Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 10:36:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The RC3 Client is out now! Download it now!
178618 Posts in 10165 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: oulex44
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
| | |-+  INFO: NSL5 Shoutcaster/Producer Sign-up
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: NSL5 Shoutcaster/Producer Sign-up  (Read 7482 times)
H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:09 pm »

Become a NSL5 Shoutcaster and/or Video Producer!

Hello folks!

The NSL5 - just as the NSL4 - will have shoutcasted matches!
This season 6 matches will be recorded each week (NSL4 had 4 weekly matches recorded).
That's  more than our Shoutcaster "Lucky" and Producer/Publisher "Tirza" can handle.
We don't need all matches to be shoutcasted.
But in order to provide many good shoutcasts with only little delay, we need your help.

How can you help?
There are 4 different positions
(you can also sign up for more than one):

Shoutcaster
Co-Shoutcaster
Producer
Allrounder

Signing up as Shoutcaster, Co-Shoutcaster and Allrounder requires a voice sample (quality check).
Record and upload your voice to your dropbox account, then post the link here.

Once you're part of the NSL5 shoutcast team, check this thread to see available server demos for shoutcasting and producing: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,16292.0.html

NSL5 shoutcast team

Shoutcasters: Lucky, MarchRisker, Robin5hood, HAIKA, Squirrel
Co-Shoutcasters: MarchRisker, Robin5hood, Riddick, Arjey, Squirrel, deathrevenge
Producers: Tirza, Nanaa, Misch, Tinki
Allrounders: -
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:48:38 pm by H3027 » Logged

H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:36 pm »

All 4 positions are explained here. The Tutorials are available in 1080p HD, make sure to watch them full screen. Each tutorial is available as text in the youtube description too. If you have any questions or if you need technical support, ask it here or contact Tirza/H3027.

Shoutcaster

As a Shoutcaster you will join Groentjuh's replay server or download the server demo and replay it on your PC. You will move around the map, switch between players/comms perspectives and commentate that NSL5 match while recording your voice and Savage demo. You can shoutcast alone or with a Co-Shoutcaster. Once finished, send all files and match info to the producer. An example of the info.txt (match info, players etc) is available here: http://www.newerth.com/tirza/info.zip

If you want to replay and shoutcast the server demos on your own PC, watch this tutorial as well.
The NSL5 Replay Server is available here (windows): http://www.newerth.com/tirza/nsl5_replay_server.zip

Co-Shoutcaster

As a Co-Shoutcaster you will join Groentjuh's replay server and commentate a NSL5 match together with the Shoutcaster while recording your voice. Once finished, send your voice files to the producer (unless you work with an Allrounder, then you won't need to record/send anything yourself).

Producer

As a Producer you will receive voice files and Savage demos from the Shoutcaster/Co-Shoucaster, record a video, add match overlays, edit and export the video. Once finished, upload the video to our FTP server from where it will be published to youtube. If you decide to become a Producer, Tirza/H3027 will give you detailed instructions and technical support.
Download the NSL5 Shoutcast Template here: http://www.newerth.com/tirza/nsl5_shoutcast_template.zip

Allrounder

As an Allrounder you will do everything on your own: shoutcasting and producing. This is by far the easiest and most efficient way to create a shoutcast (as you neither need to record demos nor voice files, nor do an audio sync - the whole shoutcast is recorded in one step). Once finished, upload the video to our FTP server from where it will be published to youtube. There's no tutorial available for the Allrounder. If you decide to become an Allrounder you're a true hero. Tirza/H3027 will give you detailed instructions and technical support.

PS: Feel free to publish your shoutcast production on your own youtube channel as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:03:02 pm by H3027 » Logged

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:34:15 pm »

Producer signing up!

(I will have to upgrade my bandwidth before that though. Got currently 10/1)

H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

Producer signing up!

(I will have to upgrade my bandwidth before that though. Got currently 10/1)

Thanks! You'll get all NSL5 video/overlay template files soon.
I don't think you'll need a bandwidth upgrade though. The finished video files are only 0.5 - 2 GB.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:11:58 pm by H3027 » Logged

Robin5hood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »

I could help but I'm not sure undecided

SavageLegacy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:56:21 pm »

I could help but I'm not sure undecided
Riddick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 02:40:16 pm »

Okay, you two work as Shoutcasters, and i help you with Co-Shoutcasting.
I signup as Co-Shoutcaster if one of them signs up, okay ?
H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »

Hello Robin5hood, Legacy and Riddick!

It would be cool to have you guys as shoutcasters/co-shoutcasters! Remember that enthusiasm is more important than an accent free english. I think Lucky has demonstrated that many times already wink

In order to sign up, you'll have to record a short voice sample with audacity (as shown in the tutorials), then upload it to your dropbox and post the link here, so I can check your mic settings/quality.

HAIKA
Enorm type
Newerth Donator

Payah itjsanjt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 04:32:24 pm »

Hey, i can see there are lots of people signed up as shoutcasters already. you can sign me up aswell as a co-shoutcaster but keep in mind that i do not have the access to the demoserver, i just cant get along with the paypal Tongue

50000th kill - Anti       80000th kill - Bistro
60000th kill - Romboy
70000th kill - Blobb
SavageLegacy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »

Sign me up as a co-shoutcaster, but keep in mind I won't be too dependable as I'm busy with school, sports, and my social life. I'll try to commentate on a few games though  afro
H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

Hey, i can see there are lots of people signed up as shoutcasters already. you can sign me up aswell as a co-shoutcaster but keep in mind that i do not have the access to the demoserver, i just cant get along with the paypal Tongue

That's no problem. As a co-shoutcaster you'll get access to the demo server. Or if you want to shoutcast alone, you'll get the server demos for download, so you can host your local replay server within minutes and can start shoutcasting whatever time you want.

But please upload a voice sample and post it here! Smiley

H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

Sign me up as a co-shoutcaster, but keep in mind I won't be too dependable as I'm busy with school, sports, and my social life. I'll try to commentate on a few games though  afro

That's okay. I'm sure you'll find a time and date that suits the main caster too.

What I need from you is a voice sample though. Please record one and upload it here! Smiley

SavageLegacy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 06:00:22 pm »

what program could i use to record myself?
H3027
DarkStar fan
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 06:07:33 pm »

what program could i use to record myself?

Use audacity to record and dropbox to upload the file and get the link.
Both programms are free:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
https://www.dropbox.com/

The Co-Shoutcaster tutorial explains everything step by step:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5GsI6Wva5s

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »

You should make account at MEGA, it's better than dropbox https://mega.co.nz/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »