Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 05:02:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188663 Posts in 10888 Topics by 17952 Members
Latest Member: Freans
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  USA Referees
| | | | |-+  XR Maps
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR Maps  (Read 648 times)
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:54:28 pm »

So shuN recently posted this in the mapping section

Also, do 'XR_ maps crash the server!!!' still pertain to US Leet? they won't load XR maps, and REFs forbid the use of them due to this stingent. Jmz made that clear.. or a rumor.

Pls fix. : )

My response was this:

They never "crashed" the server. Anyone not using an XR client would be unable to see many props and textures, and occasionally would be kicked so I guess that is where the "crashing" notion comes from. With Mohican's release of SFE2 there is absolutely no reason why anyone should not be using it, and therefore by extension, absolutely no reason why XR maps should not be called on the US server.

Unless anyone knows of a good reason that I am unaware of not to be calling XR maps, could referees of the USA server please allow XR maps to be called. We are all making a concerted effort to get everyone on the same page, A lot of time has been invested by the remaining devs of XR to make a compromise for SFE users so that everyone can reap the benefits. It seems a tragic waste to have the people who are supposed to be encouraging the game, ironically holding it back.

@ Jmz specifically, can you please give this your official blessing so that there is no confusion or dissent amongst the rest of the US referees?

Cheers guys.

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 12:40:12 am »

Referees shouldnt be stopping XR maps from being loaded.

Whenever I see one, I just hop on my XR client.

JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »

XR maps do crash leet US.

They cause it to segfault and none of the devs seem to know why...

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:25:37 pm »

XR maps do crash leet US.

They cause it to segfault and none of the devs seem to know why...

I have subsequently to my original post spoken to Mohican about it, and its on his todo list. So shouldn't be an issue for much longer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: