Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 10:46:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188623 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17943 Members
Latest Member: Yustus123321
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Emily ruins a game by working to help the opposing team
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emily ruins a game by working to help the opposing team  (Read 3727 times)
Grasshopper

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:24 pm »

A player by the name of "Emily" who also uses the handle "Emaj" joined a game yesterday on the Leet US Public XR server and began exploiting the map by walking on hills/inaccessible terrain. I immediately call for a kick vote when I saw this, although the vote did not pass. This is something which I have see this player do frequently, they join the game and rather than actually playing they just take up a slot without providing any benefit to the team. What they do is they just start wandering around the map, exploiting, and basically unbalancing the game in the favor of the other team. I have seen "Emily" do this on numerous occasions.

After this takes place "Emily" then begins playing for a little while, although a few minutes later switches to an account/name with the name "Emaj" and then starts working for the other team. This is done by purposely and maliciously by not attacking enemy units and shortly after by intentionally allowing Ken to walk on top of their own unit and thereby allowing Ken to gain access to previously inaccessible portions of the Beast team's base.

The following link is to a demo file of the match so that people see for themselves.

• Emily Map exploiting and unbalancing game, takes place around the 20:00 minutes remaining mark.
  • Emily actively working to allow enemy players (in this case a player who uses the handle "Ken") access to inaccessible portions of our base, takes place around 9:30 minutes remaining in Extended Time.

The community is already very small as it is. Is there anyway that people who intentionally work to ruin or unbalance the game can be punished or even banned? The community should not have to put up with such players I think that most of us would agree.

I know that Slash is a ref and was present as a spectator on the server during all of this all of this, but I can't remember (and really did not have time to check) if he is a ref for US servers or just EU servers? Although I have no way of knowing if Slash could see everything that was taking place or was actually just AFK.

Additional Details:
Emily Main account
Emily's previous uses of the name Emaj
*Additional Emily profile information (may be helpful identifying the individual who is behind all of this). Link
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:10:51 pm by Grasshopper » Logged

Angelique
Savage Girl

Fierce, violent, and uncontrolled..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 10:01:11 pm »

It was me..  I confess to this crime.  Beast Mist

Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »

I thought my life was shit until I read this post, so thanks. Just interested why you did not include the demo where this "troll" took down your shield and single-handedly won the game for T2. If we start punishing/banning every single player who has a bit of fun or has broken a rule then this game will be dead quicker than I thought.
I'm not condoning what she did but asking for a ban is fucking ridiculous. You're in warrior so you should be use to losing games by now.

#BetaOrbiter
#ILickAssTooMuch
#ThugLife
#freedjinghis

Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:35:52 pm »

It is nice to see you sticking up for your girlfriend Necro.

Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:44:30 pm »

That was a pretty shit reply but thanks for acknowledging my efforts.

Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 10:55:46 pm »

So because someone was successful in taking down a shield tower in a completely different match, we should disregard their previous & frequent game ruining antics?

That is pretty shitty logic, don't you think.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:57:56 pm by Grasshopper » Logged

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »

Imo the way to solve this is better US reffing, not complaining about individual players. I'm happy to volunteer (with the understanding that US rules differ from EU). I'll pm slash.

Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 12:26:19 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_ClujTyJ0

More map exploiting, attacking from inaccessible terrain, and unbalancing by occupying a team slot although refusing to contribute to the team.

Courtesy of Emily
 Grin
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:35:58 am by Grasshopper » Logged

biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:09:35 am »

When Emily originally showed up, I honest to god thought she was Initial.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  Good call there Nostradumbass
Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 11:48:58 am »

When Emily originally showed up, I honest to god thought she was Initial.

I thought Emily was initial as well, they play the same.  And people used to bitch at me for kicking Emily on sight.
Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 01:49:47 pm »

Hiya
Why wont someone make maps that players can't cheat on?  Knuppel
PS is it hard to make these?

So we shouldn't blame who ever designed the map, for the actions of a player who chooses to find ways to exploit it and generally just ruin the game. For example it is possible for any commander to build an exploit sub or gar which allows players to spawn on other side of wall, thereby providing them with advantages over the other team (both offensive and defensive). There is no way to fix this it is just how it is, everyone knows about it, everyone knows that it's against the rules. When people choose to play the game in such a way they are usually kicked from the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLH3RDFwpWQ
Here is a video of Emily repeatedly Behemoth camping her own sublairs while commanding. There is no map fix for abuses of this nature. Although Jazzking is partly right more refs would likely help in the policing of such activity.

shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:03 am »

Grasshopper.. just stfu and play the game.

It is 100% possible to make a non-exploitable map.. just no mapper cares to do it anymore. I used to edit a map that had an exploit or possible bug the moment after it was played, then upload the new s2z on the spot. That's the only really way to avoid this.

You're acting like your pub matches matter. Man..

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 07:34:54 am »

Since i feel grasshopper is 100% right and alone about this ill give this my "go".
First of all, yes you can exploit, you can exploit eden2, you can exploit bunker you can exploit even crossroads_fixed. You always could and these maps have been played for ages with alot of gg's without any exploiters, simply cuz people played this game in a different fashion, a more competitive-based one. Now savage-gameplay has decreased heavily in quality. This solely from people r not playing this game too much for competition anymore, rather for chat. The number of Trolls/community has increased alot, and it seems to me that this once skillbased, competitive game is turning into a kindergarden of trolls, exploiters and bad-mannered idiots who is dedicating their poor lives to ruin a game that is living on the edge of extinction.

and Emily, she knows that i do like her as a player, my post is not to set her in any bad light by any means. But if you go against a whistle-blower that simply adresses bad behaviour by saying: "since its possible, it should b done" or "blame the creator of the map" it does nothing else but reflects what im talking about. That people nowadays are more bad-mannered. Cuz you always could exploit the most played maps, people just never did it cuz they wanted a gg. Seems like people dont want a gg anymore, but a bad game.

11 years of playing this game and i have never ever experienced this amount of lowlife turds online. Seems like the competitive players ran out of patience and left savage as it turned into a global extreme-mod for lowbrains.

So unless you want to support this game turning into crap, listen to people who adress bad behaviour, even if it is from your friend. Get the head out of your ass.

and trolls please leave this game and start playing HoN. There are many people there who share the same mind. And for the people who doesnt believe me also go play HoN. Then u will see how a good online-game is turning into shit cuz of the brainz to the people playing it.

kktnxbb
 Beast Mist
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:47:38 am by Haika » Logged
Emily

meow

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:46 pm »

First of all, let me apologize to Grasshopper for "exploiting" and "helping KEN" hop over the arcana.
I did not realize that my action would hurt Grasshoper's feeling this far. I did not mean to upset Grasshopper.
That I truly apologize. I will be more careful.

To clarify things, I have made a short video, explaining what exactly happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7MHdKtzqM

Now let me get this off my chest.
Honestly, I was just trying to have fun (like I always do).
As you can tell by now, I am not a competitive player. I am actually terrible compared to most of you guys here in this community. I gradually grew my skills on "finding" exploitable areas because I had more fun roaming around the map and chatting with my good friends than actually fighting and getting killed every single time.

Please understand that I have NEVER ruined a game by exploiting. (ex: destroying shields) I just enjoy "finding" exploitable areas. I have even fixed exploitable areas on certain maps by pointing it out to Amy.

When I first started playing this game, everybody was friendly and easy going which is why I instantly fell in love with it. I would make allies and do silly things together. For example, go on an adventure, hide behind a tree, play with npcs and avoid enemies. etc. (Miss you Robin5hood <3)

I never realized that the community was drastically changing as time progressed. I never thought that my actions would offend any players but I guess I was wrong. It seems like this game is now left with competitive players only.

Most of my good Savage friends have moved on in their lives or to different games.  I guess I should wake up as well. Maybe "gaming" isn't my thing. Maybe I should find a new hobby. "Savage" was one of my favorite games but now, it seems like people here don't even like me. Oh well, I guess I did this to myself.

Sidenote: I respect your thoughtful post Grasshopper but next time, try not to be a butt by linking unnecessary images and my personal information.

I am sorry to any players who were offended by my actions.

Regards,
Emily

Sunjb
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 01:51:20 pm »

Thanks for the effort Emily.
 Idiot this thread....
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: