Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:44:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188529 Posts in 10877 Topics by 17915 Members
Latest Member: nguyenphat
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  DOWNLOAD GUI contrast minimap icons.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOWNLOAD GUI contrast minimap icons.  (Read 3876 times)
lololol
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:22 am »

Description

This savageXR GUI mod have  contrast, better visible icons,
so players able to play more strategic and more teamplay.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1185/sample4a.png
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5058/sample5.png

To Install:
download file savage6.s2z - 4.6 Kb
copy it to same folder where is savage0.s2z    (usually to C:\games\Savage XR\game\  )
enjoy,

----added------
if you would like to be able to choose minimap icons at options, download this one:
savage5.s2z - 65.1 Kb
(for now compatible only for original XR without any alternative GUI mods)
working for all HUD skins, selectable from Options menu.

how to use:
- copy to same folder where is savage0.s2z    (usually to C:\games\Savage XR\game\  )
- start game
- at options/game you will find new menu "minimap set" ,chose minimapset1 for contrast minimap icons.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:01:15 pm by lololol » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 12:03:09 pm »

I like the idea. It's not very hard either to get it running on the other guis. I could give you a hand, or if you want it to be done asap ask DieOrFail - he has been a great help to me with GUI Modding.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »

Adding a new skin is really hard, not to mention if ppl rly do want a bigger minimap, they will want it for all the skins. I don't need a larger minimap and i don't know why would anyone else need since it's only the background image that's been shrinked in XR, not the minimap icons.

But anyway, if you make it so that it's:
1. selectable from Options menu (small, large)
2. working with N key (resize)
3. not overlap Chat and Squads panel
4. not interfere with other panels when it's resized
5. working for all HUD skins
6. working for both right side and left side HP bar
7. inherit the border transparency ratio from the HUD setting

..., and make it all bug free, i will add it to XR.

lololol
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:27:26 pm »

yah... alot of work really... I understand you, but I am not professional coder and cant do all this by myself.
and really I not asking about it.

from you (as a developer)  I want only
1. selectable from Options menu (small, large)

directly what I am asking you to do is:
a. double  HUD Interface Skin [Arcade], and give new name, something like "Arcade with big minimap".
(only this actually I cannot do)
b. change minimap size(make it 2 times bigger) and make minimap picture not transparent.
c. shift minimap, HP bar, chatbox and accuracy box.
d. copy new minimap icons and new HP bar picture to game folder and change mini-map icons  paths.

and what is all! you need for this only 20 minutes Smiley, it is simple and effective solution. and sure alot ppls will like it

sure what more HUD setting is better, lets give players a choice.

and no need (or maybe with time to add)  some updates, like:
2. working with N key (resize)
3. not overlap Chat and Squads panel
4. not interfere with other panels when it's resized
5. working for all HUD skins
6. working for both right side and left side HP bar
7. inherit the border transparency ratio from the HUD setting

P.S. from first view my post looks like some noisy freak asking about some shit Smiley...but definitely it is not Smiley
It is not question of GUI taste, it is question of functionality, and for example  SEP minimap was much better current XR minimap. http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,10058.0.html
I spend alot of time to find good icon color solution, which let icons almost perfectly contrast with any minimap and each other. all my friends who playing savage use and like my mode. Some team-play (like phoenix-scout,@ and others) and clanwar players need this Smiley

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:03:46 am by lololol » Logged

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:07:46 am »

I want everything smaller and not bigger. Sorry. I need my 25 inch screen to show as much Savage as possible and as less as possible minimaps, icons and chat.

lololol
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 12:43:55 am »

no need to sorry Mein Smiley
as i said, it is question of functionality, duel players completely no need minimap as some public melee players, teamplay and clanwar players need big minimap, would be good to give more choice to ppls.

example: my and current XR gui
http://imgur.com/a/WF1kQ
http://imgur.com/a/OIeFa

example: contrast icons at XR, original XR, SFE. 
http://imgur.com/a/39xMw
of course my icons not perfect, i just want to show what icons  worth attention, easy and effective way to make game better.

and i have a question to Deamon, why at "choose a spawn location" windows we cannot see sensored enemies?
but inside savage0.s2z ->ui_spawnpoint_select.cfg file we can see enemy icon paths.... probably it is bug and need to fix it to be able to see enemies?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:26:06 am by lololol » Logged

Trikitiger
F***ING KICKASS Top Ten Shaman!

F*** the K/D ratio, Healing is where it's at.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 05:28:53 pm »

and i have a question to Deamon, why at "choose a spawn location" windows we cannot see sensored enemies?
but inside savage0.s2z ->ui_spawnpoint_select.cfg file we can see enemy icon paths.... probably it is bug and need to fix it to be able to see enemies?

There's also another bug that actually freezes a commander's marks on moving targets when you're on the "Choose a spawnpoint" screen. This has gotten me to spawn in the wrong location hundreds of times, and has also caused the marking-flag to go to the bottom left corner for no reason (this happens when a commander marks something while you're in the choose-spawnpoint screen).

--- Top 10 best Shaman! WHOO! ---

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:33:16 pm »

the marking-flag to go to the bottom left corner for no reason (this happens when a commander marks something while you're in the choose-spawnpoint screen).

or if the client doesn't know the marked object's position

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »

Lololol, i can't just duplicate a HUD. It is a lot of work, tens of files need to be edited, not to mention long hours of testing, and i won't do it just for the minimap. Also, as i've already said, it's no point in adding this function to only one HUD!

Working to accomplish all the issues on the list i gave you is not that hard! Try it, look for how other things have been done and try to do the same.

You said i don't wanna include this even though people want it. I do. If you make it, i will. I just don't wanna dedicate my time to filling the screen up with stuff, when we all should be trying to free as much screen real estate as possible, to be used for the game itself.

The minimap is only useful for spotting enemies/friends and pin-pointing your location. You can do that JUST AS EASILY with a small minimap, or a large minimap, because the size of the dots or other icons IS THE SAME. You don't need to be able to count the trees on the minimap, that serves no purpose!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: