Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 04:07:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188624 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17944 Members
Latest Member: Dawnbringer
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Reboot Duel Server?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reboot Duel Server?  (Read 2344 times)
Nightmare

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:10:49 am »

Does it reset on it's own occassionally?

Because uhh...just a tip...don't load mods on the duel server...it doesn't work  Sad

/fail
Silent Killer
XR Developer, Newerth server admin

Working on N4B XR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 09:01:09 am »

No. but when it's empty it resets only world physics and master-mods configs

If your hands isn't in the ass, and you don't change configures of master-mods it will work fine.
Because what's is duel server? It's XR server with default world prefix duel_ it means that prefix-mods located in /game/mods/prefix will check duel_ prefix and if it found server will load duel configures so it will be duel Smiley . When your server does update all master and prefix mods configure resets and if you had change it, your server backup itself to xr default configure (maybe your mods will disappear Smiley but if your mod is integrated in savage like samurai wars nothing happen.).
-----------------------------------------
Translate for noobs
-----------------------------------------
When you download server files DON'T TOUCH IT  Shocked ! Delete all files in /game/world/. Copy this http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=1639 to /game/world/. Copy this magic text: set default_world duel_garden_d; to  XR_admin.cfg on line 1 .
DONE!! You have duel server!
How it works?
Your server have magic file located in /game/mods/prefix/duel.cfg - this file make your server run duel if it found in current map (duel_garden_d) duel_ prefix.
How to install mod on server?
Your server have magic folder named /game/python/triggers/library/ it contains most popular mods (server triggers).
To install any mod copy it from /game/python/triggers/library/ to /game/python/triggers/.
DONE!
How create server triggers?
Learn Python  Grin
How create mod like xr_N4B?
Learn file XR_admin.cfg (Groentjuh may help you, and I of course Smiley)
And modify commands in xr_admin.cfg  Grin
Modify /game/savage0.s2z (I can help) with 7-zip arch.
DONE!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:56:00 am by Silent Killer » Logged
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:26:00 pm »

i understand this.. but to the average person it reads "wtf" about 100x.

Wink

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
LazyFly

"Rebuild quick!" "But its so much effort..."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 12:52:16 pm »

I skimmed most of it not bothering to try. haha  Grin

Silent Killer
XR Developer, Newerth server admin

Working on N4B XR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 10:49:04 am »

i understand this.. but to the average person it reads "wtf" about 100x.

Wink
Updated
LazyFly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 09:27:43 pm »

Hey devs, i thought I'd just drop my question here rather than starting a whole new topic because the question kinda relates to this topic...

Ever since the 1.1 patch djinghis and i have had a lot of trouble getting his server running...
i asked djinghis ecactly what was wrong, he said: "the 1.1 patch f*cked it up, ask them to fix it on the forums..."

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is, but i think it comes down to the server not showing up on the server list. and direct connect doesn't work (we tried that).

I'm not complaining about the 1.1 patch, it seems great, but it has taken the ability to create private servers like djinghis' for players, especially Aussies who just wanna have a low ping duel every now and then.

Could someone please take a look into this?

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 09:38:05 pm »

Hey devs, i thought I'd just drop my question here rather than starting a whole new topic because the question kinda relates to this topic...

Ever since the 1.1 patch djinghis and i have had a lot of trouble getting his server running...
i asked djinghis ecactly what was wrong, he said: "the 1.1 patch f*cked it up, ask them to fix it on the forums..."

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is, but i think it comes down to the server not showing up on the server list. and direct connect doesn't work (we tried that).

I'm not complaining about the 1.1 patch, it seems great, but it has taken the ability to create private servers like djinghis' for players, especially Aussies who just wanna have a low ping duel every now and then.

Could someone please take a look into this?

I set up a private server for dueling 2 days ago and people could join it. I don't see any problem.

Did he open the right port for TCP and UDP? Default port should be 11235.
Then he should check out his public IP address: http://www.whatismyip.com/ ...and you connect to that one.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:46:05 pm by Nanaa » Logged
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 10:21:08 pm »

Speaking of duel servers:
  I would like to request duel_garden_d as a replacement for duel_garden_beta11 on Leet US Duels and the martial arenas. I need some practice on hills with uphill leap disabled for NSL.

LazyFly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 01:48:25 am »

Oh... i didn't know that Nanaa...
I'll let dj know about it, see if he can work something out. thanks for your response.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: