Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 06:45:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188539 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Report: XR 1.0 Feedback (Bugs and Issues)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report: XR 1.0 Feedback (Bugs and Issues)  (Read 28443 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »

Crucial gameplay bugs that really needs to be sorted out.

(ONLY WITH BEAST BUFFS afaik)Buffs are not always showing up when opponents get them, this is a crucial gameplay bug.

(LEGIONAIRRE ONLY)fake hits that comes after first hit, doesn't happen all the time but quite often and it ruins switching between items.

not a real bug, but why are items so slow to switch between when using numbers? they are way faster when using mousewheel.

Missing animation on beast units in general when they are striking.

Players randomly gets swapped with the commander into the comm seat, no matter what team they are on - thus making the "real" commander get kicked out of his seat at the beginning of the game.

Sixth sense does nothing, its a useless item at the moment, revert back to normal?

addbuddy minimap icon showing up when the buddy is on the other team, which can be abused.

if you have the name ball, you will be shown up as a ball on the minimap.

revive bug, you try to revive but nothing but the animation happens and you can be killed during the animation

sacrifice used to be a lot more visible when its used, bring that back?

Any attempts at fixing issue that rely on client-server communication is useless. XR client has the latest updates, while G&G uses an outdated netcode present in its old server bins. At least 6th sense not working is because of that. Others, if not most, may be too. When adding the hax detection measures, XR wasn't meant to still work with outdated servers, therefore there were never performed any tests for such occurrences.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:36:17 pm by Daemon » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

(ONLY WITH BEAST BUFFS afaik)Buffs are not always showing up when opponents get them, this is a crucial gameplay bug.
You mean the circle below them? When has this started to occur?

(LEGIONAIRRE ONLY)fake hits that comes after first hit, doesn't happen all the time but quite often and it ruins switching between items.
You mean hitting the attack/use button (left mouse) before it finished switching? Thus canceling the switching because you're attacking again?

not a real bug, but why are items so slow to switch between when using numbers? they are way faster when using mousewheel.
They use the same functions, so I'd be surprised if there's a clear difference. Shocked What are the times for both?

Yeah, lag and sync issues. Always been in Savage. Sad

Players randomly gets swapped with the commander into the comm seat, no matter what team they are on - thus making the "real" commander get kicked out of his seat at the beginning of the game.
Gridfon told me about this one. It sometimes (randomly) happens to both teams at the same time. But he couldn't give me any useful information to reproduce the bug and thus pinpoint it. I need someone to tell me when exactly it happens.

Sixth sense does nothing, its a useless item at the moment, revert back to normal?
G&G is running an old version and refuses to update. Go complain to Groent; that bug is entirely his fault. Afro
Also, Groent knows that his old version is causing it. Smiley And still refuses.

addbuddy minimap icon showing up when the buddy is on the other team, which can be abused.
If I'm not mistaken, "addbuddy" does not add the other person to your minimap. If I were to "addbuddy Shagroth" (who is on the enemy team), I wouldn't be able to see him - he'd be able to see me. (So you can't actually abuse it. :p) So, you're asking for addbuddy to reset after each match, right?

Already fixed in the code, but Groent refuses to use XR1.0 - so no new update.

revive bug, you try to revive but nothing but the animation happens and you can be killed during the animation
I remember a bug like this from a long time ago. Can you give me more info, though?

When was this "used to be" period? Because the only visibility that sac offers is an attached model that hasn't been touched in a very long time. Also, this isn't an actual bug; you're just wishing for more visibility. :p I suggest you or someone make a suggestion as to what graphic/effect you want in place of it.

I'll generally fix any reasonable bug reports (even though I'm not responsible anymore), but a lot of the bug fixes won't matter as long as G&G is out-dated. I hope you're aware of that. Thanks for the bug report(s).
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2013, 10:50:16 pm »

yes, and i didn't really notice this untill a few days ago.

You mean hitting the attack/use button (left mouse) before it finished switching? Thus canceling the switching because you're attacking again?
this occurs after a hit is finished and you try to swap to an item after block.
They use the same functions, so I'd be surprised if there's a clear difference. Shocked What are the times for both?
try it yourself, try swapping fast inbetween items with numbers, you'll see the limit of how fast you can do it is quite slow.
then compare it to wheel.
Yeah, lag and sync issues. Always been in Savage. Sad
yus, nothing i expect to be fixed :p

Gridfon told me about this one. It sometimes (randomly) happens to both teams at the same time. But he couldn't give me any useful information to reproduce the bug and thus pinpoint it. I need someone to tell me when exactly it happens.
it happens at the start of games, 1 time it happened multiple times to 1 certain player.
G&G is running an old version and refuses to update. Go complain to Groent; that bug is entirely his fault. Afro
Also, Groent knows that his old version is causing it. Smiley And still refuses.
noted
If I'm not mistaken, "addbuddy" does not add the other person to your minimap. If I were to "addbuddy Shagroth" (who is on the enemy team), I wouldn't be able to see him - he'd be able to see me. (So you can't actually abuse it. :p) So, you're asking for addbuddy to reset after each match, right?
addbuddy will show you the buddy icon(red) instead of the red dot on the minimap,
therefore knowing where your prime target is whenever he enters your maps vision.

not asking for a reset, just asking not to end up on the enemies map as a special icon Tongue
Already fixed in the code, but Groent refuses to use XR1.0 - so no new update.
ok
I remember a bug like this from a long time ago. Can you give me more info, though?
i believe it happens when you leap and land too far away from the target you want to revive(never seen it happen to chaplains)
When was this "used to be" period? Because the only visibility that sac offers is an attached model that hasn't been touched in a very long time. Also, this isn't an actual bug; you're just wishing for more visibility. :p I suggest you or someone make a suggestion as to what graphic/effect you want in place of it.
yeah this is no bug sorry, more colors so newbies can see that there's something special going on when he activates/sees someone activate it(to understand easier)

I'll generally fix any reasonable bug reports (even though I'm not responsible anymore), but a lot of the bug fixes won't matter as long as G&G is out-dated. I hope you're aware of that. Thanks for the bug report(s).

sweet! hopefully it will be resolved.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:54:43 pm by Shagroth » Logged

djinghis
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 10:20:12 am »

Seems to be a newerth bug (sorry for posting here) - but it seems that if not all posts quote and quote apons quotes  Wink
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2013, 10:33:03 am »

addbuddy will show you the buddy icon(red) instead of the red dot on the minimap,
therefore knowing where your prime target is whenever he enters your maps vision.

not asking for a reset, just asking not to end up on the enemies map as a special icon Tongue

This only happens with me if six sense or a sensor happens to detect you.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 05:29:03 pm »

yes, and i didn't really notice this untill a few days ago.
Then I hope we're talking about the same bug that has been there since the implementation of this buff circle feature. :p Otherwise I might be chasing a ghost.

this occurs after a hit is finished and you try to swap to an item after block.
Bobbe says he knows which bug you mean and confirms that he has it too. But as he tried to reproduce it to show me, he couldn't do it. Undecided So I still don't know what you mean. Did you record it (since you livestream) or got a demorecord?

try it yourself, try swapping fast inbetween items with numbers, you'll see the limit of how fast you can do it is quite slow.
It does feel different, when you spam them.
Which makes no sense, as the two functions are too similar to make a difference. Grin

Fixed.

more colors so newbies can see that there's something special going on when he activates/sees someone activate it(to understand easier)
But someone still needs to make a suggestion what to change it to. Afro Either talk it out with some newbies (maybe even find a modder that can help you visualize it) or post a re-balance suggestion in the correct section and have people discuss it there. In the end, someone needs to make the decision how it should look. (Before a dev can add/change it.)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2013, 06:01:39 pm »

After plenty tests and code exploring, I have fixed the problem.

However, keep in mind that there is an innate delay (150ms) for BOTH options (I did not change that; that was there before already). So if you try to switch quicker than that (which generally means spam :p), you still won't switch. But it won't get "stuck" anymore (albeit, feel better) after repetition. I won't remove the delay; it's there for a reason. It is however debatable if reducing the delay is a good idea or not.
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 05:00:17 pm »

the fake hit bug doesn't show up on demos, i just had it and it didn't show up.
i don't livestream cause i can't use fullscreen and the windowed version of sav is just not usable(which is where the stream finally shows up)

there's no good way to reproduce it, sometimes it happens a lot sometimes it doesn't.
but it is super annoying.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2013, 12:30:45 pm »

xr_duel_maps don't work in XR 1.0.

xr 1.0 recognises the xr_duel_tag, loads duel, then looks further for a tag and sees xr_ and loads standard RTSS mode instead of duel.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
djinghis
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2013, 12:44:16 pm »

xr_duel maps require the command sv_duelserver 1 in the cfg file apon launching for them to work without the prefix (duel). If thats present then its a new bug im not aware of.
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »

xr_****_ mods do not load properly:
Let me show you what happens in the example below.
We have a server loading the map xr_duel_show with prefix mods(loaded in this order):
ts_duel_
ts_
xr_duel_
xr_

Savage will first try to find ts_duel_ which it will not find,
then ts_ which also doesn't match.
then xr_duel_ which will match so it will be loaded
then xr_ will still be found after finding xr_duel_
The xr_ mod settings will overrule the xr_duel_ mod settings resulting in xr_.

There are 2 possible fixes.
Option 1: The mod with the longest prefix wins it from short prefix mods. This will give the correct behavior no matter in what order mods are loaded by the server. Incase the length is the same, the mod that is loaded last should win, which results in following Pseudocode
Code:
previouslyFoundModPrefixLength = 0;
foreach mod in mods {
    if (mod prefix matches begin of mapname && previouslyFoundModPrefixLength >= mod.prefix.length) {
        loadMod()
        previouslyFoundModPrefixLength = mod.prefix.length
    }
}

The quicker fix is stop searching after the first mod is found. Server admin do not need to change their settings(UNLESS they used option #2 at temporary fix!), but the order mods are loaded will still be important.

Option 2: re-order execution of mod files in server_maps_lookup.cfg. This however isn't possible for the AU to do, because it is a config file. The template could be updated and the serveradmins noticed to move the ts_ and xr_ before the ts/xr_duel mods.

PS. why do xr_ maps have XR version tags and normal maps XR1.0 version tags?

Bug 2:
The referee python commands can not be used on players with spaces in their name. Everything after the space is not sent to python.

In svr_main.cpp you will find this:
Code:
if (stricmp(argv[0], "python")==0)
{
if (argc > 1)
Python_Execute(pysRefs_Execute, "is", client->index, argv[1]);
else
SV_ClientEcho(client->index, "^ySyntax: /ref python command");
return;
}
argv[1] only contains parts of the command without spaces. I believe
Code:
MergeArgs(argc-1, &argv[1])
should be used OR the whole argv array without the first part (argv[0] which contains only the word 'python'). I believe the latter solution might be the best.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2013, 07:25:04 pm »

xr_****_ mods do not load properly:
I'll take care of it.

PS. why do xr_ maps have XR version tags and normal maps XR1.0 version tags?
Probably an oversight, I'll tell Daemon.

Bug 2:
The referee python commands can not be used on players with spaces in their name. Everything after the space is not sent to python.
I'll take a look at that.
(Why don't you actually fix it yourself and commit the code fix? You clearly understand it and have access.)

I won't right away, as I'm busy right now.
But it should be done tonight.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:17:47 pm by Hakugei » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »

Fixed Bug1 - mod loading/overwriting.
No server admin should ever have to change the config file now.
(Longest prefix dominates.)

Fixed Bug2 - /ref python only using 1 arg.
Use as many spaces as you want/need.

And Daemon took care of xr_ showing up as only XR. (Also xr_duel.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:49:26 pm by Hakugei » Logged
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:50 pm »

Originally posted on XR Testing area:
I've gotten this bug for past 3 or 4 weeks:

Sometimes after I die and I am in loadout screen buying unit and stuff, my character seems to stay as nomad/scavenger with empty inventory no matter what I buy. When I spawn I got the unit and items which I paid for... and when I go back to spawnpoint, loadout screen looks like it should. (my preset is usually set to "last" if it has anything to do with this)

Here's now video proof: http://youtu.be/g45glLPCwCc?t=44s
Same video, another moment: http://youtu.be/g45glLPCwCc?t=16m

Btw, I've tested that it has nothing do with presets.

Brighty's comments on this bug:
I get this occasionally too, doesn't seem to be any real pattern to when it happens though. Also, sometimes the spawn button in the loadout screen stops working, but when I press menu I spawn.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:02 pm »

The question is if it ever happened since Sunday's update. Before that, there were mismatching netcode versions running on 1.0 and G&G.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: