Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 12:18:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188539 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Leet Servers (US)
| | | |-+  INFO: USA Donations
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: USA Donations  (Read 19585 times)
ConspiracyTheorist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 09:48:12 pm »

A) you're lying about the personal services you're running on the server
B) administrating a server is an extremely important hobby to you
C) you like the feeling being an important member of the savage community
D) you enjoy being a martyr

or E) he be too desparate to have remain admin cause he has the tool (he alweys say he written this tool, but maybe any admin can do that) that can tell your real account , cause he hate allias  Afro
or he can do thet only cause leet server runs supportive system  Shocked

so i ges cause he hate allias so much he willing to lose his money  Shocked
thet no bs u can ask squirell jmz abuzed his admin on him ! Evil
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:50:40 pm by ConspiracyTheorist » Logged
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 10:08:00 pm »

I refused the offer for several reasons Smiley

The main reason being the services on this server will not and cannot be transferred to BF, ever. A few other reasons also, including the location, administration and so on.

Anyhow, it is no longer important. I have made my decision and this remains a donation thread, so please stay on topic or move yourselves elsewhere.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 10:17:44 pm »

The main reason being the services on this server will not and cannot be transferred to BF, ever.
Please explain this in detail. You're just switching the serverprovider anyways so why couldn't services be transferred to BF as well?
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:12 pm »

No.

There are at least 4 posts mentioning that the server hosts newerth services (these, BF cannot host, he has no such permission and will not be given it), I refuse to spoonfeed you with information you can gather yourself. Stay out of my thread if all you want to do is give me a barrage of questions.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »

Probably cant be transfered because he doesnt want to lose control and doesn't trust me. Because if given the opportunity I would really care about doing anything detrimental to a 10 year old dead game. Like really? It's not like im asking blizzard for the ability to mirror their auth server. This is savage, and US savage at that, which is really really dead.

JMZ is really good at being this shadowy need to know basis admin guy who makes out everything he does is really critical and complex and the fate of the world depends on him. When in reality its just savage. Its a game with more than likely less than 100 active US players. You could put the entire XR source code on the download mirror and give everyone direct access to the servers and it wouldn't matter. It isnt a big deal to move anything anywhere. If JMZ died, US savage wouldnt cease to be.

Honestly, JMZ I pray you never get to be in a position of real power in the world, especially in the gaming industry. You're just terrible for it. I mean if you can take a game this small and pretend everything is such serious business, i'd hate to see what you'd do in a real position.

I've always thought you were a power hungry little worm who loves playing the deception of being a saint. You love having people fawn over you and have to work with you for the little power you have.

I usually try to bite my lip and stay proffessional and ignore your blatant bullshit to move things along but really at this point who really cares? What are you going to do? Ban me from these dead forums? Ban me from your server? That'd be just crushing. Enjoy paying for a server you cant afford just to control an ever decreasing amount of people in a dead game.

btw, Server performance on leet is getting much worse. The other day it got so bad everyone left because it kept spiking so bad. Should be really good when you move to a cheaper server which probably has even lower spec'd hardware.

Literally all I wanted to do was offer a solution that didnt cost anyone money that would work perfectly fine. Especially since you're apparently such a broke ass now and cant afford it anymore. I mean I could go out and pay directly for leet's $140 a month no problem myself too, but I dont see any reason to pay that money.

God forbid I try to do any favors that might result in a loss of some of your control or sharing of anyway. I mean I did offer you admin too. Only reason I cant offer you direct access is because its one thing for someone to gain access to a dead game's files and an entirely different thing for someone to gain access to a successful company's data center.

Oh well.

Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 06:04:58 am »

As someone who hasn't played in weeks, this thread =
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:35 pm »

You are not a newerth admin, you are not a developer, you are not part of our team. You do not and never will have permission to host such services, to have any control over any core services of newerth. Very simple.

Please stay on topic from now on.

Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2013, 09:55:50 pm »

You are not a newerth admin, you are not a developer, you are not part of our team. You do not and never will have permission to host such services, to have any control over any core services of newerth. Very simple.

Please stay on topic from now on.
And why not? And why cant I be? You guys are ridiculous. What are you afraid of?

JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2013, 10:53:19 pm »

Because you're not a newerth admin and we don't exactly need another...

Please stay on topic, this discussion is no longer needed in this thread.

Legendaryy Rice
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2013, 09:50:42 pm »

Donate or die!
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »

Ok, JmZ... You've not been helping yourself to much in this topic, so I will put things were I believe they should be.

JmZ is owner of the US server and has been for a pretty long time(years). In these years he gained the trust of Django, who is godfather of Newerth.

Django is the own of the UK server, which is pretty much newerth. It hosts the website, SVN-repo for source codes, build environments, newerth's TS3 server, clan icons, auth server, etc etc etc! JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. As you can image, it is important that server works well.

There are a few things done on other servers. As I already said: the US server hosts one of newerth's 2 DNS servers, it hosts a irc server and a download mirror. Nothing special, as my server also runs an irc server and download mirror.

What is slightly more important, are the earlier discussed backups/MySQL slave server. These depending on how DJ secured those, may or may not contain sensitive information. Here is the point I want to come back to the first point I said: DJ trusts JmZ. I wouldn't host my backups on a server of any random stranger. I would really have to trust that someone or really secure the backups.

So are those services likely to change? No, DJ will most likely stay hosting them on JmZ's server, even when he has different options. The current setup works and might only change if it needs to change. I do not believe JmZ has to much in this choice. He can probably tell DJ he doesn't want to host them, but he cannot force DJ to host those services there. If DJ would trust me or BF and decides to host the services on my server or BF's server, then services will be hosted on my or BF's server(if we also give permissions).

When it comes to donating, not much has changed. JmZ cannot really force players to donate to him to prevent him from taking down his servers, but given that players still use his server means it is not unreasonable that he asks for donations. Players might feel less urge to donate, because they know BF has a server in the US as well, but this doesn't mean they shouldn't donate if they continue to use the services as they did before.

Jmz cannot prevent someone from setting up an own server, he cannot prevent it if the community starts playing on that server, he probably cannot prevent it if DJ hosts his services elsewhere.

Donate if you use his server and want to keep his server on-line. If you believe your money is not well spend when you donate to JmZ, then either support either me or DJ. If he don't feel like donating anything at all, then so be it!

It has been long enough that this topic has gone off-topic, so I would prefer if this is the final post about this subject.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: