Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 12:53:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
180109 Posts in 10267 Topics by 16890 Members
Latest Member: WinterSecret
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Mafia (play-by-post game)
| | | |-+  Mafia 2 - Healers' War - GAME OVER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia 2 - Healers' War - GAME OVER  (Read 58762 times)
Faun
carn =/= hax
XR Dev Helper

Hear a flute in the forest...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »

First, a gday all you here - Makes me happy this game finally started now afro - Since it's true that silence helps noone but the BBB, we have to gather whats possible here on a first morning. I yet cannot take anyone all serious, still the way haku lured for prey from the first moment seems a little fishy to me 

F1 Hakugei

ENvIouS

Fly with me...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:28 pm »

Mafia has started! Haku does seem a little suspicious. Mind hasn't spoken yet, a clear sign of mafia!
[font=Verdana]F1 Mind | F2 Hakugei[/font]

[Edit by Daemon]Use red to  vote. Unvote only after you have actually voted. If you did, unvote 1st, vote 2nd.[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:32:25 am by Daemon » Logged

Hakugei
Newerth Donator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 11:06:46 pm »

You can't unvote me if you haven't voted on me in the first place, Envious; also use RED to highlight your votes (or they may not count).

If you check any of my previous games (various roles, both sides), I'm always suspicious - that's the way I like to play. Smiley Silence only favors Mafia.
pizlo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 11:27:01 pm »

And information favors the town, I didn't have anything suspicious done to me last night.  cry

Also if anyone remembers the romanian mafia where I was the mafioso boss and forgot to send in the target (leaving two no kill nights in a row) I think I would have learned from that mistake by now.

valli
Quack or die!
XR Coder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:14 am »

so it's day one ... I am hungry ... is there something to eat at lunch time here ?

@pizlo: good to see you are active somehow ...

F1 EnVious

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
leodasvacas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 01:51:00 am »

My first game, hi everyone!

Haven't made up my mind yet, as there is no real information so far:
Vote F3
pizlo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 03:23:45 am »

@pizlo: good to see you are active somehow ...

I try Smiley sometimes it is a little awkward with the time zone offset.

Untill there's further information there's more chance of lynching a townsie than a BBB F3 for the time being.

mind
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 08:09:32 am »

Mind hasn't spoken yet, a clear sign of mafia!

I have spoken already. I was once again told that only bad guys skim texts, but don't truly read it. Many others haven't replied to anything yet. Why do you target me? I don't even know you.
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:54 am »

good poing mind, it is true onnly mafia skim texts, and its obvious that u did say sdomething, and it wasnt like a one word post either. how could envious miss that? envious are you blonde Tongue  evil

anyway i suggest keeping a close eye on you to see if u skim more texts.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 09:34:22 am »

i meant good point*

Tjens
a nerd with actual balls
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:34 am »

I think Mind's statement is wrong - I would think the beasts WILL read everything and could be even more punctious, becouse they have something to hide remember?

Anyway, going through behavioral patterns and analysing people's post is not a viable way to point out potential beasts. Remember - this is the internet, and that 20 year old blonde you've been flirting with could be Mr_Matt for all you know. Psychiatry won't work this early on, especially without evidence as it will only create confusion. The only ones who will feed on choas are Moxy and Mind, becouse this seems to be their playstyle. Look where it lead them last game Wink

Instead, lets talk about what happend during the night and deduce the facts. We have had one night yet but nobody got killed. Last time Trigardon got instantly murdered, yet this night nobody got hurt! Also did anyone got the operatunity to use his/her nightly ability?

Tjens
a nerd with actual balls
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 10:17:10 am »

I just skimmed through the posts again (lol) and saw Pizlo saying the no kill could mean either the beasts themselves or the beast leader is noob. I don't have that much experience in mafia games, but it seems there is one "boss" in every mafia that decides the kill. Becouse of this I think we'll have to target the people we don't know that well first, or at least let them type something as a hello.

Furthermore, to retain the course we have taken on random vote;, I am yet to bask in the presence of SASUKE the great warrior of dung. Where is he!!

F1 SASUKE

WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:02 am »

Skim the posts!? I haven't even read the lore yet.

mind
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 10:27:59 am »

I think Mind's statement is wrong - I would think the beasts WILL read everything and could be even more punctious, becouse they have something to hide remember?

Also did anyone got the operatunity to use his/her nightly ability?

As I was taught, you are wrong Tjens. + Wanting people to reveal their abilities early game only helps bad guys find their dangerous targets.

Say Daemon bitch slapped beard. No kill happened, does that mean beard is bad? Not necessary. What it does show, is that Daemon has a blocking ability. Who's helped the most now Tjens?
Hakugei
Newerth Donator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:01 am »

The real question is, how new is Tjens to Mafia?
Because nearly everything he said is wrong. rolleyes Is he trying to confuse the newer participants?
On top of that, he's asking for people with night time abilities to to line up for the Mafia to pick off one by one.

Is he new, or just a tricky little devil?

To clarify - Mafia is known to skim over posts because it doesn't matter to them - they don't need to figure out who is on whose side (they already know). They just need to cause chaos and get everyone killed one way or another. (This does not mean that all mafia players do not read posts properly.)

Going through behavioral patterns and analyzing people's posts is exactly the way (apart from night time) to gain clues. On the first day, however, the amount you can observe and deduct is obviously very limited.

He's correct about Mind being a chaotic troublemaker, though. :p
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: