Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2018, 08:04:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189316 Posts in 10967 Topics by 18116 Members
Latest Member: Davidikoss
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  UPDATED 4/29/2011: Newerth EvO Server Rules
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPDATED 4/29/2011: Newerth EvO Server Rules  (Read 13845 times)
Cross
Savage

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 04:30:57 pm »

RDH modified the server so that when you hit level 10, siege units do half damage to your unit meaning, it takes two siege shots to die instead of one... unless your health was already low. Needless to say it was awesome but yeah Shag it's like you said nothing is going to change, no point in talking or discussing anything like this at all.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 12:41:39 am »

i shouldve been savage-admin and everything would've been awesome.

Fuck 1-hit kills

screw too many monkits (esp. at bases) people have gold for best tier all the time

72 players in maps made for 32 say whaaat?Huh??

Spawn times are insane!!! you spend 5 mins sneaking to a base, kill 2 preds with your awesomeness - and boom they spawn 3 sec after with full tech (due to before mentioned gold issues). GG ^^

DONT even get me started on the XP-settings. You don't even earn lvls anymore. Reduce it and add more cool features from getting lvl up.

I've said this ever since SEP. Old savage was way more balanced, and the original gold/spawn/slot settings prevented lots of the siege camping you find today.

this happened because people who mastered the game did not want to change it, and the newbs had to because they sucked

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 08:50:23 am »

i shouldve been savage-admin and everything would've been awesome.

Fuck 1-hit kills

screw too many monkits (esp. at bases) people have gold for best tier all the time

72 players in maps made for 32 say whaaat?Huh??

Spawn times are insane!!! you spend 5 mins sneaking to a base, kill 2 preds with your awesomeness - and boom they spawn 3 sec after with full tech (due to before mentioned gold issues). GG ^^

DONT even get me started on the XP-settings. You don't even earn lvls anymore. Reduce it and add more cool features from getting lvl up.

I've said this ever since SEP. Old savage was way more balanced, and the original gold/spawn/slot settings prevented lots of the siege camping you find today.

this happened because people who mastered the game did not want to change it, and the newbs had to because they sucked
agreed with everything you said. Just look at commanding, it went from actually requiring tactics and changing tech lines in order to counter what the other commander is doing to just putting down a garr and having 5k redstone in 3 minutes. How fun is that? That's like playing one of those old campaign games and just typing in a cheat to give yourself 500000 resources.

But it doesn't matter now anyways, even if they change it back to old settings nothing will change. Admins should just save themselves the money and shut down servers.

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:07 pm »

Afro

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 03:23:36 pm »

agree with all you say there takz + vinth.

but has been said before and nothing will change + wrong topic Tongue

Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 01:16:02 am »

guess my point is, game's broke - might aswell allow siege camping....
DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 02:48:37 am »

Main reason camping is allowed is not only because its a part of the game, but also because most refs on g&g lack common sense. In short, they don't enforce it, or know its happening and don't do anything about it. Harsh? Yes. True? Yes. Sorry to be rude, but that's the case, and after months of complaining things haven't changed.

EDIT: Made post less harsh.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:50:32 am by DarkStar » Logged

LaDy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 09:56:46 am »

It's also very hard to enforce it but ok.
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 10:19:41 am »

DarkStar, are you trying to say: Because it is barely enforced it should be allowed?
Where I live, parking on corners happens very often and i have never seen anyone receive a ticket for that. So should it be allowed to park on corners?!

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 10:57:39 am »

DarkStar, are you trying to say: Because it is barely enforced it should be allowed?
Where I live, parking on corners happens very often and i have never seen anyone receive a ticket for that. So should it be allowed to park on corners?!

What I'm saying is that the rule needs to be updated to clearly define "camping" and when it is and isn't allowed. After that rule is updated, refs who don't enforce it or enforce it the wrong way need to read it a million times.

It's also very hard to enforce it but ok.

I wouldn't say its hard to enforce, but since you're one of the only refs who actually uses his/her power to enforce the rules, I have no complaints!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:03:37 am by DarkStar » Logged

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 02:09:16 pm »

CAMPING IS ALLOWED

You might want to edit this topic aswell  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: