Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:51:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188529 Posts in 10877 Topics by 17915 Members
Latest Member: nguyenphat
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  kicked for 1920 minutes without being there?.. lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: kicked for 1920 minutes without being there?.. lol  (Read 6146 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 01:32:37 am »

Jmz said he has many potential replacements for Slash, but he likes Slash.
Whatever those two statements might mean. Rolleyes

The truth is, Jmz has no control over his own server.
As Slash has full control over Jmz.

The chance that you'll be seeing any sort of meaningful change is low.
Find a different server.
Ophelia
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 01:42:34 am »

Are there no other US servers around?

Yes. Which I have already considered if what Slash is saying comes to pass. Rolleyes

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:49:38 am by Angelique » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 01:45:32 am »

Yes. Which I have already considered if what Slash is saying comes to pass. Rolleyes
So this server has been running for more than a year and you fools still flock to Jmz/Slash?
Brilliant.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:51:53 am by Hakugei » Logged
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 01:46:06 am »

Guys, JmZ is the only one (as far as I know) that is paying for this server to stay up. Unless you're willing to pay for it instead, I think you guys should just add constructive criticism on the subject.

I think Slash is simply tired of having people bicker at him every time he makes a decision; from the refs he appoints to the decisions he makes as a ref.

Trust me, being a ref is not an easy job in this community because we have way too many trolls. By trolls I mean 'children' that yell out 'abuse!' every time someone makes any decision and others that take the server as a joke. So what does that mean? Taking it as a joke means people blatantly ignoring the rules because they simply don't care.  

My hat goes off to JmZ and Slash for keeping this game running while many of us quit the game (myself included).

ShuN, we do get XP when we join a game, unless you've been sitting in spec at the start of the game.

I believe a lot should be done to make the servers a more enjoyable place to hang out. Here are my suggestions:

1 - I've added my input on the rules (sent them to Slash). I didn't add any, I simply fixed the layout, made them more coherent, and categorized them into more sections so they're easier to read. I would like to see them take effect.

2 - One big advantage the EU server has over the US server is obviously its community size. However, I believe having python installed is what gives it the edge. People get moved to spec when they're afk. People join teams when the map changes - kinda like watching TV and one program ends, switches to the next, then they show you the commercials - (this is why most of the people on the US server just sit in spec imo, we need to encourage them to play). Restart votes are disabled by default after 5 minutes so those don't need to be monitored and so on and so forth.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 01:51:13 am »

However, I believe having python installed is what gives it the edge. People get moved to spec when they're afk.
Restart votes are disabled by default after 5 minutes so those don't need to be monitored and so on and so forth.
It takes quite literally 10 seconds to enable those options.
The python stuff is all there and ready to be used.
And Jmz knows this.
(Even if Jmz and Slash didn't know this, the question is why not?  Wink)
So why haven't those useless lazy server admins done so?

Even adding an own trigger or changing an existing one shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
It's simple and user-friendly like nothing else about Savage.

Another reason why you should start wondering why the hell you're playing on such a poorly maintained server.
Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 01:52:20 am »

I won't weigh in on this particular incident because I wasn't around for it, but I will say this - the people calling ref a "job" don't know what they are talking about.  No on gets paid to ref and refs are given endless shit (sometimes deserved) whether they take action or not.  If we kick/mute/slay someone half the server cries abuse.  If we don't act the other half cries "lazy shit refs".

It's also highly amusing that people are singing the praises of EU server and community when a good number of the aliasing trolls we see on a nightly basis are EU players that sit in spec and say things intentionally trying to provoke a response from refs.  This is on top of the fact that most of us can't even stop being ref for 10 minutes to just play a fucking game without someone starting some shit or without us getting constant whispers saying "Hey, do this. Hey, do that! Hey, what's wrong with you? Hey, do what I want!".

I will say that I don't agree with a 2000 minute kick for ange, but it sounds like someone other than Slash is dicking around with kick times.  Yeah, ange deserves a kick sometimes and she gets away with a lot more lenience compared to others so the fact that some of that patience is wearing thin is understandable.  9 times out of 10 though, a mute is all ange needs and then nothing further is needed.

On the subject of refs trolling and then reacting to with ref powers, I can relate because I used to do the same thing before a number of complaints and slash directly told me to knock it off.  Does that mean I've stopped trolling? No, but I've stopped punishing people for reacting to it.  I barely use ref at all anymore because no one is ever happy, even if it's justified. It's far easier to just tell people to grow up and deal with shit.

And yeah, unfortunately Jmz is kind of useless.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 01:57:08 am »

I was wondering when the US refs would come here and proclaim that all their actions were justified.
Bullshit. Grin Last time I tried explaining a ref what he did wrong he proceeded to call me a troll and kick me.
So I went to Jmz directly instead. But...
And yeah, unfortunately Jmz is kind of useless.
Yep. Rolleyes

but it sounds like someone other than Slash is dicking around with kick times.
Only server admins can do that. So Slash or Jmz?
Unless you have another hidden server admin the public doesn't know about.
Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 01:59:18 am »

No clue. And I didn't try to justify anything.
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 02:09:38 am »

slash changed the kick time as only admins can.

more then half the active refs do a fine job. NM has been doing a good job since he doesnt really troll now.
element does fine until he seems to be drunk or bitter. sober he does fine i'll just say. lol

I think it was Reapers best buddy that got ref the latest, and he's even stated he appreciates being a ref and doesn't mind it.

and.. I PM'd you my take on the whole thing, Hakugei.  Rolleyes

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
BrownAle
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 10:17:28 am »

Restart your freaking router.
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »

Pretty sure my IP is dynamic.

Ive reset the router. Modem. Performed ipconfig /release and /renew.
Didnt make a difference. Evem changed the mac address to a different number.

Its straight. Kick times were changed again.

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 07:42:28 pm »

Working on it.

Thanks guys

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 06:47:46 am »

Pretty sure my IP is dynamic.

Ive reset the router. Modem. Performed ipconfig /release and /renew.
Didnt make a difference. Evem changed the mac address to a different number.

Its straight. Kick times were changed again.

I did a little reading on this, apparently its a known issue since vista/win7 the dynamic ip is getting stored locally in windows and then reused, only no one can seemingly say where. Sad

BrownAle
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 02:13:17 pm »

Yeah but what? Why is it working perfectly for me then when playing on windows? Also im not an expert but isnt the IP set by the router not by the OS of its clients?
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 09:24:03 pm »

I didn't really read the entire thread.

But depending on your ISP, sometimes you're allocated a particular IP on their end for a specific duration like 24 hours. So even if you reboot your router, you'll get the same one.

Also, all the ipconfig stuff is useless in most cases as the router handles your public IP, not your PC.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: