Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2018, 07:45:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189426 Posts in 10975 Topics by 18154 Members
Latest Member: Bowfire
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Mafia (play-by-post game)
| | | |-+  Mafia 3 - Fair play ain't dead - SIGN-UP and POST-GAME
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia 3 - Fair play ain't dead - SIGN-UP and POST-GAME  (Read 38221 times)
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:28 pm »

@jazzking
It's never made clear from the get-go if the psycho role is there or not - it's always a "possibility".

It's precisely this possibility which I didn't know of. I'm not saying I didn't know that there would be a psycho, I'm saying I didn't know that there even might be. I hold myself and other townies responsible for the loss. Still, the game had some unwritten truths which some knew and others didn't, but could easily have been made explicit.

I only bring this up because Daemon wondered how we could not realize Valli was psycho.

Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »

Well, a brief look at the roles of previous games Daemon held here would reveal that there has always been a third faction before. And there is no need to read much, as all roles are available in the single post once the game has ended.

Besides, even in the real-life mafia games such roles are possible. Although, they are most often weird loner roles. For instance, one can have an "alien" role. The alien wins if he first gets killed during the night, and then gets lynched the next day. However, in the real-life games you usually announce all roles before starting the game. That does not make much sense in the forum mafia.

I guess, I would expect anything from forum mafia at this point. For instance, I was recently asking Daemon whether it would be reasonable to have multiple competing mafia factions in the same game. But then, ok, there's not much difference from "psycho". You can consider psycho to be an extra mafia faction consisting on 1 guy... Or more than 1 when Daemon had a team of 2-3 psychos in the past.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:45:34 pm by Gridfon » Logged
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2014, 07:42:47 pm »

I kinda felt that I fucked it up with my role claim in the end I aggree I should've been way more aggressive at that point, however I am unsure if that would've worked.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2014, 10:37:06 pm »

Well, a brief look at the roles of previous games Daemon held here would reveal that there has always been a third faction before. And there is no need to read much, as all roles are available in the single post once the game has ended.

Fair enough. I will just have to bide my time for Mafia 4  Evil

-Remi

Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2014, 11:10:40 pm »

Fair enough. I will just have to bide my time for Mafia 4  Evil

when will that be?

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2014, 07:45:20 am »

Indeed, valli was already in a precarious position, so attacking someone else aggressively may have made things worse.
Eyes weren't exactly on him until I forcefully pointed them on him.

I've seen enough psychos in my time; they're not so rare.
But I've never really seen a real fully-fledged third faction, e.g. Masons, much less been a part of it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: