Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2018, 02:05:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189434 Posts in 10976 Topics by 18161 Members
Latest Member: kesarmohj
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Last attempt for Savage XR on steam?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last attempt for Savage XR on steam?  (Read 5974 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 10:06:54 am »

AAA graphics did not do SavRez any good. That is something that matters all things being equal. Keeping players in the game by preventing them to be pw0rized over and over is more important, and there is no solution to that as i've detailed it other posts like:

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,18487.msg200996.html#msg200996
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,18023.msg197257.html#msg197257

We'd have to rely on the existence of a newbie friendly player core to populate the servers, which SavRez kind of failed to deliver.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:26:34 am by Daemon » Logged

Natsu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 04:45:07 pm »

Daemon, when this game didn't~ have my graphics pack it had a community of full 64 player servers. Standards were lower in demo days, but the ugly models didn't get fixed. Many players felt disappointed or cheated, and they moved on. I remember reading the complaints. It's why I never paid for the original game and only joined when it became free. S2 released a product with unfinished parts.

And no, noobs don't *need* their own servers in Savage...because they've always been able to get kills with siege and buffs. You misunderstand the nature of challenge. And I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but pro FPS gamers have much higher aim than what's seen on Savage nowadays.

And not that it's your job, but is there any reason why you're making treants instead of fixing ugly building models? Does Silverback need better 3d studio max model support or what? All I hear about it are complaints about the difficulty rigging things.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 05:56:18 pm »

This is a voluntary enterprise. Everyone does whatever they think it's best. And the vast majority of players want new content, as per now defunct main page poll - something i favor doing, even if, for the longest time, all i did was fix bugs and prevent hax, because nobody else would.

If anyone else wants to remake buildings within the bounding boxes of the old ones, let him; i'll add them to XR.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:58:15 pm by Daemon » Logged

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 08:49:50 am »

If anyone else wants to remake buildings within the bounding boxes of the old ones, let him; i'll add them to XR.

I've got this kick-ass redstone tower anyone is free to use

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS

I now got a nice PC at my workplace I can use in downtime so got some time to spare! So if anyone could use some of my time doing anything to help promote XR I'm game for the next couple months.

If this now becomes a reality I'd really like to see some things be prepared for it in advance like:

• Press release
  • Preparing letters to Youtubers
  • Making more video tutorials for the game
  • Taking up this little idea again
  • Newbie servers with active refs and fitting rules

I'll set up a thread or two for these things once I got time and when I know for sure that it's actually going to happen.

Maybe I can be of little help doing some of that icon work (ofcourse with the help and guidance of anyone better in stuff than I am)
Also I can help in making some video stuff or whatever, idk my talents are not at all that far reaching

but the kid got heart

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:56:07 am by Tjens » Logged

Urien

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 03:57:51 pm »

Soooo, uhh any update on that steam release yet? Or is it too soon to ask?
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 07:01:42 pm »

So is this idea dead? Or are you still updating and making changes to the game so are putting it on hold.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 12:32:02 pm »

No, but the requirements to bring a game like Savage onto Steam are steep.
It's a lot more difficult than "just do it".
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 06:53:33 pm »

Chances are if you haven't got a response from maliken yet, and need more than just "yes" on skype then we'll never get it on steam. Not sure how much it cost's to add a game on steam now but if we get to that part then I am willing to contribute.
Again, I don't know how far you've got and if it's a priority. Was just wondering if the idea was still alive.  Good Luck!  Smitten

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 09:27:20 pm »

It's still a topic among the council. And it's still being worked on afaik.

In case anyones seriously interesting in helping us with this topic, feel free to send me a personal message.

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 09:33:39 pm »

Oh Necro bro it's absolutely a priority! Maybe we could use a list of priorities for a game to be added to steam, and a way to get more community people involved into making this happen!

I don't think anyone seriously reached out to Maliken yet but I have a couple hints people are working on it. The more people advocating bringing Savage to steam the better!

Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 07:48:52 am »

Maybe we could use a list of priorities for a game to be added to steam

So I understand that the permission of S2 games is the main bottleneck for publishing on steam?
Yes, a list of these secondary, steep, requirements would be great nonetheless.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:50:34 am by Marbello » Logged

More meaning!
Necrophiliac

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 04:57:56 pm »

He's already said yes Cheesy that's enough. I'm willing to help in any way possible with my limited set of skills (nothing).

Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 05:02:42 pm »

He's already said yes Cheesy that's enough.

I assume there is more to it than a yes on Skype. Such could be the legal transfer of IP rights to someone of Newerth or he needs to be the per forma head of the steam adoption. In the latter case, eventual royalties must be arranged. Edit: that sounded smart but I had no idea what I was talking about.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:18:30 pm by Marbello » Logged

More meaning!
Badyyy
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 02:01:44 am »

And??? What is now the way to steam? If you need i will donate a bit to supp. Badyyy is ever still here Rolleyes

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: