Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 08:30:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188608 Posts in 10883 Topics by 17933 Members
Latest Member: juniorgm
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  REPORT: Mac Savage XR Bugs
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REPORT: Mac Savage XR Bugs  (Read 39055 times)
Zackorrigan
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2012, 04:39:53 pm »

oups sorry didn't saw the new post, i have the same, if i press shift+tab the game screen change all in white

SavageLegacy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2013, 02:05:50 am »

Just an FYI, while it hasn't happened to me, I've noticed a few kicks recently saying the same thing "hacker, mist shader hack, etc", on completely new players, one who I know for sure just started out the game, others who I assume just started because they were noobs.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2013, 09:17:14 am »

I can just tell you the same as always.
Until they file a proper bug report, I'll be considering the kicks as intentional. :p

You're the only Mac user that tested my fix and reported the hash to me. (Even left the code in for weeks.)
This shows me that you were the only Mac user that actually wanted it fixed. Undecided
And thus, you just might be the only Mac user it is fixed for. Grin

So if you are certain they're not cheaters, have them report the bug with proper info.
Perhaps I'll even add the hash to console again.
SavageLegacy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:57 am »

Okay, and sorry, these players were unknown to me, as I rarely saw them online/never did, and i assumed they were new because of their playing style. If i see an active player get kicked like this i'll tell them Smiley
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:54 am »

Fair enough.
(No need to be sorry. Smiley Keep reporting; it helps a lot.)

It's possible those "new" players downloaded their client from fishy sites (usually old).
Or actually are cheaters but didn't realize they'd be punished for it (in this very old game :p).
Riddick

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »

Okay, i tried to get some more infos from mazera, he said he tried evrything, but he doesnt gets any crashreport.
he just presses shift+tab and all crashes. no report.
he would be proud if you fix it Cheesy
GP(Michi)

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2013, 01:45:13 pm »

Mazera here,

This post mostly concerns the 'Shift + Tab' crash issue.
If one presses 'Shift + Tab', the game crashes without any given crashreport. This happens at any state of the game, whether you press it in the options menu, the actual game, the loadout screen or the menu. The game changes from fullscreen to a frame, which looks like this (attachment 1). This actually occurred after having pressed 'Shift + Tab' in the Menu, hence I assume the tiny rectangles represent the characters that would usually be displayed there.
I do not have deep knowledge of coding, but I believe that this bug relates to a switch from fullscreen to frame and vice versa, due to having experienced the exact same issue when trying to change the game's resolution without restarting the game in the options menu.
Other than that, pressing 'Shift + Tab' after having it already pressed once will set the white screen with rectangles to fullscreen again, pressing it once again will set it back to the frame. You can continue this as long as you wish.

I hope this is helpful and I would like to thank everyone working on the reported bugs for their affords and their great work,

- Mazera

Edit: Just realized you can still click the rectangles and access the menu, server list etc. and the game will even show you the colors of the original characters. Also, music keeps playing in the background.

* 1.png (196.7 KB, 1280x800 - viewed 223 times.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:49:42 pm by GP(Michi) » Logged
DieOrFail
Reaper's Best Buddy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2013, 03:01:23 pm »

That bug is actually as old as the Mac client itself. I've reported it various times, at first to biggeruniverse (who fixed it in SR),
then a few times here along with the (finally fixed iirc) tutorial bug and to anyone who was in the #savagemods IRC channel.

I guess if Mohican left/went back to the woods, nobody here will be able to fix it/build new Mac bins.
(This is in no way meant offensive, there's just nobody with a Mac iirc...)
Cercopes

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:57 pm »

Installed savage for the first time today in a year, and it crashed on startup. "Savage XR quit unexpectedly". Drivers up to date, installer downloaded from newerth. Please help!!
cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2013, 03:55:52 am »

Just thought I'd mention that Savage XR is currently incompatible with Mac OSX Mavericks. It loads past the auto updater and gets to the initializing screen and then the application quits with the following generic message.

I've also attached the text file that it gives me if I choose to report the bug to Apple. I don't know if it'll help but here you go anyways.

* Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 10.47.48 PM.jpg (84.91 KB, 546x279 - viewed 173 times.)
* bugreport.pdf (93.4 KB - downloaded 99 times.)

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2013, 04:59:13 pm »

Are there any future plans to fix this?

CJ
Junglist
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2014, 12:30:36 am »

I wasn't playing for some time. Now I'm trying to re-download the game and start from scratch, and the downloaded dmg says - you can't open this, it's damaged. That doesn't seem right Smiley I'm on mac with 10.9.1.
Armen

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2014, 03:14:56 pm »

I have problem with mouse on Mac.
When I press and hold any mouse button and start to aim, my mouse goes crazy, its not possible to aim. Cry
Same problem if I try to use touchpad.
But, if I press attack button on keyboard and aim, everything OK.

Macbook Pro 13" 2011 late
Mavericks 10.9.2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:17:22 pm by Armen » Logged
jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

Check your mouse settings, maybe os x is adjusting movement on clicks. Is it isolated to Savage or reproducible outside of it too?

Armen

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2014, 08:24:11 am »

I don't have any movement functions on click.
This problem only in Savage.
I play C&C Generals normally, use Photoshop, everything OK. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: