Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 01:58:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188623 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17943 Members
Latest Member: Yustus123321
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Keyboard unresponsive - only in savage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keyboard unresponsive - only in savage  (Read 1665 times)
Sorel
Clan Representative

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:00:03 pm »

Hey there,

I've been having a problem in savage lately (last 2-3 weeks?) where my keyboard is often very unresponsive. Particularly the number keys (weapons) and some of the keys I use for chat (t, u). Sometimes everything works normally, but every minute or so I'll be hammering away at a key and nothing will happen. The delay can be anything from 1-10 seconds.

However, (here's the odd part) as far as I can tell this is not a problem with the keyboard itself but a problem I'm having specifically in savage XR. I have no similar problems in any other program that I've tried running. Given the frequency of the issue in savage, I can't imagine this problem not coming up in general use or in any of my tests if it was a problem with the computer/keyboard.

Any advice on what I could do to help resolve this would be really appreciated.
kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:27:38 pm »

Have same problems .. Example : Try to use meds/reloc and what happens?? HIT HIT HIT ... And for beast .. Have mouse bug ... Anytimes cant change mouse direction ... Mouse and keyboard are 100% goods , it is from savage not from my computer .. I will follow this topic to can resolve this problems.. Ty

just ask..
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:34:06 pm »

I'm no debugging expert, but have your driver updated lately? In case, maybe try downgrade to last driver? YOu can try vice-versa also, upgradring yur drivers for the mouse/keyboard. Or, maybe you upgraded to windows 10 ? I cant imagine windows 10 is a free OS update, without bugs for savage included.

Does the problem also to using the mousewheel to switch items? If not, and if it's no known fix, maybe you will need to adapt using the mousewheel to switch items. (Dont worry, i never use the numbers, allways the mousewheel, it's possible to learn).

Just my 5 cents.

Sorel
Clan Representative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:32 am »

Thanks Bullet. To clarify - none of my mouse/keyboard drivers have been updated in a long time, and the drivers that I do have are the most up to date versions. I'm still running windows 8.1.

The mousewheel does still work, and it's what I've been using. But TBH I think it's quite a large handicap. It's much less fluid and precise (partly practice but partly a limitation of the controls IMO) and I have no desire to use to use it as anything but a stop-gap measure.

--------------

As an aside, I haven't seen you in game in a really long time. You should come back and play if you can  Smiley
Sorel
Clan Representative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »

Ok this is now resolved.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »

How?

Sorel
Clan Representative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 10:41:09 pm »

Oh, sorry. I was being a complete idiot. It's not an issue with the client.

My keyboard was just slowly breaking. I tested it in other programs over a few days and there were no issues so I thought it was fine, but it turns out I was breaking it by playing savage, because I hammer on the keys like a madman. Embarrassed For ages it seemed like a problem with the program until I finally completely busted it.

Anyway, sorry for the false report. I'll just have to use feathery strokes in the future. Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: