Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:32:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188529 Posts in 10877 Topics by 17915 Members
Latest Member: nguyenphat
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  IRC in game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRC in game  (Read 3964 times)
BEARD!

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:59:06 pm »

Made as per the request of DieOrFail and TNaismith.

This mod moves the in game irc panel to the top left corner of the screen, makes it stay there throughout the game and shows you 5 lines. It also changes what the Player IRC Option in settings does - anything bound there will activate the chat box and type "/irc_say " on bindup, which enables you to chat  directly to the irc channel.

No idea if it works with rmod, or as a commander. Votes will get in the way of the panel, might fix that if I can be bothered (others are welcome to, too, of course!).

If you don't change irc.cfg to a different channel and/or network, you'll have irc.newerth.com #newerth, which is filled with GGBot and quit/join messages from most of the XR-playing population.

Update

Since this mod ties in with the options, whenever someone auto-updates the options file, the mod will effectively break the options, which is less than ideal. I've created a script that (should) rebuild the mod with the latest options file. Reply to this topic if I need to re-update the mod because your options are broken.

Last update: 26th Feb 2011

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:19:30 pm by BEARD! » Logged

Faun
carn =/= hax
XR Dev Helper

Hear a flute in the forest...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:04:35 am »

yaay improvements ftw

DieOrFail
Reaper's Best Buddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:04:52 am »

Great work! Afro
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator of The Hunterz Clan

Teamwork Enthusiast . . . . Are you in?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 10:55:51 pm »

I can confirm this does not work with Rmod...at least not 100% perfect.  You'll encounter a lot of problems and a variety of issues if you use this IRC mod with Rmod, so be warned.

On the other hand, since Newerth does have it's own IRC (irc.newerth.com, #newerth)...and considering I'm addicted to hanging around random IRC channels everywhere I go, this mod works great for me.  =)  Only for people interested in using IRC to talk/chat/communicate though.  Lots of people will prefer to stick with in-game chat and etc.

Good job on this BEARD.  Going to use this from now on. (Although Rmod is now officially out of my Savage now >.<)

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 10:57:51 pm »

RMOD comes with as many bugs and incompatibility issues as does Savage itself. :p

Regardlessly good job Beard! I think it's a nice little addition. Prefered over RMOD. :p
TNaismith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:47 pm »

Update (February 26th 2011):  Found a bug.  For some reason, installing this mod disables the 'Toggle Build/Mine' feature.  For months I have tried using auto-attack to do things like power-mine, repair buildings, and even do some basic melee fighting.  I never realized what the problem was until yesterday night.  I decided to remove all the mods from my Savage folder just to see if the auto-attack button would work again -- after a few tests, it definitely seems like this IRC mod was disabling the auto-attack key.

Epic Blood, another person who has been using this IRC mod, reported yesterday that he can't use his auto-attack key either.

Not sure if you are interested in hearing about this stuff BEARD, but just letting you know all the same.  I've had to remove/uninstall the mod unfortunately for the time being, until this is fixed.  (If it can be fixed for that matter).  Thanks for getting this mod out there all the same, it was still very helpful.

~ TNaismith

EDIT (February 26th 2011):  The bug has been fixed.  BEARD has dealt with the problem and uploaded a new, fixed version.  Auto-attack key now works normally when using this mod.  BEARD = 1, Mod Bugs = 0

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:29:09 am by TNaismith » Logged

BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 06:06:12 pm »

Original Post updated with a version that should fix your problem. Please let me know if it does or doesn't work!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:20:58 pm by BEARD! » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 09:20:53 pm »

BEARDlicious.

TNaismith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 05:33:20 am »

The bug has been fixed.  BEARD has dealt with the problem and uploaded a new, fixed version.  Auto-attack key now works normally when using this mod.  BEARD = 1, Mod Bugs = 0

Confirmed.  Problem fixed, as we discussed on IRC already.  Thanks a bunch, found a bug and fixed a bug all in the same day.  BEARD is indeed, a BEARDlicious. 

PS.
This is what happens when you go searching for 'Beards' on google hoping to find something worth adding into a post...
http://blog.beards.org/tag/full-beard/ (Site is hilarious.  This is the essence of what BEARD is!)

http://blog.beards.org/

Epic Blood

Victory through teamwork

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:11 am »

I downloaded it, and put it in the SavageXR/game/mod folder, but when I tried to open it, it said: Can't open the file unless Windows knows what program to use to open file.

What should I do? :S
BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »

Same process for any client-side mod

* download it
* move to savage folder -> game
* rename it to savage7.s2z
*** any number will do, as long as it's not too big
*** there should already be a savage0.s2z file there, don't call it that

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »

* rename it to savage7.s2z
*** any number will do, as long as it's not too big

Not any number! There is a max! Find it, I dare you! Bwahaha!
BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 08:25:12 pm »

16? A power of two, surely

or 15 if we index starting at 0

BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 10:10:36 pm »

Buni apparently replied re: the number of archives, but it was deleted (I just happened to catch it when skimming through the recycle bin.) Fascinating stuff anyhow!

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »

The code is a bit messy. :p
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: