Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:50:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188529 Posts in 10877 Topics by 17915 Members
Latest Member: nguyenphat
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Groentjuh's & Girls server
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Groentjuh's & Girls server  (Read 1217 times)
Grasshopper

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2015, 12:47:57 am »

What happened to the Groentjuh's & Girls server?

It's gone from being a decent server to a pile of crap almost over night.
  • Why have spawn times been drastically increased? There is nothing more fun than just having to wait and watch while your entire base is being laid to waste.
  • Why can commanders no longer "Concede" when their base is being overrun, their team has no chance to win, and the other team continues to just farm and camp?
  • Why have pings (server response time) increased drastically? My Ping normally stays around 93 to 103, connecting from East Coast of the US. Now the lowest ping I can seem to get is 189-190. A players Ping makes a huge difference in this game.

*So I just went back and took a look, I'm actually getting a ping of around 172 for the "Server Tokyo JP" (Most likely hosted somewhere in Japan). And a Ping of 191 for the Groentjuh's & Girls server (likely hosted somewhere in Europe), if that makes any sense.

If its a matter of money for a better quality server, let me know and maybe I will be able to help out. But as it stands these few changes which I have just mentioned run the risk of wiping out the few remaining players (who are still keeping the game alive), especially those who are connecting from outside of Europe.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:02:12 am by Grasshopper » Logged

Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:59:14 pm »

You are confusing "Groentjuh's Kingdom" (the server in UK, hosted by DJ and managed by Groentjuh) with "Groentjuh's & Girls" (the server in Germany). Nothing about G&G changed recently. GK has been offline for ~2 days AFAIK, that's why the games happen on G&G again. I have no idea what's up with GK. Groentjuh is aware about this since yesterday.

It is true that US players get better ping on GK, and that is one of the reasons why we usually play there. I played Savage from both east and west coasts this year, and my ping on GK is better than on G&G by roughly 20-25.

Regarding all the server settings, well... Those were clear community preferences just around 2 years ago. Nothing "wrong" with these settings per se, except that we only played on GK for the past 1 year so we are no longer used to other settings. (I always disagreed with having no concede vote for the first 25 minutes, but again, blame the community for the overwhelming support of such settings.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:02:52 pm by Gridfon » Logged
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 03:26:21 am »

Groentjuh's Kingdom has been restarted properly and should be functioning. G&G and GK are different servers and they still have different settings (some wish the good features of G&G came to GK and the other way around). I do not know why GK crashed in the manner it did, but I suspect a shuffle vote causing an endless loop.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 03:19:57 pm »

Thanks for the update guys! Glad to see "Groentjuh's Kingdom" is back up and running!  Grin Yeah I was under the impression that Groentjuh's & Girls was the same server where everyone normally plays on.

It is crazy how just a few small changes can have such a big impact on a players overall experience.

Groent thanks for continuing to work hard to keep the servers up and running, as well as any other behind the scenes work which you do to support the Savage community which most of us have absolutely zero clue about, and probably just take for granted.
 Smitten

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:41:54 am »

Yep, great work groentjuh! Thanks again!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: