Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 10:45:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188623 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17943 Members
Latest Member: Yustus123321
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  kicked for 1920 minutes without being there?.. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: kicked for 1920 minutes without being there?.. lol  (Read 6307 times)
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:10:57 am »

So..

Here I am relaxing from a long day of work when I attempt to log onto Savage.

Select Leet US.. connect.

"Kicked for 1920 minutes.." .. This, of course, being in Savage terminology.

Great, didn't even connect before being kicked. Almost like a future kick without me knowing.

I understand my wife and the consequences on this game.. but a kick for that long? I accept 20 minutes kicks because i know they're coming.. but not for this long man. Srsly?  Huh

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
Ophelia
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 04:09:39 am »

So..

Great, didn't even connect before being kicked. Almost like a future kick without me knowing.

I understand my wife and the consequences on this game.. but a kick for that long? I accept 20 minutes kicks because i know they're coming.. but not for this long man. Srsly?  Huh

I'm sorry for the confusion everyone, apparently Shuns keyboard is severely encountering some technical errors and he is displaying the wrong message as to this situation....

What he meant to say is...

"Slash is a bitch who can't take a joke"

- We both strongly apologize for the confusion and plan on upgrading his keyboard in the next 24 hours. We hope you understand for this minor confusion.

Thank you...

Edit:

btw, I am going once a week Wink
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:39:08 am by Angelique » Logged
LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:55:28 am »

You know i just think refs, starting with Slash, are getting sick and tired of "jokes"

Maybe if the kick time stays up you will take it more seriously.

eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:58:11 am »

So..

I understand my wife and the consequences on this game.. but a kick for that long? I accept 20 minutes kicks because i know they're coming.. but not for this long man. Srsly?  Huh

It's funny I was talking about this today I knew you also wouldn't be able to play shun lol.

To be honest, I'm kinda excited about the new kick timers, hopefully people will adjust nicely. I think Slash overreacted in Ange's case but it shouldn't be too bad; we'll see you guys tomorrow??? Cheesy

Pros:
- Refs and players alike will start taking kicks more seriously. This seems like it's needed on our server since we have too many trolls.

Cons:
- Kicking people who are afk in spec for hours at a time isn't such a good idea any more.
- Who knows who will get banned from playing for a day and a half through random troll votes if refs aren't on or afk.

I truly believe this is a much needed step forward, the benefit to me is much greater than the liability. I was the first to be kicked for that long! Wooot woooooot (turns out it wasn't 30 days, it was 30 hours lol)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:03:09 am by eLeMenT » Logged

Ophelia
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 12:00:54 pm »

Slash has quite a bit of nerve kicking over mute in this case. Even when he said he would mute he didnt.
He can go on and change peoples names to the most stupid shit (for no reason other then to 'make jokes' because he is admin. ) But he cant handle it back?  A kick wont change my opinion on this.
Same issue with Nightmare weeks back. Started talking shit from spec about Shun and kicked me when he didn't like the response to his 'jokes'

Man up. If you dish it then take it.
Otherwise don't start shit and won't be shit.

Edit:
You know i just think refs, starting with Slash, are getting sick and tired of "jokes"

Yeah - That'll happen... LOL
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:47:52 pm by Angelique » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:13:29 pm »

So you're saying there's ref abuse on the US server?
No way!
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »

You cause way more shit then I do.
There is zero reason for me getting kicked.
Maybe he should have opted for a mute instead of making such an irrational decision.
I contribute way more to a dying game then he does.

Hopefully he loses admin. There's 0 benefit to Slash having it anyhow.

Oh, and let me just say that I have walked by my wife's computer while she's been AFK just to find her name being ref changed by slash to various other names, such as "iLuvMike" (in reference to mike michigan) for no reason.

So if you think this is one sided.. it's not.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:33:22 pm by shuN » Logged

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:33 pm »

I hope callvote kick is disabled if this is US' new default ban time....

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
slashandburn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:31:14 am »

Shun, you of all people should know that kicks are IP based.  Since ang got kicked, you were banned.  Maybe if she would stop calling mutes and kicks on refs, you wouldn't have a problem.  And as element said, we're done with the trolls on this server.  Refs can't even join the server without BH, Djingis, or some other troll causing problems.  As for the 2000 minutes, the server setting was 20 min, so not sure why that happened.  And now someone has set it to a worthless 90 seconds.  I guess we'll just need to remove all refs and let the server die.
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 12:39:26 am »

I do know they're IP based.
I also said I completely understand accepting a 20, 30, or 60 minute vote based on my status.
I would happily put up with that.

Not a 2000 minute vote.

I don't have a problem with most anyone, even the refs. I have an issue with abusing the power of such.

Why do refs get to troll if players cant?
Why does the admin get to troll but refs cant?

This falls down the line of power.
You know you've trolled Ang. I don't care about demos because I don't care about any rebuttal towards anyone.
Again, my example being you logged into the server while Ang is afk and changing her name without her consent.

I like being sarcastic, I like joking.. hell, I even enjoy drama/bickering because it's entertaining. But people need to learn how to give some and get some. Kick her for 20 or 30 minutes.. she may deserve it at times. but if someone wants to play a practical joke on another, they should know retaliation is in effect. That's all.

I in no way hold a grudge on this, I simply am fed up with refs using power other then maintaining a server.
EU servers are well maintained and managed. I'm sure thats one reason JmZ plays there and not on Leet US.

Why not try to stop being the red headed step child of this dying game and make something of the last years it has left?

Ophelia
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 12:58:36 am »

Why do refs get to troll if players cant?
Why does the admin get to troll but refs cant?

This falls down the line of power.
You know you've trolled Ang. I don't care about demos because I don't care about any rebuttal towards anyone.
Again, my example being you logged into the server while Ang is afk and changing her name without her consent.

The fact is - I don't deny I did deserve a kick - but on the grounds I deserve it, so do you Slash.

You CONSTANTLY have some rude / sarcastic remark about someones penis size - or jokes on living in trailers. How many times have you changed peoples names without any reason rather then to troll them?

But when someone calls you a bitch and mutes you (On a SERVER based Vote which passed)
 That is too far? Don't dish it if you can't take it

Cause trolling people then kicking them when they troll you in return actually does in fact make you a bitch...

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 01:11:03 am »

The sad thing is, I reported US's sad state of affairs to Jmz (with EVIDENCE - even a demo), and all the context he replied with is...
"Ref abuse is allowed, because it's a stressful thing to do" and "I don't want to manage my own server".
And then he even had the balls to tell me to do his job for him. Rolleyes

So if Jmz "doing his job as a server admin" results in players getting kicked for 2000 minutes for no reason, then I suggest avoiding that server.

Props to Groentjuh for not being like Jmz.
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 01:16:13 am »

Well hey.. i think there's people out there that wouldn't find it being a job and more of a hobby.

I don't mind JmZ, i thank him for keeping the server up.. but I would just say that maybe the choice of people in power should be revamped. Being ref isn't stressful, being admin isn't stressful. It only is if you don't actually want it.. but then why would you make that choice?

I've ran Savage servers for a short time.. i've set em up (with help).. and I had no problem being admin of them.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:38 am »

The way he made it sound sure seems like a job.  Afro

Are there no other US servers around?
Complaining about poor leadership is one thing, but it would be a lot easier and quicker to find a server not under Jmz's and Slash's responsibility.

I mean, look. Jmz is useless. And Slash himself even posted in this thread saying that he'd rather see the server die than be a proper ref.
That's just pure leadership qualities right there. Grin
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 01:28:58 am »

As a neutral position in the matter cause I have 0 issues with JmZ.. I believe its a bit more difficult to manage a server when you live in a European nation like JmZ does.

I just think if someone's an admin, they should put a little effort into the game. Not saying Slash doesn't.. but I think if he's to busy, or lacks the passion for effort, then wouldn't you think having another admin to assist wouldn't be so much to ask?

I know trust is a big factor in giving someone that right, so I don't know who would be up to the task. Having more time to put into something that you don't get paid for is hard to come by.. so find someone trustworthy to help you out in these matters.

There's a lot of little things that could be added to Leet to get it up to par. The gameplay experience is better on EU pub servers.. mainly because of the population. But there's a lot of other things.. such as a player joining the game midway through and receiving experience to make up for lost time.. that would a player isn't level 1 or 2.. etc. That alone makes me not want to join a match midway on Leet US because being a level 1 lego vs a level 9 pred puts me at a huge disadvantage.. so I just wait til the match is over. But if it's been going on for sometime.. it could end, and people will not play the next match. For some reason US players don't populate a match after a long one has just ended.

Sorry for the rambling. lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: