Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2018, 04:41:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189321 Posts in 10970 Topics by 18118 Members
Latest Member: farikadol
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  Read 1st :: Post here your 2nd generation re-balancing suggestions
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Read 1st :: Post here your 2nd generation re-balancing suggestions  (Read 21825 times)
Storky

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »

XP and gold reward for healing/reviving.
Now if you heal you get an XP. If you revive you get gold (1000). Isn't that enough?
Its ok.

\m/
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2017, 09:37:57 pm »

Suggestion: Increased connection between team and commander in mid and late game.

The idea I have in mind is to increase the attention the team pay to how the team does overall, in the game. Early in the game, this is achieved with redstone and the team pmining to get tech which each player benefits from with weapons and tech as the result. However, in mid-game and late-game this attention from the players are completely gone often, except in some emergency cases (shield down etc..), and very often the commander can struggle with receiving the attention of his team to make them follow his strategy.

Here is some more concrete ideas which I think can help achieve that attention in mid- and late game:

- Goals & subgoals that the commander can set in gameplay (destroy building X, capture flag Y, kill siege units in area Z, kill player A, etc.)
- More tech , which can be only introduced after a certain time, or event (100 enemies killed in total, timer past 15 minutes, other team have full basic tech, team have done total siege damage of X, team have died Y times in total, etc..) - making resource management late game more important for the team, and for the commander.
- Random events in the game, which applies to both or one of the teams (electrical frequenzy which disables all defensive buildings for a time, hazardous waste from the sky making any healing for beasts useless (buff,rabid and carn), production error (disables weapons and items in the loadout menu for players and buffs for a given tech line for a limited time ( last X time).
 -----  As a side note for the random events:  If any lore-related tech in terms of "religion" or "magic" gets implemented, it could possibly be connected to this, to increase the chance of good events for your team, or bad events for the other team)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:39:47 pm by Bullet » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »

Nerf Siege Units:

If spawned as siege and re-entering spawn positions (Including everything, SH, Sublairs etc.) give them a 30(+ / -) on respawning as one.

This should include:
- Ballista
- Catapult
- Summoner
- Behemoth

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2017, 07:23:19 pm »

Nerf Siege Units:

If spawned as siege and re-entering spawn positions (Including everything, SH, Sublairs etc.) give them a 30(+ / -) on respawning as one.

This should include:
- Ballista
- Catapult
- Summoner
- Behemoth

That's not nerfing siege units, that's nerfing siege spawnpoint camping. Since your intentions aren't clear in the least, do bother with posting a proper explanation or /ignore.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2017, 07:35:02 pm »

Nerfing Siege Camping

Intentions shall be clear! We're suffocating under siege camping for as long as this game exists (probably). So I thought of this simple fix!

If spawned as siege and re-entering spawn positions a 30 second respawn penatly will be given to the player.
This simple fix should forbid people from re-entering and successfully camp at spawn locations.

This should include every single siege units including the ejected unit (so sieges are actually dying for the mess they can cause / will cause).

Storky

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2017, 03:15:18 pm »

Nerfing Siege Camping

Intentions shall be clear! We're suffocating under siege camping for as long as this game exists (probably). So I thought of this simple fix!

If spawned as siege and re-entering spawn positions a 30 second respawn penatly will be given to the player.
This simple fix should forbid people from re-entering and successfully camp at spawn locations.

This should include every single siege units including the ejected unit (so sieges are actually dying for the mess they can cause / will cause).
I support this, looks effective, wise and easy to realise. But except summoner, its already "nerfed" - spawning with not full mana.

\m/
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:15 pm »

Suggestion:

Increase gold cost of behemoths to 10K.

reason: If beasts have a good period and gather up enough gold in the team, they can easely win on any small maps given that enough behemoths spawn and go for enemy bases, and that it is a short path to the base. It also takes very few successfull hits with behemoth to re-earn the gold the behemoths costs, despite building beeing shielded.

Example: kinixxx at flag

Another reason is simply because the human/beast in-balance in public settings.
I do also not think this nerf to siege beasts will affect competetive gameplay as much, simply because the teamgold in competetive is 50K, but only 5 players, so there is still plenty of gold available most likely in competetive play.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2017, 11:31:59 pm »

Nerfing Siege Camping

Summoner automatically reload mana, ballistas do not so I think this is a fair deal. I've never understood why people spawn as summoner to defend ANYTHING...
I support this, looks effective, wise and easy to realise. But except summoner, its already "nerfed" - spawning with not full mana.

Brad_Troika

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2017, 12:11:19 pm »

When burrow/outpost is destroyed by the enemy the team gains no stone.

I think this should be removed because it's pointless.
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2017, 06:53:49 pm »

Empower healing units enough to make them a viable choice for commanders early and midgame.

In their current form, healers still don't have a substancial impact on the game. Sure, Shamans will help beasts push over long distances as long as they don't get hunted (wich they will), and since the latest change a group of Chaplains can become a well-oiled "ball of healing" when playing against a sub-par team. But mostly both fail to impact pushes or alter gameplay all too much.

This may be an area of improvement, and there are a couple ideas and changes I've been thinking about for a while now, that I'dd like to share with you, in the upcoming days.

1. Change the Chaplain's Revive skill into a ranged ability

Ever tried to revive a Legionnare in the middle of a teamfight? The first thing that usually gets on my plate is a Chaplain Sandwich with Predators being the buns. No chance you're going to get that block off in time especially when you consiter the Chaplain animation is finnished right before the guy you're reviving. Two preds at once? Forget about it.

I'm not even going to start with revive being pretty useless as most people will relocate away immediatly, leaving you stranded and vulnerable for dinner.

By giving the chaplains a chance to do their good work from the back, in the bushes, or anywhere away from the Chaplain Meatloaf loving Predators, Revive can actually be a pretty good skill for use during battles and gives the caster some time to recover while not being reduced to Chaplain Sausage.

I'dd say give it a range for about 50% of Flux range

Pros:
Increases Chaplain survivability
Makes Revive more effective during fights

Cons:
Makes Chaplains play more carefull?
Idk, can't really think of anything
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:00:44 pm by Tjens » Logged

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »

Some simple skills a support-oriented unit can use for keeping humans offensive pushes longer:

Skills that target specific enemy:
*  Beam that drains stamina, when it reaches zero, it will start draining health instead from the target.
* Throwable, bouncable objects/missiles/etc that does one/more of these things upon impact/hit/explotion:
  - Disables mana regeneration for x time
  - Disables any gold-earning for x time
  - Disables buffing (pro-active debuffing) for x time. Does not disable active buffs, however.
  - Disables  passive stamina regeneration (not frenzy) for x time
  - Turn friendly fire on for targetted unit  Rolleyes
  - Raises gold for killing the hitted unit, with 2x the normal value.
  - Small throwable object. On hit, disables sacrifice, storm shield, frienzy and basically all positive/active effects on the beast (except buffs)

Skills that target multiple enemies:
* Throw smokebombs, greatly reducing vision for ally and foe (cover for siege)
Skills that affect structures/areas:
* Throwable item(s) that does one or more of these things upon hit/impact/explosion:
  - If thrown on a gate, make the gate a neutral building and allow friendly humans to travel trough it (watch out beast commander!)
  - Disables spawning from whatever structure it hit for a given time
  - Captures a flag/sawmill/redstone (throwable flag capturing, imagine that, good counter to behecamping!)
  - Makes spawnable building/flags immune for a given time to damage/capture. (good to hold flags, once again..)
  - Small little grenade, that stuns any beasts withing a small radius. Limited, and bounces on the ground. explodes on hit.
  - Small poisonous grenades that drain health over time in the area they explode in. Perfect for corridors and tiny pathways. Storm shield gives immunity. Strong vs siege and summoners behind cover.
  -

Skills that affect friendly player(s):
* Beam that increases their stamina
* Beam that converts enemy workers to your teams cause.
* throwable object that gives friendly targets hit one/more of these things:
  - Double gold income for x time for that player
  - Tvice as fast fire-rate with any  ranged weapon
  - Tvice as long range with any ranged weapon
  - Tvice the firing rate for siege units
  - Tvice the damage for siege units
  - Change friendly player into a monkit, perfect for sneaky operations. Lasts 30 secs.  Cheesy
  - Throwable potion, that makes any damage the target takes for X time, goes directly to you, instead of them. (you need to bring medkits and/or a chap with you)
  - Make the player immune to ranged damage (doesnt work with siege)
  - Make a siege unit immune to melee damage for X time.
 -
Skills that affect objects (mines, et.c)
  - A throwable item that makes demo packs explode imidiatly (if it lands within x radius of a placed demo)
  - A throwable item which converts enemy mines to friendly mines.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2017, 09:11:46 pm »

Simple suggestion, its actually a visual melee improvement. Should add some more meta to newbies, and maybe make it easier for them to land hits as beasts.

Make players able to choose between left-handed or right handed melee in player options. Currently, most melee animations start with an attack from the right hand.

I believe some players will find the melee easier to learn if they can choose what "hand" the animation is going. For example, currently preds have two right hand swings and one left hand swing. A mirrored, left-hand version of this have two left arm swings and one right arm swing.

The visual difference between the attack animations doesnt even need to be seen for the opponent, as where the hits land is the same regardless of what hand swings.

Badyyy
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2017, 02:45:23 am »

Technically speaking, you cannot convince a single spawnpoint to stop being a spawnpoint without a huge amount of work. It's either all spawnpoints or none.

there could be an idea how it could work. What if we restrict the construction of sub or gari to a number x? Then one could put it for each individual.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2017, 07:40:36 pm »

1) Make monkits turn properly when moving. Currently they are sliding backwards and sideways.
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2017, 07:49:49 pm »

I NEED A GIFD OF MICHEAL JACKSON AS A MONKIT DOING THE MOONWALK ASAP

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: