Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 12:13:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188667 Posts in 10889 Topics by 17952 Members
Latest Member: Freans
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  DOWNLOAD: Savage (The FPS and RTS game) FULL FREE download (Windows and Linux)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOWNLOAD: Savage (The FPS and RTS game) FULL FREE download (Windows and Linux)  (Read 356993 times)
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2006, 04:51:00 am »

Savage is FREEWARE please use the following links to download and install.

If you have problems getting savage to work make sure your graphics drivers are the latest version. If you have further issues please post in this topic and we will try and help you.

Installing Savage with XR

Installing Savage XR is recommended by the Newerth Community, it includes many bug fixes/extra features and is actively maintained by its Developers here at Newerth.com

Windows:~

1. Download THIS file, the standalone Savage XR installer, double click the file after downloading and follow the on screen installation instructions.

2. For the original manual of Savage in PDF format download THIS file or read our complete strategy guide HERE.

Linux:~

1. Download THIS file, the standalone Savage XR installer.

2. Make sure you have execute permissions set on the installer for your current user before trying to install the game. Start the installer with ./xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin and follow the on screen installation instructions.

3. For the manual to savage download THIS file or read our complete strategy guide HERE.

Installing Savage with SFE*

Installing Savage with SFE* is only recommended if you are experiencing issues with XR because the install process is more complicated, has several know bugs (will crash on new systems using OpenGl 3.0+) and is no longer supported by its developers.

Windows:~

1. Download THIS file which contains the standalone Savage package and extract it to a suitable location.

2. Download THIS file which contains the SFE* patch and extract it over the files you extracted in part 1.

3. Download THIS file which contains the SFE* OpenGL 3+ patch and extract it over the files you extracted in part 2.

4. For the orginal manual to savage in PDF format download THIS file or read our complete strategy guide HERE.

Linux:~

Ask for help on the forum if you get stuck installing the linux version of savage.

PLEASE NOTE: If you experience issues with sound stuttering install the alsa-oss wrapper and run savage using the command 'aoss'. For more information on sounds issues with 64 bit Debian based OS's, like ubuntu, check out THIS download.

1. Download THIS file which contains the standalone Savage package and extract it to a suitable location.

2. Download THIS file which contains the SFE* patch and extract it over the files you extracted in part 1.

3. After installing the above file start savage with the script "./Savage"

4. For the manual to savage download THIS file or read our complete strategy guide HERE.

Savage Related Downloads:

After downloading and setting up savage you may want to check out the Newerth Community download section HERE for the most comprehensive set mod's, movies and files related to savage on the internet.

Cheers DJ
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:27:13 pm by Django » Logged
Blados

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 06:05:24 pm »

Uhm, the patch link for windows is wrong i think.
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 06:34:34 pm »

ooops! Fixed it now!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 06:47:24 pm by DJ » Logged
Enliven
Admin demoralizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 09:53:59 pm »

Drag made that site :O

OzzO
Shag Pwnerer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 03:05:19 am »

no he didnt, dArtagnan did ><

gr. OzzO

Mefix
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 01:48:07 pm »

Mapping guide:
http://68.70.123.11:8080/SavageMapping/index.html
Animation and Exporting:
http://finiteproductionslimited.netfirms.com/Animationandexport.htm
Modeling guide:
http://finiteproductionslimited.netfirms.com/Savage-ModelingTutorial.htm
 Smiley
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 03:42:20 am »

Changed my first post so that i can put map stuff in a new place Smiley
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 03:16:21 pm »

Added Noobie instructions so tell all your mates to download savage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 11:45:51 pm »

Added Noobie instructions so tell all your mates to download savage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawl I still dunt understand shit!

is kinda embarassing when people made fun of me guz I didnt know what winzip or firefox is ! im liek lawl you guys dj you gotta make it even more newbie plzz so I can install on me other cmputers!
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 04:11:05 am »

Ok i'll sort it out tomorrowe mate Wink
Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:11 am »

Still got prob re-installing savage for teh CW today! it keeps saying I dont got a Valid d.b.l 2.0.0 or smthing like that! anyone?!
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 04:08:23 pm »

Your mind is weak, a jedi you are not. Didnt you "quit" like last night?  welcome back though  Smiley
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 05:27:29 pm »

Your mind is weak, a jedi you are not. Didnt you "quit" like last night?  welcome back though  Smiley

we made him tbh  Wink

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Fable
Posted the 5000th reply!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 02:16:27 pm »

How can i see it a legal download? and dj i believe you its not warex but i want to post the links on a dutch forum and they want to know for sure its not Warez

URL=http://www.newerth.com/sm/20588][/URL]
OzzO
Shag Pwnerer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 06:25:43 pm »

it is officially illegal, but since their authenticating system is down, plus they didnt supported the game for almost 2 years, and there is no way they can see if you are using a hacked/modded version. so feel free to use it,

gr. OzzO

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: