname  " in chat or your map file is lost forever unless you saved it twice under some other name
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:31:39 am »

Since XR was released, there's a automatic map update system that makes sure everyone is using the same map version as the server, as opposed to having to manually download the latest version. "World" command is for playing maps uploaded on newerth.com. "Devworld" is for developing/testing local maps that bypass the version checks and automatic update.

Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 12:55:55 pm »

thats why i never built a map in XR but in a sep version.

Thank you as now done and tested but next issue is that i cannot upload it?? keeps telling me names do not match

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 01:43:01 pm »

There are literally hundreds of new props in XR (500+over 100 in latest patches). There's an improved Editor interface too, with scripting and trigger capabilities, grouping and duplicating props, invisible projectile blockers as well as other features. There's no reason to use the SEP editor over the XR editor, since you need to test your maps with XR either way.

Just use:
devworld map
or
world map 0

0 disables remote checking.

New 3D Assets

• Around 500 new props are available for mappers to design incredibly versatile maps:
  • 7 new themed buildings sets with more than 70 models: aztec city, arabic houses, wooden cottages, plaster huts, stone village, Japanese buildings and wild-west structures.
  • 60 new or re-designed trees which embellish both new and old maps.
  • 20 ruins models and weathered structures.
  • 70 modular props: planks, beams, walls, fences, doors, than can be used to create unique structures.
  • 40 decals which can be used against straight surfaces: blood stains, claw marks, poison ivy, spider webs, shadow decals, cracks, moss, dirt etc.
  • 100 various inter-connectable 'lego' blocks, in 2 lighting flavors, which can be connected and stacked to create amazingly varied dungeons or castles.
  • 3 connecting catwalks systems with ramps, bridges, passages, corners, in more than 30 objects.
  • 20 unique props like statues, boats, furniture, monolithic stones; 20 new doors, gates and windows.
  • Dozens of high-quality new terrain textures, with normal maps and grass.

Revamped Editor

• Besides the added support for particle effects, triggers and world objects, it now features a new interface skin and an object browser that makes finding objects really easy.
  • New functions to ease the creation of maps have been introduced: object grouping, duplicating and snapping is now possible. The new object attributes window allows manual input for minute adjustments of size, location, rotation.
  • The total objects count was raised to 1024, and new ways to tweak the maps are available, like a small 2K redstone mine or invisible blockers preventing abuse and exploits.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: