Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2018, 11:49:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189177 Posts in 10957 Topics by 18038 Members
Latest Member: frahilposki
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Savage Resurrection
| | |-+  Gameplay
| | | |-+  My opinion on Savage Resurrection. [Full Release]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My opinion on Savage Resurrection. [Full Release]  (Read 10051 times)
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:56:56 pm »

So, this game is finally out and I can't help but have mixed opinions on it. It has a massive learning curve which is what most veteran players loved about the first game (let that be a warning to any new players). However, when comparing to Savage XR it is lacking some major features which made the first game so successful. I believe this game should of waited on the full release and stayed a little longer in early access to polish up the game.

Pros
-Faithful remake of the first savage game.
-Very nice graphics.
-AI commanders which allows games to start and for new players to get a feel of the game.
-Updated almost daily.
-Great development team who listen to community.
-Love the character customisation.
-Massive potential.
-Reasonable price.
-No self buffs.
-The little tune that plays when you close savage.

Cons
-NO MAP EDITOR!!! This was so vital in the survival of XR and to not see it in this resurrection is absolutely gutting.
-No clan system.
-Melee system needs improving, especially when it comes to blocking.
-Lego is absolutely terrible. I went from only playing human to only playing beast due to how bad it is compared to pred.
-Many players experiencing low fps after the first 5 minutes of each game. Gets especially low when the server is full.
-There are currently only five maps which gets boring very quickly.
-The voting system needs major improving still. There is no kick, shuffle, draw votes and most players don't even participate in the vote. Votes need to be displayed on the game screen
-No mini-map drawing.
-Stats are very basic and would like to see it built upon.
-Needs varied Servers (Duels, Server Size, Locations)
-Fix multiple bugs. (Repeater losing sound when firing, reloc not working, infinite loading between game, and more)

Hopefully more will be added  Cry Cry Cry

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:31:42 pm by Necrophiliac » Logged

Fenrir
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:39 pm »

I would agree with everything Nerco has said. Especially the tune when closing   Afro
I feel the game has alot of potential and they are listening to the community and acting upon this with updates.
My computer is struggling greatly with this game but I have seen a slight improvement with updates.
-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:49:25 pm »

no clan tags (specifically 80227)

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:09 am »

there is clan tags,

i'm finding 32 player servers perfectly fine performance wise, nothing under 50fps on anything, and they are still optimizing.

Ping not sure about but i've had no issues.

More maps will come im sure, regarding workers not mining stone, never en counted this problem, and in fact they have patched in tonight a minimum distance the gar has to be from a mine so workers cant get stuck.

little gold is always been an s2 thing on all their maps and i agree i wish they would slightly more gold. but XP is fine, i've always hated how much XP u get in pub games. but there is casual and competitive settings, so they can change things to be different eventually.

Mini map drawing is on the list of things to do eventually. so is the Com Vote and a newb not being able to steal a com when you resign. Impeach is already in the game, its just a continous thing rather than a 30 sec vote. tab and pgup for impeach or pgdwn to keep.

lego does need improving.

overall your do have som,e valid cons, but from what i have witnessed since release. most of them will be fixed eventually.

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:39:23 am »

You forgot to mention the ugly behe model. Looks like a giant Gremlin on crack. Also the beast lair looks like a giant blocks covered in sludge. Although the graphics have improved, the models are not Savage anymore. Especially beasts look more like daemonic/undead creatures when they are supposed to be naturally evolved beings. I don't want another Nosgoth, I want Savage.
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 07:13:02 pm »

What I miss so far is some proper clan management, I assume that this will be included in a competitive patch update Smiley

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »

Updated. Unfortunately not many things added since early access  Sad Guess we shall wait and see what happens.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: