Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 05:56:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189428 Posts in 10977 Topics by 18156 Members
Latest Member: LuisPerkins
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Groentjuh's Servers (EU)
| | | |-+  INFO: Groentjuh's & Girls' server
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: Groentjuh's & Girls' server  (Read 32058 times)
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2010, 03:31:15 pm »

Groentjuh's & Girls
Server forums

- Server Rules -

Player Rules:

1.   Players are not allowed to insult other players.
 - Any kind of racism is not tolerated. Players are not allowed to whine, flame, moan or condemn other players in-game.

2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.
- This includes:
* Shooting over hills with catapults, or weapons with similar characteristics, if the map design does not allow it.
* Staying on top of a building to attack it or to gain unfair advantage by doing so. This can only be excepted if the roof of the specific building is directly and easily accessible, regardless of player race.
* Avoiding map limitations using glitches, e.g. getting over grimm's wall.
* Abusing the terrain to get to places other players can’t get to.
* Utilizing damage blow-back (i.e. being hit by a behemoth) to reach otherwise unreachable areas. In case a player finds himself in such a spot he is to take the most direct route the same way back.

3.   Players are not allowed to take the commander seat to start a game and afterwards leave the commander seat again.

4.   Players are not allowed to talk in a language except English.
 - Foreign languages can only be used in global chat for no more than a few sentences. It is allowed to contact other people in your own language, afterwards please make use of /msg or spectator chat.

5.   Players are not allowed to impersonate other players or use other players’ clan tags and/or icons.

6.   Players are not allowed to camp at spawn locations with siege units.
 - Camping suggests that the unit is not attacking and waiting for someone to come close to kill them.
 - Excessively spawning as the behemoth unit, solely for defensive purposes, will be considered camping.
 - This rule does not apply at the end of a game when going siege is practically the last way to defend.

7.   Players are not allowed to switch teams after the game has started.
 - This can be excepted if either team is heavily outnumbered.

8.   Players are not allowed to run scripts or codes which affect server performance.

Commander rules:

9.   Commanders are not allowed to place buildings to gain unfair advantage.
 - E.g. building garrisons or sublairs behind walls to make players spawn on the other side.

10.   Commanders are not allowed to bail.

11.   Commanders are not allowed to spawn as siege units.

12.   Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of players.

13.   Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of flags.
 - It is allowed to build buildings surrounding the flag.

14.   Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players.

15.   Commanders are not allowed to destroy their team's technology to end a game.

Concerning Votes:

16.   Players are not allowed to call kick votes for no reason.
 - If no reason is specified after a kick vote has been started, it will be stopped.

17.   Players are allowed to call message votes as long as they do not break Rule 1.
 - A message vote can be stopped by a referee without any given reason.

18.   Players are allowed to call impeach votes during the warm-up stage.  
 - Once the game has started players should use the elect commander vote instead. However, impeach votes can still be used if it's necessary to get rid of a commander right away.
 - Referees can take action as they see fit if a newly elected commander does not wish to remain in the commander seat.

Concerning Referees:

19.   Respect the referees and their decisions.
 - In case the rules are unclear concerning any of the topics above the referees will decide how to apply them.

20.   Referees will punish you if you break any of the rules or if you misbehaved in a way that might not be literally listed in the rules.

21.   Referees are not allowed to use their powers solely for personal gain or to give themselves an unfair advantage over other players.

22.   Referees may be kicked from the server by other referees if they do not reveal their real nickname when asked to.

These rules may be edited by G&G server administrators, in which case a post will be made pointing out what has been changed.
Note: These rules are heavily based on newerth.com official rules template with some slight modifications. Thanks to Newerth.com's EXZORE.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:29:08 pm by Trigardon » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 03:31:35 pm »

- Additional information -

Reporting Referee Abuse:

Please report Ref Abuse on Groentjuh's Server forums, http://server.groentjuh.eu/index.php, under the section Feedback, Complaints and Suggestions.

In case you think a (god-)referee misbehaved on the server or abused his powers, let us know what happened. Please create a new thread on this forum.

Note that we'll only be taking referee complaints for Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls' server. Also be aware that some evidence may be required. If it's your word against the referee's you're complaining about, his word will almost without exception be taken over yours (i.e. unless you have something to back you up).

Once you create a topic to report what happened please use the following setup:

Subject: [Refabuse] RefereeNickname - DATE

Message body:

Firstly, tell us a short version of what happened and when, how the referee abused his status and if he gave any reasons for his actions.

Secondly, you can explain exactly what happened. Try to be fair, don't exaggerate and don't insult. That's mostly for your own good because if you do you lose credibility and we won't take your complaint seriously.

Thirdly, post any screenshots or demos that you may have. If necessary explain what we should look for. If you post a demo point out the time we should have a look at.

Example:

Subject: [Refabuse] Skuggi - 13.08.2010

Message body:

I'd like to report Skuggi for abusing his referee status on Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls' server. This happened at approx. 17:00 GMT on the 13th of August, 2010.
What happened was that Skuggi kicked me off the server when I was walking around minding my business. He didn't warn me and gave no reason for his actions.

So we were playing the map crossroads and nothing was happening. Humans had a really good base and were camping, and beasts weren't making any progress. So I decided to take a stroll up a tiny hill south of the human base and sac the shield to end the game. As I was just about to sac the shield I got kicked without warning.

Here's a link to a demo: www.linktodemo.com

It happened when the countdown timer was at ~ 30:00.

Main differences between these rules and newerth.com official rules:

As you can see these rules are almost the same as the ones that are used for Newerth.com EvO's server. We had been using that template but it didn't seem absolutely clear and we were getting questions about rules. Especially since the server is called 'Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls' and Newerth.com and Girls have different rules... We decided to post the rules for the server officially so there wouldn't be any doubt.

Our rules are very heavily based on Newerth.com's rules, since we've unofficially been using their rules for all this time. We did, however, make some changes. Most of those changes are very minor and shouldn't alter much. For the most part we've tried to make the rules more standardized and easier to read through.

Most of these changes shouldn't affect most players, but I'll try to list the slightly larger alterations to Newerth.com's rule set.

Player rules:

Very small changes to rule 1 and 2.

Rule 6: About siege camping, added a clarification on behe-spawning.

Rule 7: New rule

Rule 8: New rule

Commander rules:

Simplified several rules.

Concerning votes:

Altered some rules slightly.

Removed some unnecessary rules.

Rule 17: No restart votes after the first 5 minutes instead of 10.

Rule 20: New rule.

Concerning referees:

Pretty much the same.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:14:45 pm by Trigardon » Logged

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 03:31:55 pm »

Groentjuh's Replay
Server Forum
Donation Center

- Server Information -
Groentjuh.eu offers a replay private server, which is hosting the latest and greatest serverdemos of recent tournament such as the Savage World Cup and The Newerth Savage League. By joining the server, you are able to spectate epic clan wars which were fought out seconds, minutes, days, weeks, month or even years ago.

Due to my financial situation and due to the active shoutcasting of the NSL5 matches this server will only be accessible for those who have donated to Newerth.com last year. All Newerth members who did donate within this time can find the password to join this server in Newerth's Donation Center underneath "Your VIP Passwords".
Sharing this password is strictly forbidden. If you cannot keep the password secret, the password will no longer be shared with you.
Important staff members of Newerth and NSL will be able to retrieve this password using the same way, after Groentjuh has approved their request.

The server is controlled using votes. There are votes which allow you to play a different demo or to play the next demo.

- Server Rules -

Player Rules:

R1.   Players are not allowed to insult other players.
 - Any kind of racism is not tolerated. Players are not allowed to whine, flame, moan or condemn other players in-game.

R2.   Players are not allowed to talk in a language except English.
 - Foreign languages can only be used in global chat for no more than a few sentences. It is allowed to contact other people in your own language, afterwards please make use of /msg or spectator chat.

R3.   Players are not allowed to impersonate other players or use other players’ clan tags and/or icons.

R4.   Players are not allowed to run scripts or codes which affect server performance.

Concerning Votes:

R5.   Players are not allowed to call kick votes or mute votes for no reason.
 - If no reason is specified after a kick vote or mute vote has been started, it will be stopped.

R6.   Players are allowed to call message votes as long as they do not break Rule 1.
 - A message vote can be stopped by a referee without any given reason.

Edit: Thanks to Hakugei and Daemon, you can no longer get access to the replay server by donating. Those who have already donated can still continue to join the replay server and will still see the password in the donation section for the remainder of the year.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:31:25 pm by Groentjuh » Logged

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
UnnamedNewbie(20)
Official Newerth.com Troll

Z0MG INVITE FOR MY! I POOR FAMALY NEED DOTA MONEY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:00:47 pm »

Commanders are not allowed to bail. What you gonna do if a comm just d/cs? Kick him  Huh
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 07:06:33 pm by UnnamedNewbie(20) » Logged

Quote from: Trigardon
what am I know? A stupid asshole? Always been.
Quote from: Tjens
very ncie sig
Quote from: a ! M b O T*
//offtopic rly nice sig newbi lol
Quote from: UnSaFe
I intended to make the same sig[/
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 05:53:11 pm »

It is specified that a commander cannot place buildings on a flag. Is the commander allowed to place buildings on gateway or other players? Is it allowed to place demos on buildings? And imo, players shouldn't be allowed to to get on buildings at all. Ranged weapons have no effect on them when they have "building walls" to cover them even though players can go through them like ghosts. All of the above in written my post seem like exploits to me.

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:47:45 pm »

It is specified that a commander cannot place buildings on a flag. Is the commander allowed to place buildings on gateway or other players? Is it allowed to place demos on buildings? And imo, players shouldn't be allowed to to get on buildings at all. Ranged weapons have no effect on them when they have "building walls" to cover them even though players can go through them like ghosts. All of the above in written my post seem like exploits to me.

If you try and make up your mind, read the rest of the rules and then use some common sense, you will probably come to the conclusion that placing buildings on players or gateway is not allowed, and that you are allowed to place demos on top of buildings, as long as you didnt get up the building by exploiting (but rather by jumping down from a hill or such).

There is indeed no rule for the first issue, but referring to "22.   Referees will punish you if you break any of the rules or if you misbehaved in a way that might not be literally listed in the rules. " it should be obvious you're not allowed to place buildings in a way that gains you unfair advantage like that.

It used to be forbidden to get on top of buildings, but after a while it became obvious it's just not enforceable, because sometimes garrs/subs really are badly badly placed and everyone would just jump on top without even thinking about it. If you're attacking and you see the chance to gain advantage because their commander built the sub/garr that way, why wouldn't you? It's less trouble if you allow it as long as no-one's exploiting to get up there. Plus, if the enemy team can get on top, in most cases you will be able to do the same within seconds, so it's not that big of an issue.
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:33:22 pm »

If you try and make up your mind, read the rest of the rules and then use some common sense, you will probably come to the conclusion that placing buildings on players or gateway is not allowed, and that you are allowed to place demos on top of buildings, as long as you didnt get up the building by exploiting (but rather by jumping down from a hill or such).

I read all the rules mind you. I would've thought that placing buildings on things is an exploit but since it is SPECIFIED where not to put buildings it can be easily assumed that you can place buildings on anything else other than the specified not to place areas.

There is indeed no rule for the first issue, but referring to "22.   Referees will punish you if you break any of the rules or if you misbehaved in a way that might not be literally listed in the rules. " it should be obvious you're not allowed to place buildings in a way that gains you unfair advantage like that.

Well, if it is so damn obvious why does it have to be specified that it is not allowed to place on flags? Is it an example? It doesn't look so if it is said that way. It looks like a whole rule instead. For the record I've seen some people placing nexuses on gateways even recently. If it was so damn OBVIOUS that it is an exploit why is it that people do that? Why is it that refs don't do anything about that sort of thing? Why is it that nobody even shouts exploit when such a thing happens? I blame confusion. And also for the record, I used to be a ref on other servers before (unfortunately those servers died) and I had a discussion with another ref from the same servers. He said that placing buildings on people is allowed because rules don't state that it is an exploit even though it technically is. There are many technical exploits that aren't exactly labeled as illegal.

So instead of ignoring the obvious place that too to avoid anymore confusion or probably avoid a load of complaints from players who will most likely just bend the rules in their own favor.

It used to be forbidden to get on top of buildings, but after a while it became obvious it's just not enforceable, because sometimes garrs/subs really are badly badly placed and everyone would just jump on top without even thinking about it. If you're attacking and you see the chance to gain advantage because their commander built the sub/garr that way, why wouldn't you? It's less trouble if you allow it as long as no-one's exploiting to get up there. Plus, if the enemy team can get on top, in most cases you will be able to do the same within seconds, so it's not that big of an issue.

I can understand that but it doesn't really touch the ranged weapons issues against players on buildings I mentioned. Guess that will always be a problem.

And mind your fucking tone, please. I didn't ask questions to cause dramas or conflicts but to clarify some situations I've met in my personal experience as a Savage player. You don't just expect me to follow the rules without questioning them and be sure that they are accurate, do you?

DieOrFail
Reaper's Best Buddy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 07:34:02 pm »

Is it allowed to place a research center on the hill north on Eden2, for example?

I think you know what I'm talking about. Wink
SDiabolical

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 07:38:14 pm »

Is it allowed to place a research center on the hill north on Eden2, for example?

I think you know what I'm talking about. Wink

Imo it is, because it is not any sort of exploit, just blockade. Wink

*It is specified that a commander cannot place buildings on a flag. Is the commander allowed to place buildings on gateway or other players? Is it allowed to place demos on buildings?
*And imo, players shouldn't be allowed to to get on buildings at all.
*Ranged weapons have no effect on them when they have "building walls" to cover them even though players can go through them like ghosts. All of the above in written my post seem like exploits to me.
*Players cannot place buildings on flags. I have not personally seen any comm able to place nexus or any othwer building on Gateway. First tie hearing that one. :O
*It is allowed as long as there is no exploit, just walking on them is not exploit, also just jump is not exploit.
*Don't understand exactly what you mean by third point. Explain in other words if you can. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:45:45 pm by Groentjuh » Logged
ZigZag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 07:54:23 pm »

no rus big sentense(((
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »

*It is specified that a commander cannot place buildings on a flag. Is the commander allowed to place buildings on gateway or other players? Is it allowed to place demos on buildings?
*Ranged weapons have no effect on them when they have "building walls" to cover them even though players can go through them like ghosts. All of the above in written my post seem like exploits to me.
1)Players cannot place buildings on flags. I have not personally seen any comm able to place nexus or any othwer building on Gateway. First tie hearing that one. :O
2)It is allowed as long as there is no exploit, just walking on them is not exploit, also just jump is not exploit.
3)Don't understand exactly what you mean by third point. Explain in other words if you can. Smiley

1) I've seen it and not only once, unfortunately. It is as possible to place on flags and on people as it is obvious that these are all exploits. Not just placing on flags.
2) Can you attack on it or place demo on it? I see that happening almost all the time.
3) Let's have an example. A lego climbs up a building by semi-jumping between 2 buildings close together or by jumping between a hill and a building close together to get on top of that certain building. Let's say that the building the lego is on is a strata shrine. If he stays on it ranged attacks will have absolutely NO effect on him because of the "walls" and that strata air. The bullets or whatever stop at these walls and the only way to kill him is with melee. It's like that air shield from the eden waterfall area where ranged won't pass it but a player can only it's on some part on the buildings and is "colored". Am I making any sense or do I have to draw it on a screen?  Grin

Thanks for the more "warming" reply. Smiley

EDIT: Here's another example. If you are "inside" an arcana (aka just be on top of it) ranged attacks will not penetrate the walls and therefore not being hurt thus gaining an unfair advantage by technically exploiting which is allowed only in that certain case. Still not sure if you can attack on it though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:14:27 pm by WinterFresh » Logged

Skuggi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 09:41:45 pm »

1)Players cannot place buildings on flags. I have not personally seen any comm able to place nexus or any othwer building on Gateway. First tie hearing that one. :O
2)It is allowed as long as there is no exploit, just walking on them is not exploit, also just jump is not exploit.
3)Don't understand exactly what you mean by third point. Explain in other words if you can. Smiley

1) I've seen it and not only once, unfortunately. It is as possible to place on flags and on people as it is obvious that these are all exploits. Not just placing on flags.
2) Can you attack on it or place demo on it? I see that happening almost all the time.
3) Let's have an example. A lego climbs up a building by semi-jumping between 2 buildings close together or by jumping between a hill and a building close together to get on top of that certain building. Let's say that the building the lego is on is a strata shrine. If he stays on it ranged attacks will have absolutely NO effect on him because of the "walls" and that strata air. The bullets or whatever stop at these walls and the only way to kill him is with melee. It's like that air shield from the eden waterfall area where ranged won't pass it but a player can only it's on some part on the buildings and is "colored". Am I making any sense or do I have to draw it on a screen?  Grin

Thanks for the more "warming" reply. Smiley

EDIT: Here's another example. If you are "inside" an arcana (aka just be on top of it) ranged attacks will not penetrate the walls and therefore not being hurt thus gaining an unfair advantage by technically exploiting which is allowed only in that certain case. Still not sure if you can attack on it though.

'Rule 12.   Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of flags.' Flags are specifically mentioned because placing buildings on top of spawn flags is really game-breaking. If there's a building on top of a flag it can't be captured, even if you can see the flag. Of course you can't place buildings on top of gateways, but I haven't come across that happening. I've seen commanders build nexuses around a gate but not on top of the gate itself. If it's an issue I might add to the rule, but as EXZORE points out, it can be read from the context of the rules that it's not allowed.

Your other point is harder. Because it should be completely normal to walk on buildings if you can jump on to them without exploiting (wouldn't make sense to have it any other way). Especially when beasts are trying to sac shield towers and such, it's necessary to walk on top of buildings. The problem is the hit-boxes of the buildings. I'm not sure if we can fix that, at least we'll have to live with it for the time being
It usually ends up with a ref having to judge depending on the situation. If it's really easy to jump on to a strata shrine and place a demo on top, beasts should be able to get up there as well. If, however, it's hard to get up there even though there technically wasn't any exploiting a ref may decide that it's an unfair advantage to be up there and ask the player to go down.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer - if not please let me know what's confusing. The rules will never be absolutely clear, I mean, have a look at the legal system which is always being disputed. In the end it's often up to the refs to decide, which is why we have them.
SDiabolical

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 09:56:16 pm »

no rus big sentense(((

))))No big at all!)

Anyway, as long there is no exploiting ppl can stand on building and place demos or attack that. Imo. Climping up to building I consider a exploit, tbh, in sort of. One exception might be shield saccing!
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 10:21:31 pm »

If you try and make up your mind, read the rest of the rules and then use some common sense, you will probably come to the conclusion that placing buildings on players or gateway is not allowed.

Actualy this was discussed and removed from the rules because the argument was that in order for the com to do it he needs to waste stone, therefore theres a draw back. so atm putting buildings ontop of players is allowed. however all rules can be changed with discusion between skuggi and the server refs.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:23:51 pm by Moxy » Logged

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »

Commanders are not allowed to bail. What you gonna do if a comm just d/cs? Kick him  Huh

Put him on the com black list and never let him com again. atm i've seen plenty of people willing to com. so this should not be a problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: