Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 11:45:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The RC3 Client is out now! Download it now!
179356 Posts in 10205 Topics by 16784 Members
Latest Member: Lazaro96
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S04: Alternative Attack Mode for Summoner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S04: Alternative Attack Mode for Summoner  (Read 4851 times)
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 03:56:46 am »

I like the idea of picking which shot you have before you spawn.

yeah, if you havegot both shots with the summ, i think the summoners will get too powerful.
it would be like balista shot & cata shot in one unit.

The summoner does much less damage than a cata.  cheesy
But I also suggested to make the summoner a little bit more expensive if he gets both attacks.
The other possibility is to have a control for gravity (for instance by keeping the mouse button pressed).
This would work like the bow in reverse (the more you press, the more shot is lobbed).  smiley

Rostner
The Grapist

I'm gonna grape you in the mouth!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 07:24:22 am »

The other possibility is to have a control for gravity (for instance by keeping the mouse button pressed).
This would work like the bow in reverse (the more you press, the more shot is lobbed).  smiley

I REALLY like this idea, it would take pretty good skill to be able to precisely use it well, and this would make it more of a vet thing to do, who tend to last better in battle as a summ then newbies.

Daemon
Administrator
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:01 am »

I REALLY like this idea, it would take pretty good skill to be able to precisely use it well, and this would make it more of a vet thing to do, who tend to last better in battle as a summ then newbies.

This might not be that easy to do. Not that useful either. If you want control, why don't we give it a controllable "swarm slash projectile" that after shooting, you can change direction a little bit, if you want and have the skill for it, before it hits the target Smiley

My black list: Mein (hax0r, troll), Slayer (multiclanner), biggeruniverse (XR thief, troll), Robbo (thug and liar), Thrill (junkie)
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 09:37:26 am »

This might not be that easy to do. Not that useful either. If you want control, why don't we give it a controllable "swarm slash projectile" that after shooting, you can change direction a little bit, if you want and have the skill for it, before it hits the target Smiley

YEAH!
Like the rocket launcher in BF2, that tries to follow the crosshair!
That would be really cool, and we could then just keep one weapon for the summ.

COJ-Suoma
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 02:41:13 pm »

Never played BF2... Is it like the same like in hl2? Then its just too overpowered... I have no problems zigzagging through all that towerspam if i could be able to control it like in hl2... I like that reverse-bow idea more :]

Rostner
The Grapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »

That could work as well. In fact, it would make it so a summoner would have to make a summoner stand still for it to go straight (or have really good mouse-work). It would make them more like a bali, which is fine by me because I only play humans. :p

Daemon
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 11:15:42 pm »

The projectile is too fast for you to zigzag, not to mention that after the 1st tower blocks your line of sight you won't know where the projectile is anymore.

My black list: Mein (hax0r, troll), Slayer (multiclanner), biggeruniverse (XR thief, troll), Robbo (thug and liar), Thrill (junkie)
Rostner
The Grapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:05 pm »

OR you could make it so the summoner has to hold the mouse button to control it, and once you've let go of the mouse button you lose control of your shot.

Bullet
Newerth Donator

Student@Norway & nomad on droids

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 02:44:12 am »

The projectile is too fast for you to zigzag, not to mention that after the 1st tower blocks your line of sight you won't know where the projectile is anymore.

my computer sucks, and i don't play with much farclip on, maybe between 50-55. on huge maps, i won't be able to see neither the misile shot or the towers after a while.

if savage is a game ment to be played by not only the super modern gaming computers, but also work on old fashioned computers i don't think the misile shot is the sollution.

Mohican
Order of the Stick
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 03:28:18 am »

OR you could make it so the summoner has to hold the mouse button to control it, and once you've let go of the mouse button you lose control of your shot.

That's a brilliant idea!

(1) It means that the old behaviour of the summoner is kept (by pressing and releasing immediately).
(2) It makes adding lobbed shot capability seemless, instead of feeling like a hack.

I have updated my proposal accordingly.
 afro
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:35:22 am by Mohican » Logged

Rostner
The Grapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 05:16:45 am »

That's a brilliant idea!

(1) It means that the old behaviour of the summoner is kept (by pressing and releasing immediately).
(2) It makes adding lobbed shot capability seemless, instead of feeling like a hack.

I have updated my proposal accordingly.
 afro

I'm honored Cheesy

I give this suggestion a fool F1 now XD

COJ-Suoma
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »

But.. Why dont you just go over the towers, count the time it takes to reach the shield and pull hard down? Thats really easy, especially if you've ever used those mouse-controlled rpgs... (hl2, bf2) Even from ground, it would be very easy for everyone to take down the goddamn shield. + theres no way to build defences up there. Unless some portable occluder is implemented, but that would be too easy to abuse.

Daemon
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 09:30:46 pm »

The projectile will have a dominating forward motion. The direction changes are more like corrections, and would only be possible to a very short degree and in a very very short period of time.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:43:56 pm by Daemon » Logged

Cross
Savage
XR Tester

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »

"Good commanders know how to create impenetrable bases with inaccessible shields.
This can cause endless games that end in a draw (unless someone manages to shimmy his way to the shield). "

To bad this isn't the case with humans on Leet anymore. I can count on my hand the amount of GOOD human commanders that play on leet anymore, and most of them seem to prefer to command beast anyways so, it is very, very rare to see a GOOD human commander anymore, and this is coming from someone who sits on Leet 6+ hours a DAY, watching everything.

If you really want to kill and destroy the entirety of the US population and servers then make it even harder and more discouraging to command humans, and with no apparent ease in the future this will be a nail in the coffin.

Unless something else is change to ENCOURAGE more human commanders which has been desperately needed for over a year now, which I've suggested before with changing how towers work for humans, then this would be a horrible idea, if somethings done then yes this will work.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
cutter
Global Moderator
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 12:04:47 am »

To bad this isn't the case with humans on Leet anymore. I can count on my hand the amount of GOOD human commanders that play on leet anymore, and most of them seem to prefer to command beast anyways so, it is very, very rare to see a GOOD human commander anymore, and this is coming from someone who sits on Leet 6+ hours a DAY, watching everything.

I don't think balances should be made due to a lack of skill of the savage population.

However, I do not think that summoners need fixing in the way that this topic is suggesting. In games of ~30 players, which I think is the ideal server size, massive turtle bases shouldn't become a problem. Therefore, having a 'bomb' summoner attack is something that is unneccesary, especially since there are other methods of best victory (behes rush, chain sac, gate, and shield saccing).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: