Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2017, 01:30:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
187968 Posts in 10818 Topics by 17826 Members
Latest Member: Redfire Ae
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Report: XR 1.0 Feedback (Bugs and Issues)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report: XR 1.0 Feedback (Bugs and Issues)  (Read 26313 times)
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Newerth Council
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 06:02:02 am »

Please report here bugs and issues you may have with the newly released XR 1.0.
(If you have problems starting the game do not post here, please search the forum first)

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:57:34 pm »

hmm im not sure about this but i got a widescreen monitor and i have the setting increase fov set on. yet when i check cl_fov its always set to 90, now i can manual increase it to 120 using the cvar in the console, yet everytime i spectate someone it goes back to 90....

im on the XR testing client but im sure they the same atm. will test on 1.0 client.

tested and same issue
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:14:00 pm by Moxy » Logged

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:33 pm »

Tested mac Savage at work (this one: newerth.com/1.0).

Things I noticed during the 10 minutes I played the game:
- When trying to change the resolution the whole HUD turns white (no textures)
- Shaders on buildings are broken
- When pressing Shift and TAB at the same time the game crashes

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
SavageBeard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »

Can't login to the authentication server, it says it's down. Tried to turn off the fire wall to no avail. The old client RC3 worked fine.
NetSky
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:12:13 pm »

Can't change HUD interface to Legacy - game stop respond.  can move mouse and console working. Win7x64
in console:
Reloading GUI...
_race is "beast"
_race is "beast"

If i terminate game in task manager HUD is back to HiRes but if type exit in console it will be changed to Legacy
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:15:18 pm by NetSky » Logged
Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:20:24 pm »

I'm not sure who is responsible for changing this, but the Rules in the Rules Panel do not match exactly with the ones listed on the Server Forum (at least for Leet's, I don't know about G&G).  I just don't want to be trying to enforce a rule and have discrepancies between the two lists cause a disagreement.  I am a work and can't fire up the game to see what they say, but I remember these:

- In game says that Commands may not spawn as siege units at all whereas the forum version says that they my spawn siege to defend SH/Lair.  This could definitely lead to problems.

- In game does not specify which siege units can and cannot camp where by the forum rules it explicitly named Behes and Catas as the only units not allowed to camp.  As many players camp with Lista and Summ as a habit (myself included) because it has traditionally been allowed on Leet's, this difference in printing could lead to some confusion.

I think there was another major difference I noticed, but I can't recall it at the moment.  It seems like it would make the most sense to just cut and paste the rules from forums to the in game panel to avoid confusion, but that's not my call to make.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:21:45 pm »

It's server owners' job to define the rules displayed for their servers.

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 01:12:41 am »

Default rules are g&g's rules since EvO's And Groentjuh use the same rules, better give a heads up to your server admin as Daemon stated Smiley

Mulch Diggums

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:42:13 pm »

hm i got a big problem. since the XR-update from the autoupdater, i can't even start the game anymore. can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »

Something might have gone wrong while updating, connection loss, computer spaz out. I'd strongly recommend reinstalling as it's the only possible solution i've found to that situation, and if updating is a general problem, after installing your client use the silverback.exe instead savage.exe

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

Is the Mac version of XR 1.0 coming out soon?

Skull Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 10:15:58 pm »

first of all - THANK YOU A LOT FOR XR!!!  Afro Smiley

feedback - plz return ranks like "swift ninja" in stats

PS 1 more time - thx for XR Smiley  well done!
a simple facade
im in ur base, killin ur buildinz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 01:58:42 am »

As silly as it may sound, is there a way to revert back to the old graphics/models? XR's updated graphics have been causing a significant FPS drop for me, and it happens even if I'm on a local server alone by myself.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 08:25:27 am »

The new models alone (like the replacement trees) would not account for your significant FPS drop under any circumstances, so you would have to make sure that the settings are the same as before. For instance, the shaders, the grass, the sun, and most importantly, the FOV setting:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:28:30 am by Daemon » Logged

Mulch Diggums

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 06:36:31 pm »

Something might have gone wrong while updating, connection loss, computer spaz out. I'd strongly recommend reinstalling as it's the only possible solution i've found to that situation, and if updating is a general problem, after installing your client use the silverback.exe instead savage.exe
lol
i deleted sav, redownloaded it, and let Norton Internet Security 2011 analyse the installer and Norton delets it because it's not secure. why is that? i will not reinstall it as long as norton tells me it's not secure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: