Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2018, 08:42:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189254 Posts in 10962 Topics by 18099 Members
Latest Member: TheEliteWarrior
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  2nd generation changes
| | | |-+  Behemoths + Demo gameplay change roadmap
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behemoths + Demo gameplay change roadmap  (Read 10671 times)
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 09:12:33 pm »

How about behes get a significant block stun (or speed debuff) after getting blocked? This way legio can block and move around the other side of the sub for some safety.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »

Every such nerf will affect both defensive and offensive usage of Behemoths. You think Behes will still be worth a penny when attacking?

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 09:28:59 pm »

My thinking was that their intended purpose is attacking buildings, so they can avoid attacking units in the way (like cata). I guess the problem would be legios swinging at and body-blocking behes though.
More ideas:
Some way a legio could carry 1 medkit + 1 immob instead of 3 medkits (6th item slot)
Behes do damage to their own sub when they swing, so they need to get into perfect position to attack a legio or demo.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 09:33:12 pm »

1. Each time you enter the loadout screen with a behemonth or freshly equip a behemoth 5 seconds respawntime are getting added to the existing respawntime (the downside would be that you could camp in the loadout screen until someone gives you a sign to instantly spawn or you hear that a sublair is being attacked).

You can actually see the small version of the map from the loadout. If I want to spawn behe, I first mark the demo runner, and then sit in the loadout until I see the marked guy come close to the sub.  Rolleyes

Yeah, that's how everyone does it. The lame thing about behespawning is not that they are too strong to beat or to outrun, but that they spawn in a moment where you can't avoid them. That's why delaying their spawn time addresses the core problem.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:49 pm »

Behes do damage to their own sub when they swing, so they need to get into perfect position to attack a legio or demo.

Friendly fire in Savage? Never a good thing man, not in any games! What about a raging player starting to bash his own buildings? Or better yet, the hacker-scripters joining team, trashing t2 base, while t2 player are helpless in killing it since unit-friendly-fire is disabled?

Think before you post! Smiley.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 09:43:11 pm »

While implementing the spawn delay exactly as Tirza envisions is difficult, you can try a prototype in a much simpler (albeit less sophisticated) way.

beast_behemoth.gs
@spawn
!stun self 5000

Fairly straight forward piece of script.
When behe spawns, he's stunned (equivalent to the stun caused by block) for 5000ms (=5seconds).
This means he cannot walk nor attack, but will be standing there (can turn to look around) waiting for the stun to end.

If you want to be just a little fancier, you can add a state to visibly represent the stun in effect.

I suggest people try it locally to see how it feels.
And then either convince Daemon to make a patch with it, or Groent to run it on his server(s) for a short period of time.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 09:46:07 pm »

Building on Tirza's and Clemens' collaborative idea, i could try and make an animation showing the Behe dig a hole and pull a tree trunk from there, which can take a while.

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 10:14:13 pm »

This sounds cool. Just keep in mind if the behe isn't invulnerable during that time, hummies can drop a demo at sub spawn point. If the behe spawns between 5 and 10 seconds after, he dies! Then again, this might encourage spawning a different unit, which will be right in position to kill the demo. Risks/rewards

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 10:19:56 pm »

This sounds cool. Just keep in mind if the behe isn't invulnerable during that time, hummies can drop a demo at sub spawn point. If the behe spawns between 5 and 10 seconds after, he dies!
Sounds like a plus to me!  Smiley
But I think you can enter outposts even while stunned.
APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 07:27:03 pm »

Behemoths can capture flags again, I assume this is a bug. I'm not sure if the 3-hit demolition charge is working either, haven't tested it yet tho.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »

I'd like to suggest that behemoth can teamkill. This will counteract the advantage beasts have when behemots flag camp, because they can kill their own players aswell  (loosing team gold).
Also, behecamping near flags is more likely to not be accepted by both teams, and the player is more likely to get kicked. It's also useful in the situation where behemots spawn to kill demorunners, because it compensate slightly for humans that the behemoth can kill enemy players nearby.
Behemoths have great power in the game, and in a way you can say that "with great power comes great responsility" aswell.

The downside is naturally that this can be annoying for beasts players, especially when behetrains etc happends. Offensive actions for beasts gets harder, and behemoths a harder unit to play.
Just my 5 cents.

Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 12:35:40 pm »

Hell no. With the number of trolls on savage you think implementing a teamkill feature would be a good idea?
Lay off the drugs

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 12:43:35 pm »

Hell no. With the number of trolls on savage you think implementing a teamkill feature would be a good idea?
Lay off the drugs

Even trolls wanna win matches. A player who teamkill on t2 wont be popular for long.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 03:23:49 pm »

Lay off the drugs

Even trolls wanna win matches. A player who teamkill on t2 wont be popular for long.

You're wrong. Sadly.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 12:19:16 am »

I just thought of something I dont think anyone else have thought off so far.

The idea is quite simple- make the melee-sensitivity for behemoths lower. Or in other words, make them slower to spin around and hit everyone in 360 degrees. 

This way, if a behemoth is standing with their back turned on you close to a flag, u can safely capture the flag, because turning the behemoth around takes some time (kinda like balista/catapult). Even if the behemoth raises his tree, if you are behind him, you should feel safe.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: