Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 07:10:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188541 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Development News
| | |-+  Hello. This is your bot speaking.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello. This is your bot speaking.  (Read 17409 times)
salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 10:11:37 am »

what would happen if daebot dueled daebot!?  Shocked
Scipio

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 09:07:17 pm »

Enjoyed playing around with the bots and think the team did a great job with them. Even though I have been playing this game off and on for 10 years, I never really spent any time actually learning how to play and being able to work with dynamic opponents in a controlled setting has been immediately useful for filling in the gaps and sort of 'oh yeah... duh' moments of how certain things work(mostly beast melee, T1 got too easy for me and I pretty much only play beast now).

The bot I'd like to see, if possible, would be one that pretty much only has good(great) blocks but doesn't really attack. Maybe just a combination of good blocks and escaping/healing. I've encountered enough players on the field who play with this sort of conservative style(and/or are simply stranded nomads against a lego and are trying to buy time/escape) but more to the point, my biggest frustration with learning beast melee has been encountering players who have blocks that just don't seem possible so it would maybe be helpful to have a bot that was borderline cheating with its ability to block to help get a sense of just how good blocking can be and hopefully polish the necessary skills to getting around it. Because really, it's not so much that the blocks are impossible, it's just that my framework of what is and isn't possible and the parameters for blocking is not as developed as it could be, a 'pretty much blocks everything' bot could be useful for that.

On the field I'm usually too busy trying to frag or help the team to really think about or analyze why someone was able to block me. Though the answer is usually because I did an obvious frontal attack and/or wasted my stamina - I am not a good beast melee player...

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:09:38 pm by Scipio » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 09:35:28 pm »

I suggest clicking on the "Rules" button on the bot duel map or reading this thread's first post for information on dueling other bots and changing some of their settings.

Sounds like you want:
Human Bot 1
Also, you can mess around with:
sv_botHumanBlockDelay
It has shown that different Block Timings/Delays were better against different type of players.
Try values like 10, 20, 30 and 40 until you're satisfied. (Anything in between those suggestions works too.)
Scipio

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »

Thanks, yeah, I played around with it some more and found a few bots that I liked for working with some simple and more complex stuff. Just the simple fact that they run at you alone adds so much in terms of getting timing and positioning more refined.

One suggestion I do have would be for the inclusion of a few dummy targets like there are on duel_garden, unarmed, static units that can be attacked _with rabid active_, I found a little loophole by loading the bot zone and then loading duel_garden, the bots would come with and engaging a duel with them would give me rabid that I could then use on the static bots, but otherwise it'd be nice to have access to rabid for playing around with static targets in the bot zone as well.
SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 02:00:16 am »

I noticed that bot human 18 isn't in the game, I was looking for exactly this type of bot and noticed that I suggested the same a few years ago  Cheesy

If you try to spawn bot 18, then Daebot will spawn instead
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 12:31:12 pm »

I checked the scripts and you are indeed correct!
H18 has disappeared, and I don't know where he went. :p
It has been way too long since I've dealt with this.

I don't think there's anyone capable and willing around to add it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: