Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:47:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188529 Posts in 10877 Topics by 17915 Members
Latest Member: nguyenphat
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  G&G vs Groentjuh Kingdom
Poll
Question: Which is better
Groentjuh and Girls server
Groentjuh Kingdom
equal
show the results

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: G&G vs Groentjuh Kingdom  (Read 2406 times)
Storky

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:36:36 am »

What's up guys and girls Afro

Seems last time people playing on one of those two servers, like no difference between them.
But there is some differences.

1. Looks like G&G situated somewhere in area of Germany. Where G.Kingdom is situated I dont know, maybe its UK by the title.
But on G&G in last few years everybody got a nice ping. Eastern Europe, Israel-Turkey area, even Siberia, Australia and Ale got a decent ping.
On G.Kingdom almost everybody got an increased ping, for Eastern Europe its additional 40-70ms. For West Europe ping is slightly increased. With 120 instead 50ms you have to delay turning "backwards" and get greater leading when aiming.
2. Few issues with G.Kingdom which are absent on G&G.

So I don't understand an Idea to play on Groentjuh's Kingdom

\m/
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:54:33 pm »

Not sure if I recall right but at some point G&G had lag issues and when 1.1 patch came, it was first only running on Kingdom server. That caused ppl to play on Kingdom more and has become the "default" server.

You are totally right though. Kingdom's ping sucks hard for many, especially eastern europeans. On Kingdom scandis only benefit like 10 ms, UK maybe 30 ms and US maybe 30 ms.
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:58:58 pm »

I don't know where you're pulling your numbers out from. Anyone west of france (UK, spain, North America, South America, sometimes France) generally gets improvement, east (Central EU, Asia) gets worse.

It would be simple to measure average ping on the different servers over time, but I wouldn't be surprised if UK had lower. The island nation goes directly to undersea cables instead of passing through other countries and intermediaries (why scandi is better I think). London internet infrastructure seems to be strong in terms of latency, perhaps because of the London Stock Exchange. Additionally, it cuts down on ping of people with >100 at the expense of people with generally <80, so it is sort of democratizing.

Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:08:18 pm »

interesting topic.

G&G gives me random laggouts and i feel my ping is lying. My ping is very similar on both servers, atleast minimal difference.
GnG is laggy, spiky and the random laggouts i get can last for 20 minutes with the server showing either 999 or Huh in the serverlist(if it even appears). I think some other players gets these laggouts too. Therefore i dont think GnG as the better server.

I dont see whats wrong with kingdom. Honestly, old EvO, legendary server, no complaints earlier. Rather play on a server with 10 more ping but without the annoying random laggouts.

but hey that my opinion.
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »

kingdom also has an up to date maplist

JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 06:51:53 pm »

I get very strange lag on G&G, as does trial&error and a few other players.

I seem to sometimes get ridiculous lag at low ping, then it is resolved as soon as the map ends (even before it nextmaps). It mostly affects chat, item selection, etc, but not so much movement.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 12:43:29 am »

tbh i prefer GK cause of early concedes Wink

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: