Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2018, 08:04:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189435 Posts in 10976 Topics by 18160 Members
Latest Member: nigdarogp
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Mafia (play-by-post game)
| | | |-+  Mafia 1 - Newerth - GAME OVER
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mafia 1 - Newerth - GAME OVER  (Read 309486 times)
mind
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »

Btw does every post have to finish with vote? I dont see a point in saying F3 as long as you didnt vote earlier Tongue
not every post needs to end in a vote if i recall correctly, but i think u need to vote f3 if u dont want to lynch someone

Once enough F3/No lynch votes gather, the day ends abruptly even before the deadline.

Don't think the 3 F3s will cause that. And two of them state for now. So they will probably change.

Why are we calling the bad guys beasts?
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:03 pm »

You're correct. The chances to lynch a beast right off the bat is fairly unlikely - since, obviously, there are more humans around. However, voting for a "no lynch" usually means you waste a day (at least this early with so many players), as during night the beast team receives a "free kill".

so you'd rather lynch a human then waste 1 day. maybe true, but surley its better to wait a day, and see any clues that may unravel. i mean, the beasts cant communicate with each other in any way apart from this thread. so therefore they have no idea who everyone else is voiting for. there is more chance of all the beasts votiing for different humans with more humans about. the less humans about, the more likely the beasts will vote for the same person.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 11:13:15 pm »

So you're saying let's not lynch anyone during the day, as the beasts will take care of it during the night? As such, the amount of possible lynches dwindle either way without anyone getting their hands dirty during the day.

Hmm, interesting. I'll have to remember your view on this.

@Mind: Because it's Savage-themed. Feel free to use "Townie/Innocent" and "Mafia/Scum" if you feel like it. Just don't confuse everyone with it, Mind Gambler. Wink
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »

not exactly,

what im saying is beasts cant communicate apart from in this thread. so they can't email each other and say okay lets all lynch haku!

therefore the more humans about the less likley they will succed in a killing. afterall, the more humans there is, the les likely they all choose the same person!

mind
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 11:24:01 pm »

That wouldn't be suspicious at all, five people trying to lynch the same person at day 1.
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 11:30:29 pm »

its all about properbility.

take a 6 sided dice. you have 1 in 6 chance of guessing the right number.

if you remove a side, and have it so its only 5 sides, the chance of getting the right number now lowers.

its the same here with the beasts. u have for example, 5 beasts who are each guessing. the chances of all of them voting the same person are lower with the more humans there is, cause there is more choice. the only way beasts can sucessfully comunnicate with each other on who to kill off is in this thread, therefore giving us clues on who they are. why lynch someone with no clues about whos who, and make the beasts job easier.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 11:31:18 pm »

That wouldn't be suspicious at all, five people trying to lynch the same person at day 1.

i meant killing someone during the night, not lynching, mistake of word used. my bad.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:12 pm »

F1 Moxy his smartness and ablity to talk his way out, must be bad-guy  Grin
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 11:40:10 pm »

so i explain why lynching someone without clues is a bad thing, and u go ahead and vote for me? interesting...... Maybe trying to get me to shut me up early in order for humans to lynch another human? sound like a beats tatic to me, however like i said, i feel voiting someone off with no clues is just playing into the beasts hands. so my vote stays the same. but i'll keep an eye on you Rolex.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:41:56 pm by Moxy » Logged

mind
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 11:45:52 pm »

Not to mention the clues we humans receive from lynching someone (=suspicions).

so i explain why lynching someone without clues is a bad thing, and u go ahead and vote for me? interesting......

Rolex might follow Haku's thoughts.
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 11:51:33 pm »

i suppose thats fair, i might not agree with it, since i think lynching someone off first day just makes beasts job slightly easier, but i suppose one could look at it that way. but then i prefer to look for clues in the posts then killing of innocents.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:37 pm »

Not to mention the clues we humans receive from lynching someone (=suspicions).

so i explain why lynching someone without clues is a bad thing, and u go ahead and vote for me? interesting......

yes im secretly haku slave :/

so i explain why lynching someone without clues is a bad thing, and u go ahead and vote for me? interesting...... Maybe trying to get me to shut me up early in order for humans to lynch another human? sound like a beats tatic to me, however like i said, i feel voiting someone off with no clues is just playing into the beasts hands. so my vote stays the same. but i'll keep an eye on you Rolex.

the whole point of the game is its for fun and i don't really care if you vote me for being a beast(puppy eyes insert here:P)

and coming back at me quickly-hmmmmmmm suspicious, as if hes desperate Tongue
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 11:58:11 pm »

nah im just active on the forums Cheesy really bored atm. i might just go to bed soon. and of course this game is for fun Cheesy and im quite enjoying it Tongue hence activity. being active in the game dosent count as being a beast Cheesy.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:51 am »

nah im just active on the forums Cheesy really bored atm. i might just go to bed soon. and of course this game is for fun Cheesy and im quite enjoying it Tongue hence activity. being active in the game dosent count as being a beast Cheesy.

hmm change in tactics i sense  Cheesy Cheesy

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE beasty  Evil

oh and im going to bed gl moxy and ppl who are viewing this thread
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 12:08:56 am »

take a 6 sided dice. you have 1 in 6 chance of guessing the right number.
if you remove a side, and have it so its only 5 sides, the chance of getting the right number now lowers.
Yes, but that would indicate that you want to vote for like 5-10 (Maybe even 20?) nights in a row, since then you'd have the best chance to lynch a human entirely by chance. But that's just not a good idea, as even IF you lynch humans accidentally, it's better than ONLY having deaths occur at night. At night, beasts WILL strike (at least according to mafia rulings - check any of the links Deamon posted at the beginning in the other thread). I agree with Moxy that aimlessly lynching is fairly inefficient, but a night is just as inefficient (if not even more, as no one is to be blamed for someone else's death).

If he is, it would be nice if he says so. :p

what im saying is beasts cant communicate apart from in this thread. so they can't email each other and say okay lets all lynch haku!
Thank god!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: