Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 09:32:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188624 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17944 Members
Latest Member: Dawnbringer
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Development News
| | |-+  Savage's 12th Anniversary
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage's 12th Anniversary  (Read 16824 times)
SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 07:58:09 pm »

Just Mining Da Stone
Altair

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 09:17:03 am »

Hi there,

First of all good work and always fun to see Savage evolving. I have to admit I LOL'ed a bit when I read "the Savage community requested new content so we worked hard to realize... *drum roll* ... 40 new rocks!". But, anything new is exciting so let's hope some new rocks inspire the mapmakers to make some cool new maps.

Secondly I'd like to back up Jmz about the mine climbing problem. Several maps are altered completely now, or just very prone to exploiting. Isn't it possible to put an invisble wall straight over the longest part of the mine to prevent people from (accidently/willingly) walking over?

Third I have some bad news; my client aint working since this morning. Couple days ago after the first update everything was fine, then yesterday I believe I had to install another update and it also worked. This morning I tried to connect to Savage, had another update (this time 617.82 MB large). It took really really long to download and install and the result isn't working: click. Any idea if and how this can be fixed?  Huh
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 10:03:39 am »

Reinstall.

Nobody said "work hard" Smiley.

Go here for mine talks:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,18019.0.html

APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 10:54:13 am »

Neat.

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:13 pm »

I would like to say the autominer is modeled entirely by Daemon and I just made lauzy pictures

also nice additions with the hero workers!! makes it more worthwhile for comms to play long games that may drag on too long! LONG LIVE DISCO TREE
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:08:00 pm by Tjens » Logged

Rio D'Oro
Newerth Donator

NIGHTMARE Clan leader & MPUK stacker @_@

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy
BIG RESPECT AND THANKS TO ALL THE PPL WHO WORKED ON IT !
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 08:00:16 am »

I like these changes. Maybe calling evolution mod the beta mod would have made it easier to see its purpose. When I have more time I'll look into making some kind of economy-less map for small games where the comm is inexperienced and intended to play on the field.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 08:27:55 am »

It's called Evolution sandbox mod. Smiley

- The gameplay changes discussed in the Re-Balancing Suggestions forum are carefully analyzed and tweaked by a group of Newerth admins, and implemented in a sandbox-type mod, called "Evolution". Players will be able to load it at anytime and experience the new changes and then, community input is welcome before transplanting them to mainstream Savage servers.

-The full list of changes that were first implemented in the Evolution sandbox mod when XR 1.0 was launched, and now they made it to standard XR, can be found here.

I'd like to invite players to join a test game running Savage XR 1.0 Evolution sandbox mod, on Saturday evening. There are a few things we need to check before releasing 1.0 to further tweak the list of balance changes we've made.

The gameplay changes have already been added to the Evolution sandbox mod, or are being added as we speak, so they are ready when XR 1.0 is going to be released, very soon. After a period of testing, they'll be added to default mod. The complete list is as follows:

There are gameplay changes, already settled upon and implemented in the sandbox mod "Evolution", that might change a few things about how the games go. Although it will take some time and probably not all will make it to standard, there surely will be those that will.

good grief that's a lot of shit, nice work, I was beginning to get worried about 1.0.

Also what exactly is the sandbox evolution mod?

I found the explanation quite clear. I assume it is a modification to the standard mod to implement new features that change the original gameplay like the new siege units, new weapon damage, etc.

Golden Saint

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 12:43:35 am »

great stuff Daemon.

tho i'm slightly concerned that you didn't consult our master, and vengeful overlord; djinghis, before implementing the changes..   Grin
SOMA

If you can't convince them, confuse them!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 07:37:09 pm »

Smitten awesome

Korax

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 07:21:41 am »

Nice update! keep up the good work  Afro
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: