Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 07:23:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188541 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  Remove 'star wars' guns from human's
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remove 'star wars' guns from human's  (Read 2094 times)
gold9999

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »

I think it is unfair if humans have that permanent lazer weapon and repeater.Because in battlefield,human shooting with those weapons to the beast with non stop,or even if they have amunition box even longer.Also if human shooting with lazer gun and moving back slowly, it is even more hard for beast,because to get closer to human-beast possibly wastes all his stamina,and finally when they face to face, human have advantage,because human can block and beast cant block,if beast will move one step back human will continue him shooting.And finally i can say is-beast can rush,human can block+ overpowered guns(and it makes advantage for human).Also there permanent shooting weapons is too easy and takes almost no skill, because with weapons such as crossbow or canon is harder to kill as it should.

Livestream and mainstream is my two most hated words.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:30:52 pm »

Are you a beast player?
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:30:24 pm »

Gold9999: First off all, if you wan't to suggest a spesific change in the gameplay, this is the wrong forum. Check the "Re-Balancing forum", under the Newerth section.

Second, are you a new player? In case, this game isn't easy to change. When you say the "lazer" weapon i assume you mean the flux gun. The flux have been in the game for many years, and it's possible to play beasts without getting killed by it all the time.
 You just have to practice with your melee. It takes time, maybe years, to be good in melee combat in Savage. But that's whats unique about Savage  Smiley

/Schoyth

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:48:18 pm »

I agree on him tho, nerf flux somehow. It's just plain OP (except youre one overbuffed beast player). When I was better 95% of the dmg I took was from fluxnets and not from any other wep.

H3027
Newerth PR Manager
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:12:26 pm »

Flux is usually the weapon of choice when you're a fighter/pusher and engage enemies a lot in close combat too (fast weapon switch). The beast team has a big speed advantage. Humans without strong ranged weapons wouldn't stand a chance at all, since beasts could just pass them, capture all flags or just go for buildings without having to engage a single opponent (-> no skill required). The unique thing in Savage are the asymmetric races and their different ways of victory. Asymmetric races also means asymmetric learning curves. Savage is a surprisingly well balanced game, but due to the assymmetric learning curves and the high skill ceiling everything feels imbalanced when you're new.

First Witch: When shall we three meet again / In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch: When the hurlyburly's done, / When the battle's lost and won.
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:30:29 pm »

OH SHIT IT ONLY TOOK 3 POSTS TO TURN INTO A ANTI FLUX TOPIC

WHEN WE GOT ATLEAST 10 MORE OF THESE WE WILL NERF FLUX!@!!!!!!

MiraculiX

xr_newerth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »

Remove snare and give beasts anti flux armor Smiley

Contact me if you want your map to be checked!
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 04:08:53 pm »

make windshield negate flux too ))

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 11:25:21 am »

Remove all weapons from the game, players can run around jumping on top of each other and tea bagging, everyone wins.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 11:28:49 am »

In theory, someone could create a texture/model mod that replaces all weapons with more prehistoric versions. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: