Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 06:27:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188984 Posts in 10936 Topics by 18014 Members
Latest Member: Edson Maes
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  2nd generation changes
| | | |-+  Discuss: Workers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss: Workers  (Read 1486 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2014, 08:37:53 pm »

2nd Generation re-balancing discussions are not meant to result in simple suggestions that merely tweak or change one isolated aspect of the game. Please take into account the overall effect on the game, the stats showing 38% more beast wins, the 1st generation gameplay changes and the need to make as few subsequent changes to compensate as possible.

At the time this post is being written, there has been a widespread acceptance of the new changes and there's actually little, if any, ingame talks about them at all! So don't go proclaiming "this and that will kill the game!" because previous changes obviously didn't. This may be a testimony to the care that's been given to choose small incremental steps over radical changes. Regardless what a few haters, like djinghis, proclaim. They should read the 1st gen threads too.

1st Gen changes:
* Workers' behavior has been changed so that they ignore attacks if they have a valid order active.

Please mark yours properly for me to see if you want to add more.

Other suggestions:
A. Be able to buff workers. (1 Buff Per Worker if there are buffs in pool)
B. Be able to send Beast workers through gate.
C. Workers 'Level' up with Stronghold? (L1: 325 HP, L2 350 hit points, L3 - 375 HP).
D. Workers slowly heal over time.
E. Make Officer/AO health regen to heal workers as well.
F. Give workers a 'passive / aggressive' mode.  (Running away or Attacking Back)
G. Make workers be able to enter Outpost and Burrow buildings. (either getting the stone back or just hosting them).

Each and every one of them has advantages and drawbacks, while some might be hard to implement. Please discuss and remember: YOU HAVE TO MAKE A GOOD CASE FOR WHATEVER YOU'RE TRYING TO CONVINCE US OF!

mutan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »

Downsizer "award" should be red, at the end of the list in awards screen. They could also explode if killed or make the towers even more accurate. Why? because of beasts have much greater mobility than humans, and almost always killing workers fast in early game. Saw at least 20% games ruined this way.  Undecided

Do you have high ambitions about your future but you smoke joints?! We will protect you, by putting you in to jail for atleast 3 years, with serial murderers and rapists. But atleast you wont ruin your life by drugs!
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 02:23:23 pm »

Hurting enemy economy doesn't mean ruining a game. It means winning a game Smiley.

Red is only for individual, wasteful, crappy awards, not for doing what's needed to win.

Oberlus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 03:45:48 pm »

I like point G (not that I kind find it, anyways).

Correct me if I'm wrong:
It would be a new button on workers that once you push it they go straight forward to the nearest garr/sub/SH/lair and get into it (and already deliver RS, why not).
Then, you could push another new button in any of the garrs/subs/SH/lair and, one by one (n clicks for n workers) the workers would spawn in front of that garr/sub/SH/lair.

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 02:56:37 pm »

Just my two cents, that point G if micro'd properly would have a malus on downsizers. To improve the idea you could line the workers to enter and exit with it taking at least 1-2 seconds to enter per worker. But not, immediately.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: