Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 10:49:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188623 Posts in 10884 Topics by 17943 Members
Latest Member: Yustus123321
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  Model Bone Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Model Bone Question  (Read 2106 times)
rohezal

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:16:40 pm »

Hi Daemon and Skope,

I tried to use the XR models and add some movements to them and use them in Savage 2. Using 3ds max 8 (a must because the Sav2 exporter is 3ds 8 only, import with ds9 and exported them to .3ds) with biped models.

Well 3ds max 9 messes up the bones when you export to .3ds (fbx is working but cant import the files in 3ds 8 with out crashing). So I wanted to make own animations (just need walking, sitting, trading).

Im using this tutorial with a simple box model, but I get an error. Someone has an idea?
http://majoh.deviantart.com/art/Mandi-s-3dsmax-Biped-Tutorial-26515784

ERROR: Found a vertex linked to a bone that's not in the bones list!

Using 3ds max 8 with the official S2 K2 Exporter.

I think the models are quite similar (but not compatible) in Sav1 and Sav2. Exporting just the bipes works fine, I can see the bones move correctly in the model viewer.
But using the model which is attached to it causes the error above.

Does Someone have an idea?

rohezal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »

Did whole thing again with bones and not biped and physics modifier. Same error message. Fukc S2 Games... documentation? Who needs documentation...
Epoks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:22 am »

Do it all again in max8? That error makes me think you need to re-physique your mesh, maybe your bones are being renamed on import.
Or try .obj instead of .fbx

I'm still not entirely clear on your process, could you create a step-by-step dot point list of what you're doing up until the error?

rohezal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:05:57 pm »

I made the bones / biped, added physique to it, adjust the vertex and export it. Doesnt work. Tried the skin modifier. Now it works. Last time I tried I did a mistake I think but now I know. Here is the post for people that are interested:

http://forums.savage2.com/showthread.php?t=25901

Btw. now its very easy to export from Sav1 to Sav2. Use the Sav1 importer, export to .3ds import, use bone modifier on the flying things.

Btw. you can use 3ds 2010 max and the exporter I think to work without conversion. But I dont habe max 2010.
rohezal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:10 pm »

Fuck it, the Sav exporter makes a pile of polygons out of it. Trying to bipe it and to use the old bones as markers for the new bipe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: