Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2018, 07:49:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189426 Posts in 10975 Topics by 18154 Members
Latest Member: Bowfire
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Mafia (play-by-post game)
| | | |-+  Mafia 3 - Fair play ain't dead - GAME OVER!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia 3 - Fair play ain't dead - GAME OVER!  (Read 150657 times)
Fat-Tony
King of Pizza

What I don't know is not worth knowing!

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:30 pm »

Well I don't know who the hell I should vote on! you are both blaming me to be mafia so I wanna slap both of you pizlo and dervun!  Undecided

I doubt you are both mafia, so I guess it's a 50/50 chance, I will take a few mins to think about it until I decide

Fat-Tony
King of Pizza

What I don't know is not worth knowing!

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 18, 2014, 06:49:14 pm »

I will trust Haku on this one aswell, he was right about valli so he might very well be right about you pizlo, he got a keen eye. so...

F1 pizlo

Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 18, 2014, 06:55:20 pm »

so now its 5 v 3
if pizlo was rlly mafia i wonder why there are only 2, one of them is confirmed townie.
so unless mafia wants to get pizlo killed/switch votes at last second it seems like he is innocent

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 18, 2014, 06:56:32 pm »

if pizlo was rlly mafia i wonder why there are only 2, one of them is confirmed townie.
*why there are only 2 voting with him, when one of them is a confirmed townie

Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 18, 2014, 07:12:36 pm »

no comment eh?

Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 18, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »

btw skuggi what was your role name again?
still waiting, pls give exact name dont quote

happy
Oschore Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 18, 2014, 07:34:46 pm »

Nobody loves me tenderly
thats why i said its going nowhere... he already said it  Afro

Oh well, I didn't think he actually quoted it. Nvm, then.

It looks like it's Haku and Dervun against Nobody and Pizlo. Pretty much everyone agrees on that point. I want to introduce another option we might take.

8 People still alive, three of them are cheaters. I consider Zack, Skuggi and myself as townie, so there are 5 people left, 3 of them are cheaters. There are propably two cheaters in the Pizlo, Nobody, Haku and Dervun system. That leaves one remaining cheater, Fat-Tony.

This is pretty much avoiding the conflict, but it gives us time.
F2 Dervun
F1 Fat-Tony
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 18, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »

For the first time since the beginning of this ordeal, every single one of the players cast their vote. Unsurprisingly after being stuck with each other for so long, they took sides. They tried to make good their purpose, but as the round was drawing to an end, the dice had already been cast.

When Fat-Tony sealed the deal by putting the last nail in Pizlo's coffin, an eerie silence fell over the morbid lan-party. From behind them, DJ had a moment of disbelief. This was so unexpected, but by God, he's gonna make it right...

...meanwhile, Skuggi was beginning to grow restless in his chair...

Almost in slow motion, DJ reluctantly checked the bullets in his AK-47 clip. He pinched out the excess rounds and faced the petrified crowd...

...but as he was approaching the players, Skuggi managed to break free of the straps binding him to this chair, and leaped behind DJ. With a swift backstabbing motion, he knocked a surprised DJ off balance, just enough to grab his rifle. He pointed the gun at the audience and vented out years worth of frustration:

"You fools! All this time you thought i was the good guy, enforcing rules and protecting the fair players! Even Groentjuh was caught in my web of lies, making me in charge with the refs on his server! But you shall now see the true face of Skuggi! Bow before me, bow before the master of Savage, the master of Newerth, THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE! Mwahahahahahahaha :evillaugh:" Skuggi said, and precisely aimed bullets started killing the innocents. First Pizlo died, then happy died, then Nobody died. He left Zack last but Skuggi dispatched of him with an evil grin on his face: "We couldn't have done it without you!". And then he turned to Hakugei, which had been quiet for quite a while: "Your application is successful! Welcome to Hax0rz!"

As the rifle nozzle was turning towards DJ, the uselessness of his decade old endeavors presented to him in all its majesty. The last round in the chamber put poor DJ out of his misery, his feeling of incommensurable emptiness being too much to bear. Before fading into oblivion, a lingering thought was crawling the deepest corners of his mind: "Oh well, another decade under a ruthless tyrant!"

Pizlo, Map Maker, is kicked by the players.
happy, Server Owner, is executed.
Nobody, Commander, is executed.
Zackorrigan, God Referee, is executed.

5 Pizlo: Dervun, Hakugei, Zackorrigan, Skuggi, Fat-Tony
3 Dervun: Pizlo, happy, Nobody

Hax0rz WIN!
(Skuggi - Comm Exploiter, Dervun - Speed-Hacker, Fat-Tony - Aimbot User, featuring Hakugei - Multiclanner)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:33:44 pm by Daemon » Logged

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 18, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »

Players
Moxy - You are a game developer. Each warm-up, you can use your detection scripts to analyse the behavior of a player, finding out whatever bits and pieces of info you can without actually breaking your strict ethical code.

Envious - You are a referee. Once per game, you can use a script to stop a vote and save a player from a kick. Before the round ends, you send to me the name of a player. Even if he has enough votes for a kick at the deadline, he'll live.

Jazzking - You are a referee. Each warm-up, you can use a script to chiprel a player, effectively blocking all his abilities during warm-up. You cannot pick the same player twice in a row.

Zackorrigan - You are a god referee. At one time during the game, while in warm-up, you can use a script to kick and perma-ban a player you choose, removing him from the game. Also, if the server owner dies, you may take over some of his duties.

Pizlo - You are a map maker. Each warm-up you can check the output of the map trigger scripts in the map being played, and find out the names of every player that entered your target players' range during warm-up.

happy - You are the server owner. During warm-up, you can use python to check if the player you target used any scripts during the last round. Additionally, once per game you can extend time, adding 24 hours to the current round.

Nobody - You are a player. You were elected commander, so you have everyone's respect. This way, your vote counts as tiebreaker vote in case of draws. Also, you can send players voice chat messages during warm-up. You do that by sending me the name of your target and a message, up to 5 words, and i'll deliver it at the end of warm-up. It can be anything.

Kraise - You are a team player. Because of your generous nature, you decided that instead of losing team mates, you would rather die yourself, drawing enemy fire, so that they can live instead. During each warm-up you can protect one player, losing your life if he were to be the target of a successful warm-up attack. When you want to use your ability, send me that player's name.

Tinki - You are a newbie player and you are only able to use healers to build some experience. You can attempt to protect a player each night, your chances of success growing by 10% with each round you survive. You start at 10%.

Gridfon - You are a player. Having been promoted to officer, you also gained the ability to change the target of a player during warm-up. You can do it 3 times. When you want to, send me the name of 2 players: if player A would use any NTA during that warm-up, player B will become his target. (Player A will receive notice of his target change.)

Mind - You are a stacker. You try to stay close to players that you consider to be strong. Each warm-up you may send the name of a player you wanna follow, and this way you get to see if your target had warm-up activity.

UnSaFe - You are a nicklamer. Each warm-up you may temporarily change your name to another player's. When that happens, there are 50% chances that each action targeting him will target you instead, and the other way around.

Feathers - You are a flamer. You are so annoying, that people you get in fights with are compelled to vote for you instead of their previous choice. In warm-up, you can start 3 fights with no consequences for yourself, but if you insist on going through with a 4th one, you will be kicked at the end of the round.

Psycho
Valli - You are the person behind the famous "wololo" incidents. Your goal? Simple: eliminate everybody else, regardless if they're fair players or cheaters or whatever! You are a separate faction and you win when you are the only one left standing (generally this means being left with one other Player that cannot kill you during warm-up/night). You can use each of the 2 scripts you have, once per game: 1. To flood a player's IP during warm-up and remove him from the game; 2. To reboot the server, cutting a day short and forcing the next warm-up period to begin, as soon as i receive your decision. You can send to me your decision during the game round you want to stop.

Mafia Spy
Hakugei - You are a lame multiclanner. You actually are just a step away from joining the hax0rz clan. As an innitiation ritual and as proof of your shady talents, before accepting you in their clan, they had you undergo a trial by posing as fair player with a mod-free client, while doing their dirty bidding nonetheless: for a total of 3 times during warm-up, you can change accounts, effectively canceling all the actions of players targeting you (your old account). The goal: hax0r victory. You count as a normal player (townie) but you win when the hax0rz win. They know who you are, but you do not know who they are. (Unknown to him and Hax0rz: his application would be cut short and he would fully join them when and if there would only be 1 mafia remaining.

Hax0rz
   While there is plenty of lameness and otherwise shitty behaviour coming from many players, you dirty bunch took it a step further, by shamelessly cheating and turning your game clients into installs full of illegal mods and scripts. The purpose? Obvious: winning at all cost. Each warm-up (which is what nights are called in this game), you send me the name of a player you want to kill, and the name of one of your team mates that will carry on the attack. He will do that by going to his target and actually killing him ingame. As dying ingame equals dying IRL, your warm-up attack target will be removed from the game. The person doing the killing will not be able to perform his regular warm-up power during the warm-up period he attacks. You win when you attain majority or when Players do not have the means to kickvote you during the rounds (=days) or kill you in warm-up.
   You also have a new applicant: Hakugei. He does not know who you are but his goal is to help you win. You do not know what his skills are. As far as numbers go, he still counts as a townie, unless his trial is over, under certain undisclosed circumstances.
   Always use REPLY ALL e-mail function and always make sure you include me in your CC recipients. Although i will be reading everything you discuss, and reply when you need help or you ask me questions. i will not consider the targets you send me unless in proper format and standing out of the body of text in your e-mails. Preferably separate messages. (Name, Role, Action, Target).

Skuggi - You are the hax0rz clan leader. You are the one sending to me the warm-up kill target and the team mate that does it therefore you also have veto power in this matter. Also, because you're a lame comm exploiter, during each warm-up, you can place a building on top of a player, completely blocking his warm-up abilities. You cannot pick the same player twice consecutively. Additionally, for one warm-up alone, you can bail on your team, moving to spec, which has 2 consequences: 1. your team will not be able to send a warm-up kill target and 2. you will be immune to everything during that particular warm-up period.

Arjey - You are a wall hacker. When you enable your scripts, you can track a player's movement during warm-up, thus obtaining information about the way your target acted.

Dervun - You are a speed hacker. Your scripts increase your melee speed, once per game, boosting your chances to kill any player to 100%. When you decide to do it, you are the only one that actually uses his warm-up ability when designated as the hax0rz killer. You can do regular attacks before and after, as well.

Riddick
- You are an insta healer. Your scripts allow you to protect your team mates during 3 warm-ups, by drawing enemy fire and insta-healing with one of your 3 medkits in case of warm-up attacks. When you want to, you send me the name of you team mate that you want to protect.

Fat-Tony - You are an aimbot user. Because of your scripts, you can make an untraceable ranged attack once per game. It counts as an extra attack, in addition to your normal warm-up kills, which you may not be the one performing it during the same exact warm-up. But because your script needs time to calibrate, you can only use it after 3 full games have finished. (Fat-Tony's extra kill was removed in order to balance the kicking of 3 townies vs. 1 mafia, 1 townie more than the 'golden ratio of balance' of 2 townis per 1 mafias.)

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 18, 2014, 08:34:43 pm »

For POST GAME TALKS, go here:

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,17153.120.html#bot

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: