Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2018, 03:01:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188724 Posts in 10898 Topics by 17974 Members
Latest Member: LaxussBr
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Patch Notes
| | |-+  XR 1.3.5 Patch (9-6-2017)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR 1.3.5 Patch (9-6-2017)  (Read 1092 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2017, 04:30:52 am »

Patchnotes 1.3.5

Major:
  • IGNORE SYSTEM OVERHAUL
    • Massive changes and improvements; including:
      • Fixes & Consistency
      • More Commands & Feedback
      • New ignorelist panel so you don't have to type commands anymore
      • Name and UID ignore options, on top of the existing GUID ignore
    • Press the Vote/Ignore button in the lobby or type /ignorehelp into chat to get started
  • FIELD BUILD & RESEARCH
    • This is an attempt at making the Commander position easier and more appealing to play by granting them the ability to build and research from the field when resigned and giving everyone else the option to "request" certain buildings and research to help alleviate the issues caused by slow/forgetful comms
    • A new Fieldcomm Build & Research panel can be enabled via hotkey (check Player hotkey Options), use these buttons to easily and quickly make use of this new feature
    • This Fieldcomm request feature can be turned off by Server Admin and Commander
    • Acting Officer:
      • BUILD: First officer mark the floor where you want it, then turn in the direction you want the building to be rotated as well, and then click the building button you want to build
      • RESEARCH: First officer mark the related tech building, then click the tech button you want to research
    • Players:
      • BUILD: By clicking the building you would like to request from your comm, a MANUAL request will be sent that the comm can accept or reject; if accepted, your comm's camera will center on your position and automatically select the requested building, making it easy to see where and decide themselves
      • RESEARCH: By clicking the tech you would like to request from your comm, a MANUAL request will be sent that the comm can accept or reject; if accepted, that tech will be researched in the first related building available; this also works for building upgrades like "Stronghold Tier2" and "Flame Spire"
    • sv_allowBuildRequests, sv_allowResearchRequests, cl_cmdr_aAR_buildings, cl_cmdr_aAR_research
  • COMM-LESS MODE (First Draft)
    • Sometimes it is difficult to find someone willing to command while all anyone wants to do is just play the game instead of wait around, yet coding an AI Comm is an enormous task, so this is intended as a first draft compromise until AI Comms are reality
    • /callvote commless & /ref commless
    • This mode can only be activated in WARMUP if there are NO comms. When this mode is enabled (e.g. vote passed or ref command), comm is disabled, all tech (units, weapons, items) is enabled, and the match immediately starts
    • sv_allowCommlessVotes, sv_ref_allowcommless
    • If this mode is somewhat enjoyable, I will improve upon the concept in the next draft until we have a true proper comm-less mode - so please leave us feedback. e.g. combining it with the Fieldcomm system or disabling certain techtypes like siege

Minor:
  • FIXED resurrecting players and healers being able to enter buildings during
  • IMPROVED callvote switchteam
    • Changed <player> <team> to <team> <player> as requested
    • Whitespaces work slightly better
    • No longer accepts index 0 unless it was actually "0"
    • Added some feedback
    • Now overrides lockspec restrictions
    • Now works on spawned players
  • IMPROVED Even & Shuffle Votes
    • Lowered requirement from players*3 to players*2
    • Even & shuffle votes will no longer be canceled right after being called (unless players leave a team right after)
    • Fixed a SHUFFLE bug that moved the wrong players
    • Commanders are now exempt
  • CHANGED Ref "shuffle" was separated into "eventeams" and "shuffle" much like the vote
    • sv_ref_allowshuffle, sv_ref_alloweventeams
  • FIXED a Gate Exploit that allowed tricking the system to make 1-sided gates (exit could be used even if it didn't exist)
  • FIXED player_healernearby activating for corpses that are not revivable (e.g. siege)
  • REMOVED an unnecessary spammy officer log message (DEBUG-only now)

Special thanks to Gridfon, Daemon, Trigardon, eLeMenT, drk, Necro - for testing, reporting, and helping with the new features.

As always, we appreciate feedback and reports, especially towards the new changes and features, that allow us to improve and fix things.

* XR1.3.5ShowFieldCommMenuOptions.png (92.97 KB, 528x154 - viewed 47 times.)

* XR1.3.5FieldCommMenu.png (466.95 KB, 428x618 - viewed 56 times.)

* XR1.3.5OverhauledIgnoreSystem.png (1090.21 KB, 1013x764 - viewed 55 times.)

* XR1.3.5IgnoreSystem.png (151.98 KB, 653x1081 - viewed 56 times.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:49:04 am by Hakugei » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:54:51 am »

On that note, I would invite the Savage community to discuss the Field Comm System and Comm-less Mode to improve upon the concepts (or remove them altogether).

Take a few days to test it and then share your feedback and insights with me (both positive and negative).
Especially the comm-less mode has a lot of potential for improvements, but the big question is in which direction we want to take it.

A few options that are being considered:
  • Combine Field Comm with Comm-less
  • Disable sac and demo
  • Disable siege
  • Instead of all tech unlocked immediately, gradually grant new tech
  • Allow officers to build garrisons/subs/outposts/burrows, but nothing else
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:15:40 am »

Sweet jesus! Nice job! The place-building thing and request research concept is excellent. Just a little thing that comes to my mind:

Is it possible to controll how build & research requests are handled for officers and players (request, auto-accept, auto-deny etc. ?). Would be nice for experienced comms to be able to put it on auto-deny.

Regarding the ignore panel: Its very massive and impressive, but would it be possible to make it more... userfriendly  Tongue? Like, maybe dropdown menu on ignore type (name, uid, index) instead of 16 buttons and dropdown for un-ignore? , or something like that?

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:55:42 am »

Regarding the ignore panel: Its very massive and impressive, but would it be possible to make it more... userfriendly  Tongue? Like, maybe dropdown menu on ignore type (name, uid, index) instead of 16 buttons and dropdown for un-ignore? , or something like that?

Be happy, all I had were console commands for testing! Tongue

drk
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 10:03:28 am »

Massive patch  Afro great work.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:24:55 am »

Question regarding the build & research system for players:

1. Can it be turned off in warmup, and turned on automatically by default, when game start (with commanders)?
2. When one commander enables the feature of field comm requests for buildings and research in the auto-approve section, does it gets enabled for the other team aswell?

- AO officer can build and instantly bypass and requests while in the field, I like that (it makes sense).
- Nearby officer orders removes your own officer marker, which can make it hard to request things if it continously gets overridden. I suggest adding a seperate marker, which only urself and the commander can see, that does not get removed upon other people using officers marker.
- Might be worth mentioning, that it is currently hard to find the option for commanders to enable the build/ reasearch request feature. I dont think newbies will manage to find it easely. Another place, not so hidden in the UI, or atleast more distinct and intuitive for commanders to find, would be better. It defeats the purpose of beeing newbie friendly if it is so well hidden.

Edit:
- I think all officers on the team should be able to build & research if there is no AO officer or commander and the match have started.

Edit2:

Is there feedback for players/officers:
- telling them gold/rs/resources is too low for requested tech/building (if it is too low, of course)
- telling them team havent reached sufficient tech level to meet the request (for example, suggesting lvl 3 lair, while lair is lvl 1)

Edit3:
- Would be nice if AO can make workers from marked building aswell(provided its a spawnable building owned by the team) + feedback if worker  limit is reached.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:49:16 am by Bullet » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 12:35:01 pm »

Is it possible to controll how build & research requests are handled for officers and players (request, auto-accept, auto-deny etc. ?). Would be nice for experienced comms to be able to put it on auto-deny.
Yes, I have added Build & Research Requests to the Playerrequest Comm HUD in the top left corner. Afro
Auto-deny, officer-only, and manual accept. (There is no auto-accept, of course, else trolls would spam the comm with it.)

Regarding the ignore panel: Its very massive and impressive, but would it be possible to make it more... userfriendly  Tongue? Like, maybe dropdown menu on ignore type (name, uid, index) instead of 16 buttons and dropdown for un-ignore? , or something like that?
Hehe, I may have added too many new ignore features, yes...
That should be possible, but working with Savage GUI is an absolute nightmare; for now, I'm just glad I managed to make it in the first place. Grin

Question regarding the build & research system for players:
1. Can it be turned off in warmup, and turned on automatically by default, when game start (with commanders)?
Server-wide or individual as a comm setting? Both is possible, if coded accordingly.
Though I'm not entirely sure why it matters in warmup.

2. When one commander enables the feature of field comm requests for buildings and research in the auto-approve section, does it gets enabled for the other team aswell?
No, it is only enabled for the comm/team that has it enabled.
Much like every other request, they're team-based.
However, the server admin can turn off/on both request types manually at will.
(In fact, Research is on by default, but Build has to be turned on by Pulse. GK already has. If Jmz doesn't notice, just spam him until he does.)

- AO officer can build and instantly bypass and requests while in the field, I like that (it makes sense).
Yep, that's the idea behind it! A "Field Comm", if you wish.

- Nearby officer orders removes your own officer marker, which can make it hard to request things if it continously gets overridden. I suggest adding a seperate marker, which only urself and the commander can see, that does not get removed upon other people using officers marker.
Yes, I am aware, it's an unfortunate byproduct of having so many officers in the current meta. Officers may need to get used to being mindful around an AO that they know likes to use the feature. Groentjuh has notified me of potential improvements to consider.

- Might be worth mentioning, that it is currently hard to find the option for commanders to enable the build/ reasearch request feature. I dont think newbies will manage to find it easely. Another place, not so hidden in the UI, or atleast more distinct and intuitive for commanders to find, would be better. It defeats the purpose of beeing newbie friendly if it is so well hidden.
I put it where all playerrequests are handled by the comm, since it follows the same guidelines and reasoning, it's just another "player request". I'm open to suggestions, where else should I put it? Also, it's on by default for new clients, whereas old veterans may need to change it themselves (fortunately, they should know where it is intuitively).

- I think all officers on the team should be able to build & research if there is no AO officer or commander and the match have started.
Why has the match started without comms? Huh
And yes, involving officers in some form is indeed a potential improvement, just need to figure out in which way and how much would be desired by the commnunity.

Is there feedback for players/officers:
- telling them gold/rs/resources is too low for requested tech/building (if it is too low, of course)
- telling them team havent reached sufficient tech level to meet the request (for example, suggesting lvl 3 lair, while lair is lvl 1)
Currently, there is no feedback other than "Accepted/Denied" like with every other request type - it matches the system for the most part.
I can add client-side feedback that checks by itself to not burden the server with it.

- Would be nice if AO can make workers from marked building aswell(provided its a spawnable building owned by the team) + feedback if worker  limit is reached.
I considered it, but then decided against it for now as you'd need to be in the comm seat anyway to properly control said workers thereafter anyway. Still, it is possible as a potential improvement.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:39:52 pm by Hakugei » Logged
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »

That should be possible, but working with Savage GUI is an absolute nightmare; for now, I'm just glad I managed to make it in the first place. Grin

Once I can be arsed I might give it a try to improve it. But as said, Savage GUI sucks.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 06:50:40 pm »

And yes, involving officers in some form is indeed a potential improvement, just need to figure out in which way and how much would be desired by the commnunity.

Well, I was more thinking in case of commander bailing, that atleast the team (with officers taking the decisions) would have some sort of controll over stuff while they wait for someone new to volunteer. And in terms of controll, I mean that in the case of no commander and no AO officer in the team, regular officers should be able to build and research without any restraints.

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 09:29:14 pm »

Well, I was more thinking in case of commander bailing, that atleast the team (with officers taking the decisions) would have some sort of controll over stuff while they wait for someone new to volunteer. And in terms of controll, I mean that in the case of no commander and no AO officer in the team, regular officers should be able to build and research without any restraints.

Or maybe elect yourself to commander
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 10:44:54 pm »

Snuck in a tiny patch to fix Infirmary's heal; it wasn't triggering around officers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: