Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 04:06:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188624 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17944 Members
Latest Member: Dawnbringer
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Selfubffing on Server (G&G or GK)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Selfubffing on Server (G&G or GK)  (Read 4590 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 10:24:12 pm »

I don't think it's about who uses the buffs, but about what purpose they are used for.

Maybe for you. It's about FUN for others.

it's just not FUN to have a buff used against you in a 1v1.
[...]
Fighting vs buffs all the time is simply not FUN, and FUN is why we play this in the first place.

#Jazzking: actually, you are looking at it quite subjectively. One man's annoyance is another man's fun with buffs. Its may not be fun to be on the receiving end but it's probably fun to be the one elec'ing.

If you bring FUN as an argument, don't forget there's always 2 sides to that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:26:54 pm by Daemon » Logged

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 10:53:07 pm »

yay let's get personal again
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:50 am »

Buffs are terrible, end of. I simply never touch beast because the human buffs are so over-powered. Daemon just protecting his eon buddies who use a buff for every kill
 Angel Smitten

For the topic itself, in my opinion it is a bad idea. There is already an option in game and if someone is trolling then you simply make it officer only. Would love to see a buff counter in match though.

Fight me daemon   Sacrifice
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:41:21 am by Necrophiliac » Logged

^.#Tasty
Doomed Noob
Clan Representative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 08:11:07 am »

Sorry Daemon, but i cant agree with your Point.

This game should be fun, but if you get elecs all the time in your face (espically in 1on1) it takes the fun.
You need the buffs to win the game, not to get kills, if everyone would do this, we would have only draws and no commander.

Buffs wasting on 1vs1 is kinda abuse of them cause it doesnt really help your Team to win!

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:29 am »

This game should be fun, but if you get elecs all the time in your face (espically in 1on1) it takes the fun.

[...]

Buffs wasting on 1vs1 is kinda abuse of them cause it doesnt really help your Team to win!

You're mixing them up again. So what is the problem?

The fact that it's not fun getting elec'ed 1 on 1?

Or the fact that buffs are getting wasted?

===========

And you're ignoring my warnings: If you use FUN as an argument, remember that there's 2 sides to that story: the FUN of those getting killed with buffs and the fun of those using the buffs. If it's about teams and wining the game, then personal pleasure is secondary.

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 11:01:08 am »

The problem is the lack of fun you experience when you get killed by a lame 1on1 buff or the frustration when finally reaching the enemy base but the buffs you need to make things happen are gone. Both can be tracked down to the same cause: Buffwasting ego players.

Yes you are right, what might be frustrating for one person could be fun for the other. But the same would hold for exploit: I bet Cpt.Cuntway had tons of fun destroying zillions of matches with his fucked up behaviour. Still it was not ok and led to some consequences, didn't it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:07:20 am by Ale » Logged
^.#Tasty
Doomed Noob
Clan Representative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 01:18:00 pm »

Thanks Ale!

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »

I don't actually see any reason why the fun aspect and the team aspect would be mutually exclusive. Some care about one, some care about the other, some care about both. As for the person trolling or taking revenge with a 1v1 elec having fun, the same argument applies to pretty much everything that is forbidden or frowned upon, so I don't think it's a very good argument. You could look at it from an utilitarian point of view. Does trolling with elecs add more fun than the alternative of using them intelligently? I'd argue that the first has a net negative effect on overall player enjoyment, while the latter is a net positive. It's not only about gameplay mind you, buffs are a tool used to instigate and continue flame wars. Which is already too big a problem in Savage.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:23:30 pm by KingKong_ » Logged
^.#Tasty
Doomed Noob
Clan Representative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 01:52:10 pm »

if you guy buffs against 4 other Player at different times, he has a lot of fun and 4 Players are fucked up. NOT WORTH!

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 01:53:44 pm »

Does trolling with elecs add more fun than the alternative of using them intelligently?

Then this is a problem of education and not server settings. But even considering elecs did not even exist and this would not be an issue, how do you solve this?

[...]flame wars. Which is already too big a problem in Savage.

This is not something you can fix by simply changing HOW BUFFS ARE HANDLED. Fix flaming, then you're a step closer to educating players to use buffs properly. Ban buffs, and you're just going to end up with some other way which flamers vent frustrations.

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 02:20:39 pm »

Getting people to stop wanting to misbehave on the Internet is a bit beyond me. At most I can come up with ideas that make it less appealing, or reduce the impact of said misbehaving. I guess the purpose of pointing out the flaming aspect of buffing was simply to try give you a clearer picture of what I'm talking about when I talk about bad buffing.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »

And i agree with you. Spite/revenge/troll self-buffs suck. IMHO, self-buffing should be impossible. But if i were to remove that option, i'd be knee deep in hate mail from people that "only want to use buffs in team-oriented, justified, legit situations, like comms too slow, opportunities arising" etc. I suspect that most players are both users and victims of said bad buffs but in my 10 years of experience with Savage and Newerth i've seen, time and time again, how the villains always use hero arguments to get their sneaky points across, because nothing, and i mean nothing, is 100% black or white.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »

I don't think it's about who uses the buffs, but about what purpose they are used for.

Maybe for you. It's about FUN for others.

it's just not FUN to have a buff used against you in a 1v1.
[...]
Fighting vs buffs all the time is simply not FUN, and FUN is why we play this in the first place.

#Jazzking: actually, you are looking at it quite subjectively. One man's annoyance is another man's fun with buffs. Its may not be fun to be on the receiving end but it's probably fun to be the one elec'ing.

If you bring FUN as an argument, don't forget there's always 2 sides to that.

I had so much fun with relocater and medbinds... I had ALOT of FUN with it. And XR developers removed that opportunity and nobody asked me.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »

Because it wasn't something intended to be available to everyone playing the stock game. And you can thank me for not allowing Clemens to remove buffs altogether, in a feat of madness! Tongue

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 07:48:24 pm »

Because it wasn't something intended to be available to everyone playing the stock game. And you can thank me for not allowing Clemens to remove buffs altogether, in a feat of madness! Tongue

Everybody had the script, so instead of implementing it you removed it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: