Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2018, 04:02:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189328 Posts in 10968 Topics by 18116 Members
Latest Member: Davidikoss
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Beast melee practice map
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beast melee practice map  (Read 597 times)
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »

So I initially got this idea for Savage Resurrection as a practice map for practicing beast melee, and no- not duels.

. Its solely based on timing your swings, hits and leaps against different positioned targets.

So what I imagine is this:

- A map, with lava or some other nasty thing you die if you fall down in
- There is platforms around the map, which is safe to land on after a leap
- Between the platforms you land on, there is targets (nomads, npc's, legionaires, savages , siege units etc.), standing on their own, small platforms.
- Each of these targets can have obstacles which hits (swings) doesnt go trough, infront of them, behind them, on the sides etc.
- This means you will have to time your swing good to get in hits, and time your leap aswell.
- On some platforms you land on there can be spawn flags, such that the map get harder to get trough the further you get, but they serve as checkpoints for respawning.
- Additionally, but not nescesarry (but more fun) : Timer. Each missed hit = +5 seconds. There can be a finish line at the end of the map, and each death = + 10 seconds Your best time gets stored and you can fight to get the best time between you and your friends, and compare stats.

I think this will be a great addition to learn beast melee fighitng for new players, learning to time and controll their swings, and the best part is that this mode uses no new features, just simple usage of features allready in the game (with one exception maybe: obstacles that hits doesnt go trough).

What do you think (besides the "duels is better"). I imagine this for the newest of the newest players, sort of like a practice mode in singleplayer.

Edit: would of course need some skilled mapmakers to make this.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: