Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2017, 01:39:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
187447 Posts in 10778 Topics by 17779 Members
Latest Member: ErdBeeRmiLch
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Development News
| | |-+  Savage XR 1.1 Patch
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage XR 1.1 Patch  (Read 43504 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »

Savage XR 1.1 Patch Changelog

New Officer-related features
-Orders issued by both the Commander and the Officers are simultaneously displayed.
-Officer orders no longer remove the existing Commander orders and vice-versa.
-Officer orders have been given different icons and colors from the Commander's (cyan/orange).
-The minimap now displays Waypoint Flag icons in all 4 variations (red/green/orange/cyan), as per order type.
-A dedicated Officer Task panel under the (now) Commander task panel has been added ingame.
-The blank default Officer human flag has been replaced by one featuring the Savage XR icon.
-The Officer state icon and the Officer status userlist icons have been replaced with the same icon.
-The Commander automatically receives temporary Officer status, ignoring max Officers limitations.
-Upon retaking his seat, or another Commander being elected, the Resigning Comm loses Officer status.
-The Resigning Commander can issue both Officer and Commander voice commands while on the field.
-Officer status is now kept by players when joining or switching squads.

Other changes and fixes
-New floating friendly unit icon added.
-Players whose exact name is being written in the chatbox get an audible notification.
-New cheat prevention and detection methods have been implemented.
-Msg and msgcomm votes are now interrupted if any other (more meaningful Smiley ) vote is called.
-Automatic date checks for theme packs has been added, in case skins like for Easter or Halloween are made.
-Blank name & illegal characters name abuse fixed.
-Tower attack speed bug fixed. (As reported by Crashday)
-Inventory change exploits fixed. (As reported by jazzking)
-Attachments not removed inside shops fixed. (like sacrifice)
-Clanless players posting in public Shoutbox incorrectly showing a clan icon fixed.

Community Generated Gameplay Changes
-Two years since their creation, we've introduced the gameplay changes that the Community discussed in the Gameplay Re-Balancing forum to standard XR.
-These changes have been selected, discussed, tweaked, voted and finally approved by a hardcore think-tank of Newerth Admins, over month-long debates.
-The 2 new units present in Evolution (the Mech and the Glider) are NOT included in this update. In the near future, following public feedback, their gameplay features will be redesigned and subjected to the same Community scrutiny that produced the other widely accepted gameplay changes.
-The full list of changes that were first implemented in the Evolution sandbox mod when XR 1.0 was launched, and now they made it to standard XR, can be found here.

Even after discussions spanning more than 180.000 views and more than 1000 replies, the changes above ARE SUBJECTED TO FURTHER TWEAKING pending community feedback! Nothing is really ever final with Savage, so do not panic and enjoy the game Smiley. After a while, without anything new added to the table, any game becomes dull, right?

Note to MacOS users: Like always, you will have to wait a little longer than the rest of the world. Hopefully it will only be a matter of hours. Thank you!

Most, if not everything (good) of the above was made possible through Clemens' efforts. The bad ones are on me Smiley.

[edit]IF there are requests or complaints, like for instance regarding the new Friendly icon that replaced the old, low res one, please post your feedback in a readable fashion instead of hating ingame, where we can't read Smiley. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:59:21 am by Daemon » Logged

Ophelia
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:06:51 am »

I don't know if this is really a 'bug' ... Or whatever, but I #hashtag my name a lot....

I am unable to use #1/#2/#3 or so on as a name.

- I can hashtag other names/symbols - that start with #

- but it will shuffle my name to '#69' if I type in "/name #3" or any other number instead of 3.

I really can't explain it - as I am terrible at this,
but just login the game and type "/name #3"
and you'll see what I'm talking about.

eLeMenT
XR Tester

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 02:06:30 am »

Great stuff Daemon.

I, and others, really appreciate the work you guys have been doing!  Afro

shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 03:55:13 am »

Gj daemon and clemens.

Gj Newerth faithfuls.

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:28:43 am »

Nice work, can't wait to give the offi updates a shot.

Ang: ref and callvote commands targeted to players can use their #client_num instead of their name. That is why you can't call yourself #3, since we couldn't tell you apart from player #3!

EDIT: Wow those balance changes, way bigger stuff than I expected. Only thing I'm not enthusaistic about is balli sprint. Are they be able to turn faster?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:37:35 am by jazzking » Logged

Ophelia
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 12:06:04 pm »

Ang: ref and callvote commands targeted to players can use their #client_num instead of their name. That is why you can't call yourself #3, since we couldn't tell you apart from player #3!

Oh no kidding!? I never knew that - (Yeah never bothered looking into clients and such as I don't make a note to kick/mute anyone, Lol. ) Thanks Jazz! I guess I'll #Six it out!  Afro
Silent Killer
XR Developer, Newerth server admin

Working on N4B XR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 03:36:52 pm »

Great job!

But what about clan management issues?
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 05:23:24 pm »

But what about clan management issues?
Groent said he'd fix it.
Ask him about the progress.
Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:52 pm »

thanks you really much for all your addings about officer's order Smiley
thanks to all the dev team for your job:)

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 09:36:28 pm »

Thank all of you that you are spending your own time doing all these things and keeping this game alive  Afro

OldUttar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 12:17:12 am »

Very cool. Very appreciative of the time and effort you guys put into this. I keep hoping that eventually Savage will find a new influx of players and interest and that we can actually point to some new development (even if only ever once in a while) might help with that.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 01:12:43 am »

Windows and Linux XR1.1 patch is out!

Report any bugs as soon as you can, please.

Mac still has to wait; it's scheduled to happen within the next days (hopefully already tomorrow).
bandit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 01:58:43 am »

Nice update. One thing i would like to see fixed is people being able to multi vote.
Disconnect reconnect vote Disconnect reconnect vote etc etc.
eLeMenT
XR Tester

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 03:36:04 am »

First impression:

- I personally don't really like the savage helmet used as offi flag replacement (especially in the scoreboard).
- The square that is shown when someone is targeted could potentially get in the way of someone coiling or temping at long range.

Otherwise, like previously mentioned, I appreciate everything you guys did  Cool

Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 05:31:00 am »

Looks like a good patch. Only thing I don't agree with are balli sprint and behe hit causing demo to explode. Humans don't need buffs tbh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: