Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 12:15:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188539 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Groentjuh's Servers (EU)
| | | |-+  INFO: Groentjuh's & Girls' server
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: Groentjuh's & Girls' server  (Read 26782 times)
Brad_Troika

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:41 am »

It seems that my suggestion on rule #7 was misunderstood by both of you. My suggestion would be to change the wording of the rule to something like "Players are not allowed to switch teams in favor of the winning team after the game has started." That is why the rule was made and that is the only condition when it should be enforced. But as I said I believe this is a minor inconvenience so I suggest we close this part of the discussion and you do as you wish about it.

As for behe camping I think that every step should be made to make it harder for behe. I cited a clear example when this can be done without questioning the motive of the player (when the behe spawns at a sub which is not involved in attacking). If that condition gets into the rules it would alone make me very happy. I do not have a cure for how to stop behe camping nor did I wish to start a debate on it (although I'm not opposed to it). My problem is that the word excessively doesn't imply that the referees should be careful not to slay someone who might be "innocent" but it implies that it is a valid method of defending. If we agree that it isn't then the wording should be changed and you should inform your referees how not to slay indiscriminately instead. If we don't agree then consider my argument mute and we should start a debate about that in a separate topic.

I do not care if this makes referees' job harder or nay impossible (which for the latter I don't think it's true) because that is not an argument for making rules. What really bothers me is that the current wording of the rule makes it impossible for refs to punish a player who (again in my opinion but I hope in yours too) uses an exploit. And I have to emphasize again that I'm not trying to give you the job the solve the siege camping problem once and for all but only to make the present rule about it better.

TL;DR
There are clear cases where deliberation of the goal of the behe is not necessary and the wording makes it impossible to punish.
Indiscriminate slaying should be avoided by talking and instructing referees not by making rules lenient.

Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:19 am »

behe to defend a sub is not an exploit, never has been. it's just really really gay.

excessivly spawning behe to defend a sub is not an exploit, never has been. it's just really really gay.

the equivilant I see this behe rule to is those CS servers that ban the use of sniper rifles. killing people over long distances with a super accurate weapon is not an exploit in CS, never has been. it's just really really gay.

Brad_Troika

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2013, 02:01:53 pm »

behe to defend a sub is not an exploit, never has been. it's just really really gay.

excessivly spawning behe to defend a sub is not an exploit, never has been. it's just really really gay.

the equivilant I see this behe rule to is those CS servers that ban the use of sniper rifles. killing people over long distances with a super accurate weapon is not an exploit in CS, never has been. it's just really really gay.

As I said I'm not gonna defend that "behe camping is bad" in this thread unless it's deemed fair by the people involved in making the rules because I fear it would detour this debate. If Groentjuh and/or Skuggi says that only excessive behecamping is considered unfair (just to change the word from exploit) then I'll start a different thread or bump an old one if it exists.
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2013, 12:39:16 pm »

the Wording of the rule, "only excessive behecamping is considered unfair " was added because otherwise if forward sub was under attack automaticaly a behe would not be allowed to spawn.

its not viable to expect a behe to spawn and not attack the legoi attacking the sub or himself.

whilst you might say that not allowing a behe to spawn is okay, if the sub is a rush sub with the intetion of behe rushing the base, one attack stops that and that is not what we wanted.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:43:16 pm by Moxy » Logged

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »

I have a huge ping problem on this server, makes me unable to play savage when this server is used.

Kind of sucks but its a nice way to quit i guess lol

Rio D'Oro
Newerth Donator

NIGHTMARE Clan leader & MPUK stacker @_@

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2013, 05:31:51 pm »

Got same problem as Shag.
Always got twice the amount of my usual ping 40-50  > now 80-90.

It occured in the past 2 months i think.

Even if sometimes its stable again but mostly higher pings!
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2013, 04:30:12 am »

Time to move everyone back to evo. Burn the G/g server.  Evil Serious question, why 80people servers? Its to big/messy/boring.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 09:32:57 am »

How can it be boring with 40 entertaining specs and only one map to pick from at any given time, and 2h draw ones at that?

Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2013, 04:36:43 pm »

How can it be boring with 40 entertaining specs and only one map to pick from at any given time, and 2h draw ones at that?

I dont know, must be something wrong with me  Grin
Misch
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2014, 02:27:03 pm »

In the light of recent crashes of Groent's Kingdom, community now mainly plays at Groent's & Girls. However, it has highly outdated map-database, as most of the maps are old versions of already fixed/changed maps + some are not even online (newest ones). That is why I would like to ask competent people (not sure if it is entirely up to Groentjuh) to consider linking newerth's map database to Groentjuh's & Girls server, same as Kingdom is.

Thank you Smiley
Silent Killer
XR Developer, Newerth server admin

Working on N4B XR

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »

useful
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: