Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 01:11:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188629 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17943 Members
Latest Member: Dawnbringer
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Savage XR Videos
| | |-+  Making Of Legacy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Making Of Legacy  (Read 24754 times)
H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 01:59:36 am »

According to my experience EU melee is on a significantly higher level than USA since early 2008, i.e. since around 6-7 years. Savage was released a half year earlier in the USA and had a much higher popularity than in Europe during EX2 times, so even after Savage going freeware it took a while until EU could catch up. My optimized "Martial Arts" server, duel_garden map, duel tutorial and newbie teaching effots certainly contributed to that, as it was my very first goal after becoming server admin in 2007, to bring good melee techniques to the masses and decrease the learning curve. Not very helpful was also that the US duel server kept the old map and unoptimized server settings for years and years after EU already had NPCs and fast respawn times. While US certainly had a bunch of exceptional duelists, the skill decline was much bigger than in the EU, where the average duel skill was much higher.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 06:12:00 am »

You guys are such great pals for proving my macro correct.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  Good call there Nostradumbass
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 10:51:20 am »

US has legends of its own

if you pick snotling, noone will argue

Emily

meow

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 10:10:53 am »

well good job! I can't wait for your next one  Afro

@Emiliy:

Thanks! I didn't spend too much time on it though. One month ago I would have never thought that I would ever finish this project. After all these years recording and cutting Savage videos was mostly routine, not much of a challenge. And I was busy with other projects, so I was about to give Legacy his demos back for someone else to create a frag movie out of it. However, one evening I was watching a video tutorial about After Effects and he started talking about Expressions. I was so freaking excited about these almost infinite possibilities that I instantly quit watching and went creating that Savage HUD for Legacy's video. 3 weeks later (with one week football championship break) the video was done and I could finally finish watching the tutorial.  Grin

PS.: my next Savage video - a video I started to work on back in 2007, but never finished - will be done in After Effects and Premiere in combination with SpeedGrade (instead of Sony Vegas). This new challenge is likely to keep me motivated until it's done.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 02:49:50 pm »

How is this HUD not in the game yet?

Tirza, please work your magic  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: