Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 11:57:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188539 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  FG Funpark
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FG Funpark  (Read 3066 times)
Crashday
XR Coder

soundcloud.com/bernhardfritz

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:30:09 am »

CT asked me to release the old FG Funpark server settings so here you go: [LINK]

The zip contains 3 folders:
- extreme is a modified version of the extreme mod which was played nearly all the time on FG Funpark server
- funparkrevival is a somewhat like the the old EU Funpark hosted by Cola with healing chiprels, mortar zizards and that stuff
- flyhigh is a mod also known as Quake-Mod. you can use launcher or fireball to get airbourne or to gain speed

Each folder contains all the files you need to run a savage linux server. To modify object related stuff simply edit the .s2z files in the /game subfolder. Passwords, server names and physics related stuff can be edited in the myconfig.cfg file in the /game subfolder.

Happy modding!

Silent Killer
XR Developer, Newerth server admin

Working on N4B XR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:44:33 am »

CT asked me to release the old FG Funpark server settings so here you go: [LINK]

The zip contains 3 folders:
- extreme is a modified version of the extreme mod which was played nearly all the time on FG Funpark server
- funparkrevival is a somewhat like the the old EU Funpark hosted by Cola with healing chiprels, mortar zizards and that stuff
- flyhigh is a mod also known as Quake-Mod. you can use launcher or fireball to get airbourne or to gain speed

Each folder contains all the files you need to run a savage linux server. To modify object related stuff simply edit the .s2z files in the /game subfolder. Passwords, server names and physics related stuff can be edited in the myconfig.cfg file in the /game subfolder.

Happy modding!
Very interesting! Afro
Maybe some features I will add to XR_n4b...
Crashday
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:36:11 pm »

don't hate me cos i bump this. but it would be awesome to have a "funpark" around again. if any server owner is willing to put this on, maybe it will make savage more interesting and bring back old players! servers with mods preinstalled can be downloaded from first post.

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:40 pm »

With the player base as low as it is, splitting it across two servers might be the final nail in the coffin. Better option might be to enable those mods as mod votes on Kingdom (and also Samurai!)

Lesser versions of these exteme mods could also be implemented as maps with scripts and object-file changes. Fun new weapons and units can be made simply by making object-file edits in a map's config files. It's  of course more limited than what an actual mod can do since you can't make or change an object's associated script file, but it would still offer a lot of options to create more varied gameplay.

I think I'll make an instagib map playable on Kingdom to demonstrate the object stuff after/if I'm done with a more standard comless map first.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:30:14 pm by KingKong_ » Logged
Crashday
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

how much effort is involved to transform a server mod into a client mod?

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 01:22:49 pm »

Better option might be to enable those mods as mod votes on Kingdom (and also Samurai!)
The issue with Samurai is that Samurai has own maps with the Samurai NPCs placed in the map. Normal maps will lose their NPCs. So Samurai as mod vote will not be very good!

The effort that is needed is not very much I believe. Get the modded-objects into savage0.s2z in a manner that objects are reused as much as possible and create mods/prefix and mods/master files for the mods. Also there is some mod-config in the savage0.s2z that needs to be created...

Basically just look how other mods work in the savage0.s2z and in mods/*

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: