Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 11:34:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The RC3 Client is out now! Download it now!
177765 Posts in 10117 Topics by 16550 Members
Latest Member: xGoldust
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Mafia (play-by-post game)
| | | |-+  Mafia 2 - Healers' War - GAME OVER
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia 2 - Healers' War - GAME OVER  (Read 50734 times)
Tjens
a nerd with actual balls
Global Moderator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 25, 2012, 02:59:12 pm »

+1 tinki from me

Faun
carn =/= hax
XR Developer

Hear a flute in the forest...

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »

Well I guess keeping my vote on Tjens doesn't make any sense. F2 Tjens. Since Envious is over the count for deadline lynch anyway and theres no need for an instant lynch as I see, I keep it with that. Still I'm nosey what this evening will bring...

Gridfon
Empty Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:23 pm »

7 votes for deadline lynch
10 votes for instant lynch
Envious has 7 votes.

Current votes:
Dervun: Envious ->
Envious: Valli -> Tinki ->
Mind: Envious -> Tinki -> Envious
Faun: Sasuke -> Arjey -> Tinki -> --- -> Tjens -> ---
Leodasvacas: F3 -> Tinki
Valli: Envious -> Tinki -> F3 -> Envious
Feathers: Sasuke -> Envious
Arjey: Envious -> Tinki -> Envious -> F3 (invalid vote) -> Envious
Skuggi: Envious
Mopok: Arjey
Moxy: Tinki -> Envious -> --- -> Envious
WinterFresh: Tinki
Tjens: Tinki
ENvIouS
Newerth Referees (EU)

Fly with me...

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:11 pm »

One last thing I would like to bring to light which I'm still curious about. Why would a townie force Dervun to vote for me when he was going to vote for me today anyways? He clearly said he thought I was the most suspicious several times. And why would a mafia force someone to vote for a mafia? So maybe the vote force is a lie (so that Dervun isn't questioned on why he is so adamant about me) meaning that Dervun might of investigated me?
I wouldn't be surprised if the latter was true, so that Dervun doesn't have to reveal he is an investigator of some sort to everyone (including the mafia).
Why would anyone waste a rather important NTA on someone which was already going to vote me in the first place?

Daemon
Administrator
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 25, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »

BBB's fanatical devotion to the cause of eradicating the beasts from Newerth was legendary. There was nothing they would not do, in order to achieve their purpose: lying, killing, sacrificing one of their own for the cause and even cleaning rooms! In the face of such formidable foe, hard men crumble, absent hope.

The peaceful congregation was being hit hard. Their trust seemed shaken. Their future seemed bleak. Their fate seemed sealed. But then they started fighting back. They used word, they used thought. The faith - and fate - they shared was their weapon. By the day's end, it appeared that they had managed to form a coherent majority.

Surprised this was really happening to him, Envious was speechless. He didn't resist being blindfolded, and carried for miles into the heart of the forest. Sounds were getting faint, light was getting dim, when they stopped. Silently, the others walked away, without a word being spoken. He used the bone knife they had put in his hand to cut the rope his hands were tied with, and then he took the blindfold away. The twilight was ending, implacably, and from all around him, shadows were getting longer and longer, and closer, and closer, and faster, and faster, then the silence broke. The forest was speaking to him in the most disconcerting tones. Pairs of red, glowing eyes were gathering around him, as he was closing his. "Is this the end?" he thought. And then he thought no more.

Envious, BBB Master Assassin, is banished from the monastery.

7 Envious: Dervun, Skuggi, Feathers, Mind, Moxy, Valli, Arjey
4 Tinki: Envious, Winterfresh, Leodasvacas, Tjens
1 Arjey: Mopok

It's NIGHT 5, until Monday, Feb 27th, 21:00 GMT. Please send in the targets.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:54:26 pm by Daemon » Logged

My black list: Mein (hax0r, troll), Slayer (multiclanner), biggeruniverse (XR thief, troll), Robbo (thug and liar), Thrill (junkie)
Daemon
Administrator
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »

The BBB were not deterred either. In their quest to achieve total extinction of the beast race, they had managed to leave another corpse behind. Although this time, it was not decapitated, their slain foe was lying down, in front of the monastery. An unlikely mix of clerical garments on a sleek, muscular, feline body. Who could possibly be able to kill this hardened and wise beast? And, most importantly, what can stop him? Certainly, poor Moxy couldn't.

Moxy, Converted Stalker, is killed by the BBB.

It's DAY 5, until Saturday, March 3rd, 21:00 GMT. There are 17 players remaining. Votes needed: deadline lynch - 6; instant lynch or no lynch - 9; role declarations - 3.

(Sorry about the delay, folks, my wife had a really bad day and she needed comforting. Don't tell her i told you!)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:36:21 pm by Daemon » Logged

My black list: Mein (hax0r, troll), Slayer (multiclanner), biggeruniverse (XR thief, troll), Robbo (thug and liar), Thrill (junkie)
valli
Quack or die!
XR Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:28 pm »

Good morning.

Good job with Envious, a bit stupid the killed moxy Sad

I start right into with one of my questions for the day:

I wanted to ask IgorS something, can you tell me why you didn't voted on Envious, you said 1 time that you are almost convinced but you wanted to get more information, after Envious posted more you never casted your vote.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
valli
Quack or die!
XR Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:59 pm »

Hrmpf. I am at the verge of voting against Envious as well but I'd still like to hear more from him. Did I miss it or he still has not answered the question about his night targets?

I was more precisely refering to that above.

I have seen at least one more inconsistency during the previous days but that one I will prefer to keep to myself for now.

I don't know if you want to share now, but you mentioned that in the same post.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Feathers
beep
Newerth Referees (EU)
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »

For me Envious is just getting more suspicious with anything he posts and his role was BBB last game as well!
If I do die today, my final wishes (If I get any) are to lynch tinki and Arjey immediately. Arjey, this is my first game ever on Newerth, I should think that should be blatantly obvious. You always post short, and you have band-waggoned against me, with me when my pressure was lightened up, and then now against me once more when my votes start stacking up. You give rather unclear reasons and contribute next to nothing. 

I would go for a straight attack on Arjey, because of his confusion and opps my mafia buddy is about to get lynched, time to join the bandwagon to avoid suspicion. Was Envious trying to protect him, i don't know.

But
Like I said, I assume Daemon has made an exp player mafia. With Haku down, that shortens my list. The same list I was on yes Tongue

However I don't think that it makes Envious less suspicious. Might as well be that he merely followed one mafia voter all the time. And now that Haku is dead, that mainly leaves Moxy and me >.>

mind has been pressuring Envious from the beginning, but then taken his vote off safely, then reapplied when Envious was about to be lynched anyway.

Other experienced players: Dervun, is more likely to be townie as, he was the one who said 'hang on why are you letting Envious off so easily' and led to Envious being lynched

IgorS: shifty shadowman i don't trust.

Hrmpf. I am at the verge of voting against Envious as well but I'd still like to hear more from him. Did I miss it or he still has not answered the question about his night targets?

I was more precisely refering to that above.

I have seen at least one more inconsistency during the previous days but that one I will prefer to keep to myself for now.

I don't know if you want to share now, but you mentioned that in the same post.

I to wish to know Igors!

.    ^_^          <-----<<<
     ^_^        <-----<<<
     O_o      <-----<<<
     o_O    <-----<<<
     O_o  <-----<<<
     O_O<-----<<<
     O_x----<<<
     x_x--<<
  ---x_x<
Gridfon
Empty Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:43 pm »

I wanted to ask IgorS something, can you tell me why you didn't voted on Envious, you said 1 time that you are almost convinced but you wanted to get more information, after Envious posted more you never casted your vote.

I was on a trip to Latvia Thu-Sun, and generally away from computer most of these days, so I missed some of the chances to do what I wanted in this thread. However, I got my fair share of playing as well. For example, the following post was intended to taunt the BBB.

7 votes for deadline lynch
10 votes for instant lynch
Envious has 7 votes.
[...]

I expected someone to remove their vote in the last moment and I was waiting and ready to put my vote instead. That would be a win-win situation:
1. If someone removes their vote in the last moment, that increases suspicious against Envious, gives more confidence he's BBB.
2. And at the same time it reveals another BBB member.
3. And yet we still lynch Envious (assuming only one BBB removes his vote) because I replace his vote with my vote.
valli
Quack or die!
XR Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2012, 10:53:39 pm »

For me Envious is just getting more suspicious with anything he posts and his role was BBB last game as well!
If I do die today, my final wishes (If I get any) are to lynch tinki and Arjey immediately. Arjey, this is my first game ever on Newerth, I should think that should be blatantly obvious. You always post short, and you have band-waggoned against me, with me when my pressure was lightened up, and then now against me once more when my votes start stacking up. You give rather unclear reasons and contribute next to nothing. 

I would go for a straight attack on Arjey, because of his confusion and opps my mafia buddy is about to get lynched, time to join the bandwagon to avoid suspicion. Was Envious trying to protect him, i don't know.

But
Like I said, I assume Daemon has made an exp player mafia. With Haku down, that shortens my list. The same list I was on yes Tongue

However I don't think that it makes Envious less suspicious. Might as well be that he merely followed one mafia voter all the time. And now that Haku is dead, that mainly leaves Moxy and me >.>

mind has been pressuring Envious from the beginning, but then taken his vote off safely, then reapplied when Envious was about to be lynched anyway.

Other experienced players: Dervun, is more likely to be townie as, he was the one who said 'hang on why are you letting Envious off so easily' and led to Envious being lynched

Feathers I aggree on Arjey.

I think arjey is the most suspicious now, he wants pressure on envious like many others, the boat changes direction only a couple posts later(when he changed his vote to tinki, even in envious's defense it said to vote for tinki and seemed like arjey agreed with the one who he is attacking, makes them both viable targets), and he votes for tinki like many others because he doesn't care if they are mafia or townie because he doesn't like his playing style.. Yet why would any townie say that when the townie numbers are dwindling night after night, we need the people alive to keep in the game. He would obviously know he is townie if he is mafia. So my vote is now on arjey.

f1 arjey

Mopok said that last day, that was his reason for going Arjey, I think that is a good point.

@Envious -> Arjey: I thought about the same, that it is a bluff from Envious to hide Arjey.

Annother thing, the discussion with moxy and you talking about who visited haku's room is also not talked through, or did I miss it?

@Leo -> Tinki: Did leo even post more than one or two statements, he wen't just straight for tinki and didn't respond to it anymore, I guess will say you haven't been that active again ... whatever ... I don't believe this not active things anymore ...

valli
Quack or die!
XR Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »

I expected someone to remove their vote in the last moment and I was waiting and ready to put my vote instead. That would be a win-win situation:
1. If someone removes their vote in the last moment, that increases suspicious against Envious, gives more confidence he's BBB.
2. And at the same time it reveals another BBB member.
3. And yet we still lynch Envious (assuming only one BBB removes his vote) because I replace his vote with my vote.

ad 1) I don't think BBB is that stupid, so weak argument, I bet they have talked about such situations and how to handle them.

ad 2) Yes true. Read above again.

ad 3) Ok granted.

All together I understand what you meant, but I don't think we deal with stupid BBB, so I'm not totally satisfied with your explanation.

valli
Quack or die!
XR Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:54 pm »

I was on a trip to Latvia Thu-Sun, and generally away from computer most of these days, so I missed some of the chances to do what I wanted in this thread. However, I got my fair share of playing as well. For example, the following post was intended to taunt the BBB.

Oh and another thing, on one hand you say you were on a trip, and not that active, but on the other hand you were sure to replace a vote... ok ... it's abit contradicting.

mind
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 27, 2012, 11:17:11 pm »

Arjey is still the best bet I think.

On the Envious matter. I was hard on him from the start. I guess I just let my guard down. Good thing Dervun was still awake.

IgorS I agree that your arguments were weak. I don't trust you at all now.

Only two people who I put faith in. And it's not Arjey and not IgorS.
Gridfon
Empty Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 27, 2012, 11:17:54 pm »

I like your persistence.

All together I understand what you meant, but I don't think we deal with stupid BBB, so I'm not totally satisfied with your explanation.

Now I have a bad memory but I think there was a situation like that during the first mafia game. Two mafias withdrew their votes in the last moment. As a result they were lynched in the following days. I also think it was mentioned during this game, I would not remember that otherwise.

Oh and another thing, on one hand you say you were on a trip, and not that active, but on the other hand you were sure to replace a vote... ok ... it's abit contradicting.

Yes I got home, read through all the posts of that day, amongst other things counting the correct amount of votes. Posted the summary. And remained online for several more hours, beyond the end of our day. Hence able to monitor the topic and cast my vote if there's a need to do so.

I would normally expect everyone to understand the obvious details like that.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: