Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2017, 08:23:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
187588 Posts in 10787 Topics by 17795 Members
Latest Member: magobende
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  The authentication server seems to be offline (stats & Clan management will be u
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The authentication server seems to be offline (stats & Clan management will be u  (Read 4995 times)
StitcH

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:01:43 pm »

The authentication server seems to be offline (stats & Clan management will be unavailable).   Undecided

when I'm putting my username and password, after I forget that appears on the screen

look at a photo that appears on my screen:

http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t475/thalysonpb/?action=view&current=savageerror_zpsa63aca07.jpg

help me. Please
StitcH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:31:53 pm »

Ahh, so this and this error appearing with the new savage 1.0
 Sad                                           Sad
because the former is normal rc3 can enter in my username normally without problems
Faun
carn =/= hax
XR Dev Helper

Hear a flute in the forest...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »

Should be a temporary issue of the server itself, that has nothing to do with your client. Maybe someone else can confirm that Auth was down in that time, when I was online yesterday everything was normal.
So, don't panic it's temporary and nothing wrong on your side. Auth server helps to fight cheating so its a good thing, just give the devs the time to make it work perfectly.

StitcH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:19:53 pm »

:|if I can do and expect? 2 days that this has so..  Cry
Faun
carn =/= hax
XR Dev Helper

Hear a flute in the forest...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »

hmm, Auth is working normally for me right now. Sorry but that is indeed something that seems to be client-related(Your side).  Sad That beats me, I have no clue either what to do about this. Hopefully someone with a better advice looks in here soon. Afro

StitcH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »

Sad  Hmm I also changed my internet (but also before ja tava with this error with the old internet) Help me  Cry
StitcH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 01:53:54 am »

Philip said he also is having the same error on Savage XR  Huh
StitcH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 10:41:57 pm »

Not until today nothing got the error keeps popping up when I write my loggin and password  Sad
SavageBeard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:20:47 pm »

I also have this, it's kind of annoying. Anyone know what could be the issue? RC3 worked fine.
StitcH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 06:12:52 pm »

Error resolved successfully: I asked for my internet provider to release the port 1025 and released now I can play without error 1.0  Smiley  Grin  Afro
SavageBeard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:00 pm »

So my internet provider doesn't seem to be able to solve this!

Is there any way for the auth server to connect via other ports, some way you can solve it on your end? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem either.

I want an icon and stats !  Cheesy

Arjey
English's Peasant
Newerth Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »

Yo,

maybe some ports of your router aren't opened which the auth server has to connect you. As StitcH said he had to open port 1025. Could be that exactly that port isnt open for you Tongue
If you have a Xbox you should know that problem, some ppl do not have every port open and due to that they do not have a open NAT, preventing to be able to connect to a few other players Wink

Ports normally can be opened in your router settings (NAT options - NAT and port rules or smth).
Google will help for sure Smiley

Dunno if this has anything to do with that problem but sounds reasonable for me considering StitcHes post!

Somebody with more knowledge of that, slap me if im wrong Cheesy!

SavageBeard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »

Yo,

maybe some ports of your router aren't opened which the auth server has to connect you. As StitcH said he had to open port 1025. Could be that exactly that port isnt open for you Tongue
If you have a Xbox you should know that problem, some ppl do not have every port open and due to that they do not have a open NAT, preventing to be able to connect to a few other players Wink

Ports normally can be opened in your router settings (NAT options - NAT and port rules or smth).
Google will help for sure Smiley

Dunno if this has anything to do with that problem but sounds reasonable for me considering StitcHes post!

Somebody with more knowledge of that, slap me if im wrong Cheesy!

I'm pretty sure I'm not using a router myself, I just have the modem between the computer and the wall connection. I called my ISP anyhow and they said they don't limit trafic on their end, so they weren't able to release any ports like Stitch did.

So, I'm basically clueless as to what the problem is. It worked with RC3. I've tried to shut off the fire wall, to make special exceptions in the fire wall for the specific ports, to shut off the anti virus but nothing works, still the same error.

If anyone has any additional ideas, I'd be grateful.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:39:18 pm »

Those modems DO act as routers - even if only for 1 port, yours. To test if they're blocking ports, do a simple test: start XR, host a game (console "~", type "world eden2"), then open this address: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and enter port 11235 in the port field next to your IP. It should be open. If it's not, it means that your modem or ISP or firewall are definitely blocking your ports. If 11235 is open, but you still can't authenticate, then it's possible that some other application is using the port 1025 that XR needs. You can test that using a telnet client. In WinXP for instance, hit start/run, type 'cmd' then Enter, and type 'netstat -a' command. In that list you're getting you should find 1025 and see if there's a connection open on that port.

SavageBeard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:05 am »

Those modems DO act as routers - even if only for 1 port, yours. To test if they're blocking ports, do a simple test: start XR, host a game (console "~", type "world eden2"), then open this address: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and enter port 11235 in the port field next to your IP. It should be open. If it's not, it means that your modem or ISP or firewall are definitely blocking your ports. If 11235 is open, but you still can't authenticate, then it's possible that some other application is using the port 1025 that XR needs. You can test that using a telnet client. In WinXP for instance, hit start/run, type 'cmd' then Enter, and type 'netstat -a' command. In that list you're getting you should find 1025 and see if there's a connection open on that port.

Thanks! It's listed as open in the site you linked.

I ran the the netstat -a command while Savage was running and it's listed twice:
Protocol: TCP  Local adress: 0.0.0.0:11235   External adress: My-computer:0  Status: Listening
Protocol: UDP Local adress: 0.0.0.0:11235 External adress: *;* Status: (just a blank space)

If I run the netstat -a command without Savage running, then the port doesn't show up anywhere.

So... I'm not sure what's up. The way I interpret it is that there's no other program using the port, and it should be open.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:58:19 am by SavageBeard » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: