Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2017, 03:31:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188369 Posts in 10857 Topics by 17873 Members
Latest Member: milosz99
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Problem with rotating buildings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problem with rotating buildings  (Read 2257 times)
RooN

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »

Hello guys,

I have been having a problem with rotating buildings. For the first 5 or 10 minutes of commanding, I am able to rotate the buildings fully. But after that, whenever I attempt to rotate any building, it goes back to the original state. I don't know why this is happening. I hope you could offer me assistance or guidance.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:40:04 pm by RooN » Logged
RooN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:14:48 pm »

How much longer do I have to wait to get a reply?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:31:50 pm »

I don't think i've heard of this problem myself and certainly can't replicate it.

RooN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 08:19:44 pm »

What do I need to do to demonstrate the problem for you? On the battlefield, many players have seen that when I rotate the buildings, they go back to their original angle.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:23:11 pm by RooN » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 10:34:32 pm »

It is not a matter of believing it happened or not. It's likely to be a random bug which nobody else experienced (or reported) so far, which makes it hard to diagnose or fix.

RooN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

So what can I do about it?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:03:08 pm »

Did you try redefining your keys?
Reinstalling the game?
Updating your keyboard drivers?

RooN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 08:23:31 pm »

Boter told me that he had the same problem. It is because I am playing on Mac. Trigardon told me that it is because of lack of Savage mac developers. What can I do?? Please I need this problem to be fixed.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 08:33:12 pm »

If you would have mentioned your system specs in the original report i could have spared you the waiting for an answer Tongue. Unfortunately, Trigardon is correct. It's very unlikely this is fixable in the foreseeable future.

RooN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 08:42:30 pm »

I didn't mention it because I didn't think that only Mac users would be presented with this problem !! You said this won't be fixed in the foreseeable future. Seriously? So by Savage developers being inactive towards fixing it, they are excluding Mac users from playing this game? This is preposterous. I am really irritated by this kind of complacency by Savage developers.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 09:04:05 pm »

The newerth.com team always had problems with lacking mac developers. So no need to blame the existing devs. Be happy that they're there.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 09:50:24 pm »

I didn't mention it because I didn't think that only Mac users would be presented with this problem !! You said this won't be fixed in the foreseeable future. Seriously? So by Savage developers being inactive towards fixing it, they are excluding Mac users from playing this game? This is preposterous. I am really irritated by this kind of complacency by Savage developers.

Well, excluding Mac users from playing is a bit of an exaggeration. Comming, at most. Smiley

This is a fan-made project. Those that one may call devs are or were Savage players that decided to contribute by working in their free time. They saw something that needed fixing, they stepped forward. More often than not, even having to learn how it's done since the vast majority was not what you could call pro's. And that, while haters were raging.

Do i even need to mention the tens of thousands of bucks in deficit that server owners and advertisers spent out of their own pockets for a 100% free game, with no subscriptions, ads, in-app purchases, and even 0 donations (for the past 5 years or so)?

So, do you volunteer to learn how to fix mac issues? Smiley We certainly cannot do it without you! We don't even have any Macs! It's god's honest truth and there's no need to feel ashamed (devs) or irritated (you).

Thanks you!

RooN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 11:28:49 pm »

Well, first of all, I think it is sad to see only a few people play Savage compared to other online games, and yes the problem stems from a lack of promotions, advertising, and absence of many activities and actions that will make people know about the game. And Savage  needs first to attract enough players so it can charge for playing the game. But the game should first work properly for both Windows and Mac users before it can attract more people to play it.

I would learn how to fix Mac issues with Savage, yes. I would denote money to the game. I like Savage so much. It is a unique game, although the game doesn't help me very much in the battlefield due to the high ping, low fps, and some other mysterious reasons that enable other players to easily damage me and make it harder for me to damage other players in the battlefield.
I have been playing Savage I think since it was launched. I was 12 years old when I started playing it, now I am 20. But honestly, I see considerable inactivity and apathy, inertia on Savage players' part.  
APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

Well, first of all, I think it is sad to see only a few people play Savage compared to other online games

Savage was developed by (at that time) an indie studio 12 years ago. Of course player numbers dwindle because of time. Savage has done a lot better than some other games that are completely dead and I'm always surprised that I still see 50+ players online at times.

and yes the problem stems from a lack of promotions, advertising, and absence of many activities and actions that will make people know about the game.

Feel free to help out, we're always in need of more volunteers. There's a whole forum section dedicated to this.

And Savage  needs first to attract enough players so it can charge for playing the game.

Even if Savage would get a lot more activity we're not even allowed to charge for the game because S2 Games still owns the IP. The game has also been a paid product in the past but was released freeware and the source code given to the community. The community which is now in charge of updating and promoting the game on their free time.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: